Complaints & Reviews

No help at all despite saying they are open 24/7 — No answer to calls. Unable to contact

Due to covid 19 had to change flight to get back earky. Was able to contact main airline but they can't change it brcause there was a block put on by opodo. Whom i presume wanted their cancellation fees even in this extraordinary times!!!.
Can't contact opodo. Can't change flights despite it say they are open 24/7.

Will never ever book with opodo again. Book with opodo at your peril

appalling customer service — unable to speak to agent to cancel a flight

Reference : [protected].
Owing to the corona virus i tried to cancel my flight with Qatar for my partner which was booked through Opodo who I have used many times before .I have not been able to get through to an agent as I was told i need to speak to someone on the phone to cancel.
the phone line is available 24/7 .However I have not been able to get through at 2 am. 3am and 4 m.The flight has now departed.
i am tired of getting through to chat bot and waiting for an agent to reply.
The final straw was when I received a message saying that no ENGLISH speaking agents are available.
i sent a letter by recorded delivery but have received no reply.
This is disgraceful service

Flexible Travel Date Policy

My 18 year old daughter and 3 friends bought tickets from Frankfurt to Mumbai on the Opodo website. They were offered a Flexible Travel Date Policy for 80 euros per person which they took.
It literally says "Enjoy the freedom to change your travel dates". Then it goes on to say that if you want to stay a few days longer, it is no problem and you can change your dates up until 24 hours before the flight.
My daughter and her friends would like to change their flights home and this is where we find out that this policy is operated by Europ Assistance, which does not change your dates, you have to cancel the old booking, buy a new ticket, and submit the old one for refund. You may be eligible for a refund but the price difference between old and new is at your expense. Plus the insurance policy does not talk about you not wanting to take the original flight, it talks about you not being able to take the original flight. So it is not even clear that the insurance will cover the costs of the original ticket.
I have done alot of travelling over the years, and worked in the airline industry, and I have never seen this.

Travel company

6 weeks ago - I had booked a return flight with OPODO from London uk to India. Chennai.. as I was unable to book a return straight to London from Delhi. ( there was no option)..So I paid for the option to change the flight later, with the insurance ( protect your trip& date change £34+£41 =£75 plan. Paid the extra With booking - Then the insurance ( protect & date change plan was removed & no offer of a refund. Now.. Removing the option to change my flight straight back from Delhi to London
I telephoned & emailed to ask Change the return flight. ( which leaves from Delhi to London). Only Im told I have to return back to Chennai. . Then back to Dehli ( same day) then the return flight was cancelled . Without my ever being informed.. Only emails stating I had to contact opodo with a flight modification. ? Which after days of calling I was unable to.. although being instructed it was urgent. So spent 4 hours today. On the phone trying to make sense of what was going on.
- No . I can't fly to London straight from Delhi ... I have to return to Chennai. Then Delhi again. ( where I was a few hours previously.
All I wanted to do was to not fly back to Chennai from Delhi ( where I will already be staying) - to return to Chennai . To only ‘then' fly back again to Delhi. . Same day..!
I was told that because of thus request ( 3 weeks ago). The flight was cancelled. ?
Which I only found out today.. i leave in 3 days. And the stress and amount of time I've spent on the phone. It's outrageous., Sorry I koi's I m repeating myself. I'm exhausted. & very emotional.
If you look into my records. I have over the past 3 weeks phoned on a number ( prob 9 occasions ) to speak to someone. Always being cut off. Or told someone will return a call within 72 hours. After weeks of this. I then find out today MY RETURN FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED !!
And my only option was to cancel my booking.. -buy another flight. with another airline. Costing more.
Only because if I don't return to Chennai from Delhi. To fly back to Delhi ( same day)
I will lose my flight .. ? How hard is it to speak to someone about this.
Opodo has caused the most stress ever, in my 40 years of flying.,
I have asked to be contacted by a supervisor that can understand that all I want to do it fly out back to London . From Delhi. Without my returning to Chennai . From Delhi the same day to return back to Delhi. Because the computer won't allow it. & to then know my booking Is actually insecure ? / having it cancelled without my confirming anything.

Travel company

The booking team

Hi team,
I phoned today earlier to change the date of travel, they said, you have to pay 150 £, but the payment machine was not working, they told me we will get back to you .
but no one contacted me, I tried again after 1 hour and 10 min waiting, they said wait with us, then the phone line broken after waiting more than 1 hour .
my reference no.:[protected]
my mobile :[protected]
email:[protected]@gmail.com
may I ask you to sort it this out ASAP, please .
I tried many times to sort this out .
BW
Ameer

Ticket Number # [protected] - Luggage

Unfortunately I have to inform you that I am not satisfied with Opodo service and I would like to complain. Since I couldn't include/pay for my luggage for 2 weeks, several hours on the phone and no response or no feedback for 2 complaint emails. Online service also doesn't work.

OUTWARD:Erfurt to Hurghada
Opodo booking number: [protected] - XC 498
And
RETURN : Hurghada to Erfurt - XR 497 - N1JUJ6
Ticket Number # [protected]

I finally booked 20Kilo for my outward journey. (EUR 25, 00)
I Asked for the return luggage to be booked for free, the answer was ‘'no''
I asked to speak to a team leader, the answer was ‘' there was no such a thing''
I asked for my feedback to be send to higher level of your Opodo Hierarchy System, the answer was ‘' find it in Opodo website and send it''

I would like my luggage (20Kilo) to be added to my return journey free of charge. But have no hope I guess, no one is reading our feedbacks.

