Menu
Write a review File a complaint
Opodo Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Opodo
Reviews and Complaints

Opodo's customer service contact info has been verified by the ComplaintsBoard team. We made sure it's all legit and accurate, so you can trust it! 👌

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 1 Review 594 Complaints
Claimed
Opodo has claimed their business profile
Write a review File a complaint

Opodo Reviews 595

C
8:15 am EST

Opodo Just not contactable - Opodo - worst travel website

I booked DXB MUM and have flight early morning tomorrow. The Airline reference number provided by Opodo is not valid on SpiceJet airline website. They book using group deals and donot share proper PNR details. This will surely create problem for check in at the airport. Opodo chat is useless and the contact numbers provided are wrong. There is no way to contact Opodo for help.

Recommendation: Please avoid using Opodo in quest of low airfare.

Opodo Complaints 594

12:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Opodo team, As per our two lengthy conversations with Aryn and then the supervisor Heena (totaling about 1 hour - you have everything recorded): I kindly request formally again as advised by the above people: 1) a full refund of the annual Opodo Prime Plus subscription of £89.99 (see the screenshot of proof of your misleading marketing still being...

R
7:57 am EDT

Opodo flight booked

hi my reservation number is [protected].

I had booked and paid for this ticket which includes premium tickets from Frankfirt to Johannesburg and also johannesburg back to frankfurt.

When i get my lufthansa ticket it only says premium economy back to frankfurt from johannesburg.

Guys at customer service say soory this was a spelling mistake on the frankfurk to johannesburg and it really is economy. but this is not what i booked and i have been charged a lot of money to fly now to south africa. My confirmation email from opodo clearly tells me frankfurt to johannesburg is premium economy, being told its a spelling mistake is really an easy way out.

Claimed loss: yes the 990 euros lufthansa are charing me to fly premium economy.

Desired outcome: give me my money back please differance between premium economy and economy

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Opodo representatives only. If you are affiliated with Opodo, please claim your business to access these details.

D
9:34 am EDT
Verified customer The reviewer confirmed their account using X. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Complaint Team, This is a firm complaint and I'm demanding this is acted upon today, otherwise, I will escalate it to the Ombudsman and other relevant parties including fraud teams. On Thursday 30th May 2024, I successfully booked the said flight and made full payment from my credit card. Hours later, an email reached me to say the first part of...

E
11:00 am EDT

Opodo Prime subscription

In May 2022 I took out Opodo's fee one year trial which ended in May 2023. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to cancel the auto-renew subscription so I was charged £69.99 for the year 23/24 which is my fault. As soon as I realised, I cancelled the subscription and received an email dated 1st June 2023 to say the account had been deactivated. Imagine my shock when they took another £69.99 on 27th May 2024 for the year 24/25! A year after I cancelled the subscription! The company are not interested in my complaint and keep telling me they cannot issue me a refund. Absolutely dreadful way to run a company.

Desired outcome: Refund

D
11:50 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Need information about a transaction April 26, 2024 on my visa 4500... 9026 in the amount of 89.99 euro from Opodo-Barcelona. Need complete details before I cancelled that transaction, what is was for, who order that transaction (I believe you have the email address or the name of the person who contacted you to complete that transaction) My email adre...

S
8:31 am EDT

Opodo membership billing

Hi

On March 28th I was billed £59.99 for some opodo membership. I believe I was billed last year as well. I have never used this service, have no recollection of signing up to it and have no need for it. I saw it last year, but cold not find who/ what the money was taken from and stopped searching and then missed it in my admin.

I should never have been billed and request a refund. I have never used or wanted this service.

Please contact me,

Sarah Scholes

[protected]

Desired outcome: Refund £59.99 two years

X
7:37 am EDT

Opodo Opodo Prime

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've signed in my Opodo account to book a flight in 3rd Mar 2024, I was offered 'Free Prime Trial' thus have got discount a little more than £2 compare to other website, even though Opodo website claiming the discount was more than £62.

However, I got email in 4th Mar, claiming I've had used Opodo free prime trial before, thus I'm not qualified for its free trial anymore, so I've been charged for £69.99 for the Prime service, the price has been reduced to £44.99 after my complaint to the agent in Opodo.

This is completely ridiculous and I believe it's a cheating on Opodo side, since I've logged in with my email, at least it's proving the design fault in Opodo website.

I want my Opodo Prime account be cancelled and get total refund.