I also booked a hotel room in Giftun Azur, Hurghada Resort,
I tried to use the coupon codes: VALENTIN20 and a couple others (which Opodo keeps emailing me almost every day) but don't work. (Apparently un-recognised)
I asked online for help with the booking of a room in Hurghada, using one of those vouchers. No help offered!

As a regular traveler, I won't be using or recommending your service, I was totally ignored.

Looking forward to your reply,

Nancy Khalifa
[protected]@yahoo.com
[protected] Germany

Refuse to process my flight refund

I booked a flight for travel last July (8 July 19) with BA via Opodo (Ref [protected]) which was subsequently cancelled by BA. I declined the new booking and BA said I just need to contact my travel agent for the refund. Ha! I initially tried to sort this via the Opodo Chat Service, which couldn't cope with this and despite trying 3 times to speak to an agent, no one ever called. After that, I have spoken to Opodo "Customer Service" over 6 times, and depressingly, they always take my details, listen to the complaint, then put me on hold, then send me to a different person, which I have to wait for on hold, and usually after 45 minutes on hold, I finally speak to someone who says they will call BA. Then after 10 more minutes they say BA didn't answer the phone, and to wait 24 hours. And then nothing happens. I have now written them a letter, with no repoly. Opodo have my money, or refuse to process the refund, both of which are illegal. Please can I have my refund?!!!

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to express my disappointment with Opodo services. I bought a ticket from London to Milan on 17/02/20 (Booking ref: [protected]) departing time 16:50. However, due to some issue, I had to change my flight. But when I rang Opodo to amend, I could not get through. I rang Opodo a total 5 calls but unsuccessful.

1) I have made 2 calls to Opodo at 12:42 (45 mins) and 13:31 but could not get through.
2) I rang Air Italia directly to amend the flight at 13:42 but was told to contact Opodo
3) I rang Opodo again 3 times at 16:00, 16:48 and 17:08 no answer
4) I rang Air Italia againat 16:44 to get help but they insist that any changes has to go via Opodo

The services from Opodo was poor and as a result I could not change my flight in time. I was informed that i can cancel the same day but was unable to do so because Opodo not answering calls. I have made reasonable attempts to contact Opodo. As this is due to Opodo poor services, I would like to cancel and get a full refund for the ticket purchased.

Kind regards

flights

I booked and paid for flight. ref: [protected].
Unfortunately I have had to cancvel. as wizz-air changed the flight times, which were not suitable.
I phoned wizz-air, who said they would refund me and would send the money to opodo. I have spent 2 hours trying to contact opodo. It is a disgrace.It is not acceptable that you cannot answer a phone r reply to an e.mail.
It is a disgrace.

• Updated by Allie Foran · Feb 14, 2020

Good afternoon.
    I paid for a flight. ref: 4991 820 508. today, 14/2/20 I have had to try cancel as wizz-air changed flight times, which were not suitable.
    I contacted wizz-air. However, I spent almost two hours trying to contact opodo, to no avail. it is a disgrace. I have paid £340. and nobody answers the phoone or e.mail.
    reason for cancelling is not my fault. airline changed flight times completely. wizz-air replied to me, however no way available to contact opodo.
    Thankyou.

refund of flights

I was booked to fly to and from Australia in March/April but due to the corona virus my trip had to be cancelled as we had connecting flights in Shanghai.
I had also booked a connecting flight from London Heathrow to Edinburgh on the return journey. I will have to cancel this flight as I said I can no longer fly.
My flight was booked by Opodo but the flight company is Virgin Atlantic, I have had many conversations with both companies about a refund, Virgin Atlantic tell me it's Opodo responsibility and Opodo tell me I am not entitled to one because the flight is not connected to China.
Please can you assist in this complaint
I am only complaint about thr flight from London Heathrow to Edinburgh

ticket

I booked 2 tickets!!! It was cost 50 pounds. I put the bank details and they taked more than 500 euro from my bank card (without my consent)!!! Have evidence!! I!!!
Then I called the call center... Having waited 1 hour on the line.. Men from the call center in india, this one confirmed, can't do anything... Just repeat the same thing, write a letter... Having talked with him I didn't find out anything and didn't decide... Written a letter with reference they do not respond!!! Even having evidence, I can't do anything!! If something has problems with this company also, we get together together. A week I go to them in the office already found 3 people with similar problems, join us!!! [protected]@gmail.com

[Resolved] flight booking

I booked return British Airways flights between LHR and BOM with Opodo and from the offset things did not go well and am now left feeling scammed.

First off I noticed just as I was about to be book that one of my flights included a checked baggage allowance yet my return flight did not, I don't know if that's down to the airline or Opodo but it definitely felt like a bit of a trick to add on more charges. Common practice I'm sure :( ... Anyway, I agreed and selected the £48 additional fee so that I would be allowed to travel back home with my luggage and completed the rest of the booking process.

A couple of hours after this I received an email stating that the airline could not confirm my luggage request and that I would receive a refund for the £48. I then almost immediately received a confirmation for my flights booking. So at this point I'm pretty annoyed as I realise I've just payed nearly £600 for a flight on which I have no baggage allowance and realise that this is likely to mean heavy fees at the airport.

I call customer support to find out why they booked me on a flight without checking that the changes to the conditions suited me only to find out that not only do I have no baggage allowance on my return flight but also on my outgoing flight even though it was clearly stated (see attached screenshot) that allowance was included in the price. I'm then told that I can book my luggage through the BA website and when I pushed the service agent to tell me how much that will cost me I discover it will be an additional £125!!!

Clearly not acceptable.

So I've cancelled my flight at the advice of the customer service agent and am waiting both for a response from the complaints form I submitted and possibly up to 10 days for money back (which I need in order to book my flight elsewhere.)

What's more there's a discrepancy between the money taken from my bank (£583.81) and the receipt they've sent to my email (£558.25) ... I guess I'll need to wait to see what actually gets refunded but if it's anything less than £583.81 (I will not accept being charged a booking fee or anything else) I'll definitely look in to further legal action.

flight booking

• Updated by Carl Codling · Feb 04, 2020

I'm not sure why Complaints Board automatically changes this report to 5 stars when it's resolved. It started at 1 star and after the refund I'd maybe change the overall experience to a 2 at best.

• Resolution Statement

I've not received any communication or responses to my support requests from the company and this been a massive waste of my time but on a positive note a full refund has now appeared in my bank account.

flight and hotel booking

Opodo Error in Flight transfer
Booking Reference [protected]

The flights I originally for 6th February to 10th February 2020 included 1 Extra 25kg Bag plus I selected my seats.
The email dated 13/01/2020 at 17.53 pm confirmed, this and I then realised that these dates were incorrect.
I telephoned OPODO and was told that it would cost £150.00 to change the flight dates to 6th March to 10th March, which I agreed and paid.
I was told that the accommodation I booked for the 6th February to 10th February could not be cancelled. However I phone the Maritim Hotel in Nuremberg who told me that the accommodation can be cancelled and the date change would be acceptable, but this had to be done by Expedia who actually booked the accommodation so te accommodation was booked with OPODO, who passed it to E Dreams, who then passed it to Expedia Reference Number [protected]?
I decided not to change these dates for the accommodation.
I then received an email with my flight Travel Document on Tuesday 14th January at 05.46am:
"Travel Document" [protected]@amadeus.com
After checking this on the 15th January, I realised that the Travel Document did not show the extra bag of the seats I had chosen, which should have been transferred by the assistant, and he never mentioned that this would not be included.

I telephoned OPODO on the 15th January and the assistant (a different one) told me that this could not be done???

Therefore OPODO are in breach of contract and the 2 options are:-
1. OPODO add the 1 extra bag to the new flight details which must be for all flights and re-instate the seats I had chosen and paid for originally.
2. I void the payments for the Flight's and Accommodation with my Credit Card Company as OPODO are in breach of contract.

I will also send this information to RIP OFF BRITAIN at the BBC and enter this on Trade Pilot https://www.trustpilot.com

flight refund procedure

[protected] ( booking reference )
Emma Margaret toplak
Flight from Hong Kong to Zurich Wednesday 14 august

Please update me immediately on the status of my refund for this leg of the journey . I have been back and fourth with your company since august and nothing has been done!!
I was unable to board my flight due to the airport being closed down because of the riots in Hong Kong, although the flight left, I was not allowed to check in or go through security .. you will find those who got one the flight were already in transit .

I have been reimbursed for my hotel and food etc from Cathay Pacific, this was done last august.. I don't see how it could take your company so long to do a simple refund for my flights!

I was. informed by opodo that my case was being treated as urgent and that my refund would be made, id hate to know how long people have to wait when it isn't considered as urgent..

your company is absolutely disgraceful ! I have been so patient and understanding, and yet your company has taken advantage of my kind approach to the situation which should have never been an issue to solve .
your company was extremely happy to take my money, and yet your having trouble parting ways with money which is rightfully owed to me!

Cathay Pacific reimbursed me almost immediately for hotels, taxis and food, yet you can't have the decency to refund me for my flight which I was unable to take due to the airport closing down

flight cancellation/amendment booking ref: [protected]

I booked flights in March 2019 from Townsville (TSV) to London Heathrow (LHR) via Brisbane (BNE) and Dubai (DBX) on Tues Dec 10 2019 with my wife and 2 children to visit family and friends over Christmas. For easy reference, the flight timings are as follows:
Tues 10 Dec - TSV to BNE 1640 : 1830hrs
BNE to DBX 2055 : 0530hrs +1 (Wed 11 Dec)
Wed 11 Dec - DBX to LHR 0940 : 1350

I received an email on 14 November 2019 stating there had been a major schedule change and that I had to contact Opodo within the next 48 hours. I obviously contacted Opodo via telephone immediately and asked for an update. I spoke with an operator who told me that the flight out of TSV had been cancelled and as a result, we were being put on a later flight at 1915hrs. I quickly explained that a later flight was not an option as we would not make the connecting flight in BNE to DBX. The operator then said I would have to be transferred to the Cancellation/Amendment dept. I then spoke with an operator in this department who said exactly the same thing to me about the later flight of 1915hrs to which I explained the exact same thing about the connecting flight to DBX. The operator seemed to understand and said it would take 48 hours to resolve and that someone would phone me back.
I waited a few days and because I had not received any correspondence, I phoned Opodo for another update. The operator said that the flight from TSV had been cancelled and we had been put on the later flight at 1915, to which I tried to explain the later flight was not an option as we would miss the connecting flight. Basically nothing had changed and I was having the same conversation but with somebody else. I was then passed onto the Cancellation/Amendment dept again and had the same conversation with somebody completely different! I was then told it would be resolved and take 48 hours. I waited another 48 hours and heard nothing back so I phoned again. At this stage I will save the time and effort of typing and reading but in short, I spoke with 2 different operators and had the EXACT same conversation. Later Flight which would result in us missing the connecting flight!!
I waited until the following Monday and phoned Opodo AGAIN and had the same excruciating and frustrating experience. 2 different operators from 2 different departments telling me the EXACT same story.
The final straw was the following morning I received an email from Opodo saying that a full refund would be offered as they were removing us from all flights!!! We had booked these flights 8 months previously and the whole family was so excited for the trip and we were facing utter disappointment just 3 weeks prior to us flying. I immediately phoned Opodo and expressed my utter displeasure at the latest development and that I was not prepared to accept any kind of refund and that we needed to travel home. I finally spoke with someone who seemed to understand the situation and after another marathon phone call lasting upwards of 1 hour, I was assured it would be resolved. I was still unconvinced but that evening when checking my emails, I received an email from Opodo saying the flights had been confirmed. Unbelievably when I checked the details, they were ALL EXACTLY how they had been in the first place!!! I had spent over 7 hours on the telephone, spoke with at least 8 different operators who kept saying it was the airlines fault for cancelling and that they would resolve it and let me know within 48 hours. None of whom ever did. No-one ever contacted me back and nothing was ever resolved. I had several sleepless nights about if we were ever going to make it back to the UK, We had hotels and hire cars booked and I was potentially going to lose hundreds of pounds. All for my flights to be the original ones that had been booked in March, some 8 months prior. On one hand I was extremely relieved to get resolution but on the other hand so annoyed and frustrated that I had to endure so much stress over something so simple to rectify. I have never used Opodo before and after this experience, I doubt very much that I will again in the future.
I eagerly await your reply.
Malcolm O'Keefe

hotel

FTAO OPODO, EXPEDIA and BOOKING.COM

I would like to report on an episode with OPODO.

on 25th November 2019 I booked a hotel in Saigon from 7th to 20th January. I got a confirmation email to say that it was booked and paid for.

Around New Year I realised that I wouldnt arrive in Saigon until the 8th and set about changing the booking. I tried OPODO on an ongoing basis for several days. I communicated online, with a bot and even a couple of times with people. It was impossible to deal with the bot and the online booking couldn't be used. This was because they insisted that I should input a 10 digit number and also a pin which they said was on the booking confirmation. But I didn't have either; I had a 13 digit confirmation number. This hurdle was insurmountable for the online application, the bot and the supposedly real agents. The agents did resort to telling me that I was through to the wrong number and would give me other numbers. One number was in Spanish and had no English version while another guy I called after being given his number told me that he couldn't deal with this as it was nothing to do with him. I got the impression some of these numbers were for booking.com especially the Spanish one.
In parallel with this I was trying to get through to the hotel but the number wasn't right. The first time a man asked what hotel I wanted but couldn't understand when I spelled it out and was talking away in poor English. I rang that number again and another man gave me a similar story if wanting the name of the hotel and then not recognising it.
I checked if the money had been removed from my account and discovered it had. It had gone to VDP-TRAVEL EXPEDIA which is possibly based in Mumbai, India. I do believe Expedia puts up to be a reputable company.
I also sent varioius messages, texts and emails to any numbers/emails I could find connected with OPODO and indeed sent one to EXPEDIA. I also tried Booking.com but they denied knowledge.
In the end I was unable to have the issue dealt with. I arrived today in Saigon a day late but not too unconcerned as I had prepaid.
The biggest bombshell was yet to come. There is no hotel at the address given and the premises there is locked up. I had to go book another hotel. That added insult to injury.
I think I should be entitled to my money back and indeed some compensation for this disaster.
The supposed Hotel was
MY XUAN HOTEL,
11, DINH BO LINH STREET, WARD 24, BINH THANH DISTRICT, SAIGON/HCMC

airline

I had the worst experience ever!
It's hard to find the right words to describe how disappointed I am with Opodo company and services.
On 28th October whilst check in at Gatwick airport I was forced to purchase a ticket proven I will leave Indonesia within 30 days, so I purchased a return ticket Denpasar - Kuala Lumpur from Opodo, I've selected the option cancel any time for any reason with a £18(eighteen pounds surcharge), after 18 hours when I landed in Denpasar I contacted your company to cancel the flight considering I was going to extend my visa on arrival, a member of staff informed You could refund £88 which was almost half of what I paid (167, 80).The stress was just at the beginning, on the 28th November I faced the biggest nightmare, I couldn't check in online, at the airport Citylink airline staff was refusing to check my luggage in ( I paid to your company for 50kg allowance) after long time waiting for the airline manager to come to resolve the situation considering 4 member of staff weren't able to help me out, insisting on their system I had just 10kg allowance and to check in 25kg I should pay 1, 600, 000(onemilionsixhundredrupies) which was extremely expensive. They kept saying the manager was coming, but after 40minuted no manager presentes at the desk.I was getting so stressed and having panic attack without finding a solution I grabbed my passport and boarding pass with just 10kg luggage label and walked to the customer service, explained the situation they called the airline domestic flight help desk to seek for a manager, nothing changed, so I passed immigration and when got to the line a crew staff recognised me and shouted there she is! A male staff promptly was facing me and shouting at me "you! Get out of the queue! You didn't pay! We cancelled your flight! Started to push me, passengers were pushing me and screemed call the police officer( was all I wished) to resolve the situation. I told nobody was allowed to touch
me or push me away. I felt worse than a criminal as I was being treated as such. The time was passing, just few minutes before the airplane departure a gently lady was passing by and asked me what was going all, because at this point I lost control I was crying and shaking, I explained to her, she tried to enquire why they were causing me to much distress and inconvenience and they replied she didn't pay, the emails I've showed to them wasn't satisfying as prove of my luggage allowance, 5 minutes before the departure a man "manager" was in front of me with my luggages he took pictures from my emails and followed me to the airplane, I was feeling so embarrassed, everybody in the cabin were looking at me as I was a criminal. Awful!
Day after I landed in KL, I had headache, fever and day after I spent most of the time at the toilet(diahorrea)
I am having trouble to sleep and have nice rest.
Today I should fly to Denpasar, but I didn't recovered from the stress yet.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Gisele

flexible travel dates policy scam

I booked flights to New York for Christmas via Opodo. I thought I might have to move my flights so I purchased the "Flexible Travel Dates Guarantee" insurance for an additional 46 euros.