Kind regards,

Xidong

Claimed loss: £44.99

Desired outcome: Total refund

P
7:26 am EDT

Opodo Unauthorised charges

I want to complain about Opodo - they have charged me for a membership that I do not want or need, and are now saying that I should have cancelled the membership before the renewal date, and not on the renewal date and I cannot get a refund. The email does not detail this and in fact states that 'Your paid membership will start on 03-04-2024 at £ 59.99/year. Cancel anytime online or call [protected]. You can only ever have one Prime free trial.'

It does not state that they will deduct on the date of renewal and you cannot get a refund. When I called they offered me a £90 voucher for a flight, which I do not want or need, I just want the £59.99 refunded.

Claimed loss: 59.99

Desired outcome: Refund of the subscription costs that I did not ask for or want

Update by Penny Per
Apr 03, 2024 7:31 am EDT

Booked a flight through them, not realising that they are a broker - I thought it was like a Skyscanner or Trivago type booking. Then received an email to say they have deducted £59.99 for a year's subscription, and when I called, they said it was in their terms and conditions that they do not do refunds!

Shocking - will never use them again, and find their business model underhand and pretty poor service.

Avoid at all costs!

W
4:32 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 27/02/2023 I bought flights and rented a car using Opodo Prime free trial membership to get a deal. On 28/03/2023 the trial translated full Opodo Prime membership with the subscription fee. Today 28/03/2024 the £69.99 fee was taken from my account by Opodo for Prime and I received an email about auto-renewal. I called and was told a full refund wa...

Read full review of Opodo and 1 comment
M
4:53 am EDT

Opodo Opodo membership

I have been charged twice for the service, once from my Westpac Account, and again from UK Santander Account (see attached images). This abuse needs to be stamped out. I want my membership terminated refunded to both accounts. The service provided has inflated prices that do not reflect reality. There is no email or contact details other than from the UK. When you are overseas this does not help. THIS IS FRAUD!

Claimed loss: 2 * £ 59.99 fee charged.

Desired outcome: £500 compensation added to 2 * £ 59.99 fee charged. So a total refund of £619.98.

N
7:30 am EDT

Opodo Refund

I booked a flight from Detroit to Faro. The flight had to be cancelled due to medical reasons. I paid the cancellation fee and have yet to receive my refund from you. This has been ongoing now for 6 weeks and the agent I am dealing with keeps giving weak excuses. He in my view is unreliable and if this is not resolved at the soonest opportunity I will take action to resolve this issue and go to the ombudsman. I will also put reviews on as many websites as possible. Expedia, trip adviser etc.

12 feb 24 - Detroit - Faro

3 mar 24 faro - detroit

Claimed loss: £840

Desired outcome: Pay me the money and discipline the agent

M
1:33 pm EDT

Opodo Paid for flexible tickets which included baggage and don't have baggage

Purchased flexible tickets on Opodo website which included baggage, Opodo confirmed the booking, but eastern airways are saying there is no baggage on this ticket when it is only a value ticket. I know I have paid for this ticket which included baggage, but between Opodo and eastern airways I'm not getting anywhere as they are both saying the opposite to each other an I am stuck in the middle with no baggage for my flight which I have had confirmation of from opodo.

Desired outcome: To have my baggage put on my ticket as I have paid for, but eastern airways are saying there's no baggage included, Opodo are saying it's already booked and confirmed.

T
11:29 am EDT

Opodo Credit card charge I am not in agreement with

On 16.12.2023 I purchased a ticket online in Switzerland for a flight PPN (Proserpine) to BNE (Brisbane) in Australia for 18.01.24. The cost was CHF 189.30, including seat and luggage extra fees. It is booked on my credit card as 'Opodo, Barcelona'

On 15.01.2024, I have a charge from 'Opodo Prime, BCN' for CHF 79.90. I made no further purchase with Opodo and therefore wish to see what I am charged for. I requested a receipt over the App and received nothing.

I did get the booking reminder per email on 15.01.24 and set up the App to check all details. I do not recall making any purchase on this date.

I would like proof on what this CHF 79.90 charge is on my credit card - an invoice copy or receipt. I believe it is an incorrect charge.

Claimed loss: CHF 79.90 charged on my credit card on 15.01.2024

Desired outcome: Refund on whatever this charge is that I am in disagreement with.