It was supposed to be 'easy' but it is in fact impossible, and a scam. They make it seem like you just call up and change, but in fact, you're paying for an insurance policy with a third company.

I called Opodo and they told me that the airline does not accept changes and so I would have to contact the 'insurance company' earefunds.com to rebook my flights. The insurance company, meanwhile, told me that they are an insurance company and cannot book flights and I cannot book my flights until I had a new booking.

I called Opodo back and told them this. They insisted that the insurance company would have to deal with it, even though it is clearly absurd that an insurance company would book the flights.

I asked to speak with a manager and the representative told me that it wouldn't do any good. I insisted and he said the wait would be two hours.

I had to book flights with a different company because of this.

I would like a full refund for the flights and scam insurance policy.

EMAIL FROM INSURANCE

Dear customer,

Since you bought your flight tickets directly through the Opodo website, you will have to contact Opodo again for them to modify your flights.

This is unfortunately not the correct E-mail address. We cannot modify your flight details, which you booked through Opodo.

To see the full conditions of your insurance policy with us, please enter our Eclaims website with your policy number: https://earefund-uk.eclaims.europ-assistance.com

If you need to file a claim please don´t hesitate to contact us here in Europ Assisance.

Kind regards,

Europ Assistance Customer Service

BOOKING REFERENCE [protected]

ticket refund

Hello, am going to sue Opodo if my refund is not paid right now.

I ranged Opodo the morning before my flight departed atall for cancellation and been expecting my airport tax before then because I know my right and was told by my lawyer that my tax would be refunded.
If you want to check them play the recorded conversation on the day of my departure before the flight departure, it was 5.16 and we talked for 38minutes when I told the lady to cancel and refund immediately.
Lastly, if my money is not refunded in 24hours, you will realise the power of a true citizen.

Dopamu Tokunboh
[protected]-Reference

ticket refund

thomas cook airline refund status confirmation for credit card company

I called Opodo customer service to request confirmation that they would refund me for the Thomas Cook Airlines flights booked via them so that I can provide this to my credit card...

ref number. [protected]

This was advertised as premium economy seats. I booked. I received confirmation stating premium economy. I tried to reserve seats on the delta website. This showed I had been booked into economy delight on a virgin flight and NOT. Premium economy. I phoned Delta they confirmed this

I spent well over an hour on the phone to your call centre. The first person I spoke to said I was definitely in premium economy. Another told me that economy delight was premium economy. I asked for my money back as it was stated when I booked. I have still not recieved a refund.

Bart TAYLOR-Harris

Opodo Booking reference number: [protected]

Opodo booking made by Hayley Smith - [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

Booking date: 30/09/2018

Booking details: London SEN to Cagliari, Sardinia - Air Malta Flight QTQNE7 - 26/05/19 return Cagliair to London SEN 02.06/19.

Booking cost £759.05

Flight cancelled by Air Malta

Opodo confirmed cancellation and agreed to make refund 08/05/19 (see attachment)

Opodo stated that refund of £759.05 was made on 08/06/19 to card in name of Mr Richard Comerford card number ending 1823 expiry 05/06/19

The card that the refund was made to was EXPIRED and we didn't receive the refund.

Please see attached email from e-dreams/Opodo customer service asking for bank statements to provde that the refund didn't enter our account. We provided this on the 21/06/19. No response.

We re sent bank statements on 10/08/19. No response.

We re sent bank statements on 21/09/19. No response.

We have made numerous calls to the Opodo customer services team who have not been able to give any answers nor are they able to let us speak to a manager to discuss further. Everytime we speak to them they tell us that they have refunded us and ignore the fact that we are telling them that it has not ever been recieved. The India based customer services team do not have the chance to pass us on to a manager to discuss further.

To say we are frustrated is an understatement. The worst customer support we have ever experienced. This company have had £759.05 of ours for 15 months now and we get no where each time we call.

We will have to take legal action as a next step.

Hayley Smith [protected]

flight details

I had a flight from DPS BALI to PERTH AUSTRALIA and up until I arrived at the airport - it said my flight was on time... it wasn't until I got to the airport where I was advised there WAS NO flight at that time to PERTH. My flight was actually in another 5 HOURS. I received no email - no update, and I wasn't able to check in online with the airlines so I was totally unawares. Thankfully my flight was later, and not earlier or I would have missed it, however I had to sit in an airport for 5 HOURS for a flight when I could have enjoyed my holiday some more first.

scam - overcharged for flights.

I booked return flights out of Belo Horizonte, a city in Brazil, to another city in Brazil. The total charge was £340 for two tickets, I have screen shots to prove this, but when I received the confirmation email it showed that I was being charged £586.
I called customer services to dispute but unfortunately the young guy I spoke to was struggling to understand what the problem was and after I asked to speak to his supervisor/manager he hung up on me, after lots of "uhmmms" and "ahhhhs" - I recorded the call from my end. Just before customer service hung up the phone, I was told I would have to pay additional costs in order to get a full refund.

As far as I am concerned this is fraudulent behaviour, likely down to incompetence in an I.T. error but it was followed up strongly with human error.

I have spent almost 3 hours dealing with this matter and I personally will not be using this company again, regardless of whatever minor savings they might offer over one of their competitors.

complaint : I was told my 'cancel for any reason' insurance was not valid

The issue that I have experienced is that I booked flights from London Heathrow to East London, South Africa in February this year, including 'Cancel for any reason' insurance of £44.00. Total cost of flights £982.06.

In April, the airline, Virgin Atlantic, changed all their flight numbers as part of their new financial year reshuffle (I presume). I was given a new flight number for the outward flight, plus a time change of 5 mins. There were no other changes to the actual flights at all. Everything stayed the same except for the flight number of the outward bound plane.  I received an email asking me to phone Opodo urgently when Virgin Atlantic changed the flight number, which I did.  I was given the new flight number BUT at no time was I advised that the flight change now made my cancellation insurance null and void.  This seems to me to be a very dodgy way of conducting your business.

Today 04/11/2019 I have tried to cancel my flight as my health has deteriorated since February and I have been told that it would be inadvisable for me to fly to South Africa.  I was told I couldn't cancel as there was a change to my flight booking. I was horrified. I originally spoke to Vivek at about 14.45pm.  I asked to speak to a Manager but was put on hold for over 30 minutes. I was eventually put through to Vinku at 15.26pm who told me that as there had been a schedule change the 'cancel for any reason' was no longer valid.  There was absolutely no 'wriggle' room in her script.

I am absolutely stunned by this.  How can something that has nothing to do with me initiating anything, cancel out the insurance with no one drawing my attention to this.  If it had been drawn to my attention I would have paid another £44.00 willingly.  But to leave me, from April to now, thinking that I was still covered is criminal.  I specifically took the 'cancel for any reason' especially as I have fluctuating health problems and this offered me a 'safety net' in case of unexpected cirsumstances.  I don't understand how I can be penalised for a change I had no control over.  It never occured to me that Opodo would class this as a flight change when the difference was a changed flight number and 5 minutes.  I feel that Opodo should have drawn this to my attention when they sent the urgent email asking me to contact them.  This did not happen.

I am so unhappy about this that I am also sending a complaint through Resolver, in association with Money Expert.com.  If no satisfactory response is received I will be contacting the media and review sites about the totally misleading way Opodo is extracting money from its clients without advising them of all circumstances when the insurance won't be paid out.  The phrase 'cancel for any reason' is not the descriptor it seems to be and is exceedingly misleading.  I wonder if anyone ever gets refunded after taking this out.

I would be exceedingly grateful if this could be looked at and the refund that I am entitled to, as sold to me by Opodo originally, be agreed and processed. I look forward to your prompt and positive response on this matter.

booked flights

I booked flights online with Opodo on the 11th August flying on the 13th June 2020 from London Gatwick to Calgary returning from Vancouver to Gatwick on the 27th June 2020
Which I paid in full. Then the 24th October I received an E-Mail from Opodo saying there had been a modification of an airline change and to contact them which I did, after numerous phone calls they told me they would send an email to Air Transit Canada for alternative flights and I would hear within 48 hours to which I have not heard nothing back & after numerous telephone calls I am still none the wiser can someone please help me resolve this. Email Address is noreen.[protected]@sky.com

flight cancellation

I purchased a flight with Opodo with the cancel for any reason guarantee which cost an additional 18 euros per person. When I did try to cancel I was waiting on the phone for hours at a time and no one called me back. In the meanwhile the flight company, Thomas Cook went into administration and i lost all my money. I want Opodo to honour the service I paid for and refund the money. Seeing as I can only get a percentage of the flight money back and taking into consideration the 36 euro I paid for the guarantee, this will actually be a very small amount for Opodo (less than 250 euro) but a lot for me

online flight booking

So I've purchased "flexible dates" product from Opodo. Here's some proof (it's a translation to English from Deutsch).

Here is a page that describes the 'Flexible Reisedaten' product and how to avail.

Despite paying for this service, there is no option online to make this change. The only way to make a change according to Opodo is to call their Indian 'bodyshops' which only train their agents in scamming and legally upholding their scams. I have been on call with these guys over the last 4 days and they refuse to acknowledge my Order (I have a valid booking number).

My issue, despite the purchase and the invoice, these customer service thugs, consistently deny that I have purchased any flexible ticket. Refuse to acknowledge my invoice and quite frankly only know how to talk points from a script without the ability to 'listen' to a customer.

So I paid but will be unable to change my tickets, each day I delay in getting this resolved, the flights get more expensive. I need to get in touch with Customer Support but there seems to be no functionality to. Denying a customer service when they paid for a product in 2019 is just disgusting!

online flight booking

flight no: usw8s9 ba 2292

I booked a flight to malaga with opodo. My flight came with a free 23kg baggage. I rang opodo and spoke to one of their colleagues who confirmed that my flight did come with a free 23kg bag. She stated this twice to me over the phone.
I did not think anymore about this until my return to london on the 5th
october 2019. As i checked in my 23kg bag i was informed that i did not have any baggage booked on my ticket!!
i reluctantly paid 150.00 euros in order to enable my luggage to go in the hold.
I was devastated, especially after opodo confirmed that i had a free 23kg bag.

As soon as i came back i submitted a complaints form to ba, im yet to recieve a response, i then called opodo, in order for them to trace the recording of their staff confirming the free luggage.

I called yesterday and it was verified by one of opodos colleagues that it was an error by their staff, which i paid 150 euros for, when it was an error on opodos behalf.

I therefore request a full refund of the costs incurred to me.
Thank you.

Regards
bina devi jeetoo

poor customer service, no help

I tried to change the date of my flight which I booked with Opodo. For 9 days I contacted Opodo every day, via phone and Facebook. Every day I spent around 2-3 h waiting for someone to help. I was promised that Opodo will contact me within 72 h, then 48 h, then 24 h. I was promised the airline will contact me within 2 days. I was charged for flight change 3 times. I spoke to around 12 different customer agents. I spoke to supervisor, then to manager. I was ignored many times, and agents hung off when i was waiting for reply. I was advised to contact the airline, though Opodo was my travel agent. And all nothing. Opodo was not able to change the date of flight for 9 days. At the end I made one more effort and contacted the airline, only to learn that Opodo never contacted them regards my flight change. I feel disgusted by this practice, especially that I didn't expect this service to be free, and I wanted pay for it. My flight was never changed just because ... i wish to know the answer. Never will book with Opodo again, I don't event want to remember this name.

customer service for flight booking/cancellation/change of date

554382 We called several times the international hotline and talked to many different people who were REALLY hard to understand due to hteir accent and the line. We spent a massive...

refundable flight ticket

I bought a flight ticket from Opodo in May 2019 heading from Cairo to London and back on the 4th of july with booking number [protected] This was a refundable ticket, it was expensive because it guarantees a 80% money refund under any reason in case I cancelled the ticket at least 24 hours before the flight.
Unfortunately, I got rejected from the British embassy and I couldn't have my visa, I contacted the customer service for a full refund as it's a visa issue and they asked for the refusal documents which I sent immediately and they replied with an email that after contacting the British airways, I'm eligible of a refund. And that I just have to call them to confirm the way of refund. This email is dated June 17th, 2019.
Prior to the flight with more than 48 hours, I called Opodo and I got into a one hour and a half talk with an agent that asked for every single document that confirm my visa refusal and I provided them immediately, he sent me an email confirming that the ticket is successfully cancelled and another one stated my refund amount and that it shall appear in my account within 30 to 90 days. This was on July 2nd, 2019.
Through these 90 days, I contacted the customer service several times to check there's no problem in the process, I even called them and they told me there are no problems, I just need to wait. It happened I also sent an email and Opodo replied that I just need to wait for the 90 days. This email was dated September 19th, 2019.
After the 90 days passed, I contacted another agent from the customer service who arranged a call with Opodo customer service, and the agent who called me started everything from the beginning, He told me nobody did anything and that he needs the visa refusal documents. I provided him everything from the beginning when he suddenly told me" Ma'am you'll not have any refund, the documents are not enough". I tried telling him that my ticket is refundable anyways and that I have a confirmation email of the amount of refund I shall receive but he was very rude and told me you'll receive nothing. This was on October 3rd, 2019.
Then I asked him that I need to escalate my case, So he put me on hold and came back with an offer than he will only refund less than 80% from the ticket. Desperately, and after he told me that I cannot have the full refund, I agreed. He confirmed with me that he processed the refund and that I will find the money in my account within 10 working days and sent me an email from Opodo with the same content. And He added that I should not call again.
Another 10 days passed, nothing happened. So I tried contacting the customer service through the messenger again, the agent was so surprised and told me that the refund was never processed. I asked him what I should do, he told me I arranged a call for you with top priority, they will come back to you within 48 hours. And as usual, 48 hours passed and no one called.
I have all the supporting documents

refund

Dear all,

I contacted you 3 times already but no resolution.

Shortly, on August 29th, I tried several times on your website www.opodo.ro to buy some Wizzair plane tickets Bucharest to Lisbon and back but I received an error every time and not even once any request of 3D Secure code. Because it was our honeymoon and there were 2 days until the wedding, the wedding being August 31st, we went to a physical agency, Gotravel, and bought the tickets. During the day of August 29th, I noticed that the amount of a payment to Opodo was missing from my account (booking reference: [protected]), which meant that we had two sets of identical tickets, the same airline - WizzAir, the same destination, the same hours, the same people.
I also contacted Wizzair 3 times and they said by phone that they have returned the entire amount to you. I also submitted 3 written complaints to wizzair but no answer yet.

So, please, help me with the money, € 768.31, back to the following account: RO11 RZBR [protected].

Much appreciated,
Violeta Marilena Sasu (ex Matei)
+[protected]

opodo - thomas cook

We booked Thomas Cook flights via Opodo and are still waiting for Opodo to provide us with an update and guidance on what we can do and what our rights are due to Thomas Cook becoming bankrupt 4 weeks ago. We can't get an response from Opodo and despite calling and live chatting with Opodo most days we don't have an answer. It is a very stressful and unsetting situation and would like our money returned as soon as possible and a response from this terrible company.

AnastasiaCam Nov 08, 2019

I am in the same situation and am currently out of pocket £2115 after Opodo are refusing to refund my two flights to Cape Town. Please give me any advice you can.

change of tickets without proper explanation or refunding difference

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Travel Agents

The issue that I have experienced was: Hi there,

I paid £2, 640.81 for 2 return tickets to Tokyo departing 22nd sept 2019.
These tickets were for:
First leg - premium economy to Beijing
Second leg - economy to Tokyo
And return flight of:
First leg - economy to Beijing
Second leg - premium economy to London.
When we boarded this flight, we found that our seats were intact ECONOMY CLASS for our first leg.
My worry now is that our return flight to London will be in ECONOMY class also.
I specifically paid a higher price for our flights to Tokyo as it is our honeymoon.
I got emails from opodo before telling me my class has now changed to Economy but when I phoned up to complain, they assured me that it remained the same and that I would be travelling premium economy on the long haul flights.
On top of this, due to late take off from our first leg - we had to run to our transfer flight and when we reached Tokyo, we were told that my husband's luggage did not make the connection flight and he would not be getting his luggage for at least 2-3 days.
I dread to think what class we will be sitting in on the way back.

It occurred on: 22/09/2019

This has not only meant that I had paid over £1, 200 each for a class that I was not intending to sit in, my husband is now currently without his suitcase.
Paying over the odds for flight tickets and having changes to my class without any form of refund or options to amend bookings is unacceptable. I was lied to when I phoned up opodo - they assured me that my flight was not changed and i would still be sitting in premium economy on my long haul despite receiving emails about change of class. It has undoubtedly had a negative effect on our honeymoon, our finances, comfort and our travels.

I would first like Opodo to confirm what exactly has happened and why we were assured on the phone that everything was in order when infact it isnt the case.
I would like a refund on the difference between economy and premium economy and be upgraded for my return flight.
I would also like to seek compensation for the luggage error from our connection flight due to their delay.

I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply to this email address.

Yours faithfully,

Chau Tue Tran

Booking Reference [protected]
Airline reference MESDYW
Passengers Chau-Tue Tran, Jimmy Yuen Diep

incessant emails about making reservations already confirmed

Dear Sirs,

We made reservations with Opodo for two persons for a flight with Transavia Airlines Flight HV5801 from Amsterdam to Tel-Aviv on We 2/10/19, with seat reservations (6D and 6E). Although this reservation was conformed by Opodo on 18/09/19 — Opodo reservation nr [protected]; air line reference GYMZ7T), including the seat assignments (seats 6D and 6E) and the two extra hold suitcases, they kept bothering us during the following days with almost daily superfluous E-mails asking us to reserve seats and/or extra suitcases.
Either Opodo ignore the reservations they themselves made, or they don't mind sending bothersome E-mails messages; in both cases there is room for correction of their routines. In addition, it turned out that they cannot be contacted by E-mail or chat except through facebook.

Yousr sincerely,

Hanan Kisch

flights

I booked a flight with Opodo to India (travelling with Emirates) and travelled on the 26/08/2019. Booking everything went fine until I got to the airport and it transpired that Opodo had provided incorrect information about luggage weights for Emirates. I was 3kg over the allocated weight for cabin luggage and so they charged me an extortionate fee. Emirates asked me to provide evidence that I had been informed of the wrong details. When I did they then promptly ignored it and said I needed to take it up with the agent Opodo. I did via Opodo's complaint system and more than a month later have yet to be contacted in any way by Opodo. This is extremely bad customer service by Opodo, both before and after travel. I won't be booking through them again and advise others to avoid them as well.

-- update --
The day I wrote this review on Trustpilot Opodo suddenly contacted me. Denied all knowledge of my complaint that had been made via the system they direct you too. Asked me to furnish all the details again, along with evidence on their site of the false information that I had been provided with. I compiled by pointing out two webpages on their site that had false information and then (same story as Emirates) they ignored the evidence and told me that I had looked at the wrong webpage on their site - apparently one correct webpage cancels out two webpages with completely incorrect information.

cancelled flight - no reimbursement of payment made.

Ryanair Flt B5GZ3D Eindhoven to Faro is cancelled because of strike action by crew, as the booking was made through Opodo I must ask for my reinbursement through Opodo. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to ask for a refund via mail, text and telephone with no reply or acknowlegement.
My Booking Ref is: [protected].
This is not acceptable Customer Service!

price changed without advanced advice

I got a very bad experience that according to the T&C, 2.4 of Opodo I shall be advised of fee before I confirm my booking. However, I have never seen a list of cost fee, when I book from online, I only know it should be only 427 pounds and I do not choose any additional cost services but the system never shows me it is changed to 448.31 pounds except knowing that from the email confirmation. I feel I was cheated. I try to chat from online with Opodo, but I wasted more than 4 hours to hear a human answer, but never sucessful. Every time only the robot repeats the similar answers and askes me to refill some forms.

flight reservation

I was travelling to Brussels from Rome on September 21. I had a booking with Brussels airlines at 10.15 but because of problems on the road I realised I was going to miss that flight. I therefore tried to book a ticket with Alitalia at 15.15 through your website at 8.30. At 8.45 an e-mail says the request is being processed. It says this will only take a few minutes. At 9.30 another e-mail says to don't miss out and complete my booking. I wait and check my reservation status: no information. At 10.30 I arrive at the airport and go to the Alitalia desk to ask if I am booked on the flight. They say no, so I have to book a new ticket from them. At 11.20 I receive an e-mail from you saying that my booking is confirmed! However it's too late as I already bought my ticket and checked in my luggage. Therefore I ask to be reimbursed for the ticket you have debited me for. Best regards Stina Sandgren

• Updated by stina sandgren · Oct 06, 2019

lousy treatment of my reservation forced me to make a new booking and i was charged twice!