C
10:12 am EST

Opodo Flight + rentrooms

My name is Frederick Egyir-Croffet living in Bern, Switzerland. I was helping a friend Mr. Samuel Gyau to pay a fare and hotel to Thessaloniki, Greece through Opodo. I followed the payment procedure till everything went through but on the screen it was said the transactiion has not gone through. I was however astonished to find out that on 06.02.2024 CHF 502.18 for Opodo Barcelona and on 07.02.2024 CHF 93.68 has been charged on my Mastercard for the transaction which your site said has not gone through. Please do well to refund the said amounts to the account of the Mastercard.

Frederick Egyir-Croffet

[protected]@hotmail.com

7:17 am EST

Opodo Why my case is not dealt with. Ref [protected]

I bought an extra baggage and there was a confusion with KLM and wanted a proper invoice as exactly how it appeared when doing my purchase so I can send it to KLM as evidence! Sent you full email and the response is abysmal and I need you to deal with and stop stressing me! Your phone number +[protected] don’t work neither so give me the right number to call!

J
1:50 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

"Policy number: [protected] (opodo prime booking number) Date of return trip - 01 March 2024 Etihad ticket booking reference - N85I75 Name of ticketholder - Janaki Karuppaiah(Myself) I had booked online a round trip with the promise of an insurance, flexible travel dates service and cancellation with no reason all at extra cost. I bought these service...

J
1:57 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, on 1st August 2023, I booked a return trip ticket to Abuja for Sunday 3rd September 2023 to return on 1st October 2023. I paid a total of £909.05 for the flights and insurance (medical + cancellation). The particulars of the booking are: Booking ID: [protected] Airline Booking Reference: R4GXUO Insurance Policy No: CNXAST158 (Policy No...

G
7:00 am EST
Verified customer The reviewer confirmed their account using Facebook. Learn more

Opodo Cost of flight cancellation

On 23rd January I booked two retuning flights from Newquay to London Gatwick at a cost of £366. The flights I booked were Super Flex which included luggage and change or cancel for any reason.

On looking on the airline website (Eastern Airways) it showed that I had a booking for a Value ticket without luggage. The airline would allme to add 15k of luggage at a cost of £30 per bag per journey. I needed 23kg of luggage per person and was unable to add that as it was a value ticket.

I would not have purchased a value ticket for that very reason.

As the flights are of no use to us I telephoned Opodo customer services to cancel them believing I was entitled to an 80% refund because of the extra insurance I had paid Opodo for only to be told I will only receive £133 refund.

I am absolutely disgusted at this as the ticket I had booked was not what was advertised.

gillian.[protected]@talktalk.net

2:27 pm EST

Opodo refund of money

dear sir,i have been booking a flights for london to barcelona and booking id.[protected] and i have been cancell my flight in august but i am still waiting my refund,a lot of times i have been contacted by phone but they dont gave me a good respond to me so please help me in this issue thanks.i am very greatful to you.my email address is;[protected]@gmail.com.

G
8:59 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Cancelled flight Ref [protected] I booked a return flight from Heathrow to Alta ( Norway) on 23/12/23 Flight SK804 to 28/12/23 SK4545, However the flight times were changed on the SK804 flight so I spoke to one of your advisers and the booked a new flight for me. When I went to book in my details/seats it was still showing the old flight details. I tried...

Overview of Opodo complaint handling

Opodo reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 31, 2011. The latest review Opodo prime subscription misleading info - cancellation and 100% of £89.99 refund task was posted on Jul 2, 2024. The latest complaint ticket refund was resolved on Jun 10, 2018. Opodo has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 595 reviews. Opodo has resolved 54 complaints.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service
  1. Opodo Contacts

2. Opodo phone numbers
    +44 800 368 3866
    +44 800 368 3866
    Click up if you have successfully reached Opodo by calling +44 800 368 3866 phone number 382 382 users reported that they have successfully reached Opodo by calling +44 800 368 3866 phone number Click down if you have unsuccessfully reached Opodo by calling +44 800 368 3866 phone number 620 620 users reported that they have UNsuccessfully reached Opodo by calling +44 800 368 3866 phone number
  3. Opodo emails
  4. Opodo address
    26 - 28 Hammersmith Grove, London, W67BA, United Kingdom
  5. Opodo social media
  6. Rachel
    Checked and verified by Rachel This contact information is personally checked and verified by the ComplaintsBoard representative. Learn more
    Jul 03, 2024

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone