Getaroom company logo

Getaroom
reviews & complaints
Getaroom
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

334 complaints
271 resolved 63 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Getaroom customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Getaroom reviews & complaints

Getaroom complaints 334

Getaroom - Reservation

R3068041421.
I thought I was booking directly with the hotel site. This was not the case. Tried to cancel the room after 10 minutes of booking. Spoke with a live agent stated I would be fully charged for the reservation that I was charged an extra $50 for. Therefore, a room that should have cost me $212 was now $272. When I submitted for booking the extra fees were added after I confirmed the reservation.

Desired outcome: Credit of $50 for overcharging me or refund of room

Getaroom - Misrepresentation of hotel website by Get A Room

On 11/29/21, confirmed at 3:29 p.m., I made a reservation to the hotel I believed to be Sonesta Simply Suites, Nanuet NY 10954 and it turned out to be a third party, you, Getaroom.com. I made reservation #R29740211895. Immediately upon receiving an email confirmation of this reservation with a total charge of $583.78, I called to cancel the reservation and was told it was non-refundable. The representative on the line told me that according to the hotel's cancellation policy, the charge of $583.78 was non-refundable. I was livid. I immediately called American Express and opened a fraudulent case. I received a confirmation from who I thought would be Sonesta Simply Suites Nanuet it was from HOTELVALUES.COM. The reservation confirmation email has a section that is bold which states Cancellation Policy. Under this section, it states that the reservation is subject to the HOTEL'S cancellation policy which is: The reservation is non-refundable. There is no refund for no-shows or early checkouts. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FRAUDULENT. THE HOTEL HAS A CANCELLATION POLICY OF CANCELLATION WITH NO PENALTY UP UNTIL THE DAY OF THE RESERVATION. This was confirmed by talking with the Sonesta Suites staff at the Nanuet location on 11/29/21 at 4:10 p.m. Your organization is a total fraud and scam. I cancelled this reservation within minutes of making it, and was told that there was no recourse to the fraudulent charge. This is shameful. I will be reporting this to the New York State Attorney General's Office if I do not receive a full credit. Martha

Desired outcome: Full Refund

Hello Getaroom - my credit card company/financial institution today told me that they have removed the dispute from my card and that any further discussion should occur with Getaroom. As a result, I am again requesting a full refund from Get A Room.com.

Thank you.

UPDATE: The reservation confirmation number is R2974021895. Thank you, Martha

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Getaroom - No refund for accidental booking of the wrong date

On the evening of 12/31/21 my wife was attempting to book rooms for our family to go to West Yellowstone, MT for the weekend of 1/15/22. She began the booking on the Holiday Inn website, and somehow...

Getaroom - Refund not received

Re. Cancellation No. R3045699682

I am awaiting a refund for the above cancellation, which I have been told has already been processed. No it has not and I have yet to see the return of money to my account.
I was booking a room at Holiday Inn Express Bristol in the UK, so why on earth did the booking go through Getaroom?
Also, your price was over £60 more than the hotel actually charges.
I would like to see that refund within 24 hours or I shall take my complaint to a higher authority.

Desired outcome: Full refund within 24 hours

RE. Reservation Cancellation #R3045699682

I have just been to my bank and they have advised me that the money has NOT been refunded and is still in your account. Their Fraud Department has now been contacted to resolve this shocking matter.

Do NOT book a room with GetaRoom! You have been warned.

I have still not received a refund as promised and am hugely disappointed that you continue to hold onto my money. The next step would be for me to contact my solicitor and take you to court for non-payment.

Getaroom - Refund because of covid

Good afternoon To whom it may concern. I had a reservation at the Tru hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I had to cancel my reservation due to my daughter getting covid. We were schedule to check in on December 31, 2021. We cancelled on December 30, 2021 because we just found out she was positive on that date. We were only refunded part of our money because it passed the time for cancellation and was told that we have to get proof of a positive covid test to get the balance of our money back. My name is Kia Walker and my daughter's name is Tea Walker-Bernard. Our reservation number was R2913122700. Please let me know if there is any other information needed to receive the balance of my refund back. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Desired outcome: Refund of my balance.

S

Getaroom - Hotel booking site scam

I looked up a hotel name on Google and booked the hotel through what was made to look like the official hotel website:

I was quoted 32 dollar per night and given a total of 90 dollar. I booked and only after my credit card had been charged with $ 152.06, i received an invoice, charging $ 60 in additional service and reservation fees on top of the $ 90 hotel fee.
I asked for a refund but didn't receive any answer.

C
Dec 29, 2021
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Getaroom - So basically it is fully refundable if you cancel before you actually purchase it. IF THAT IS NOT A SCAM I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS.

I booked a reservation on what I thought was the hotels own website but in fact was being used by Getaroom.com

I attempted to change my reservation date within 8 hours of me actually booking. They refused to move my date and continued to offer a cancellation but they would keep the entire $280 balance.

Here is what the cancellation policy stated."Each room in this reservation is subject to the hotel's cancellation policy which is: Cancellations before 12/28/2021, 11:59 PM (America/New York) are fully refundable."

I did not even book the room until the 29th. So basically it is fully refundable if you cancel before you actually purchase it. IF THAT IS NOT A SCAM I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS.

Hyatt Regency Atlanta Downtown
265 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30303

Confirmation number
R3033140126

Desired outcome: Refund/ Change my reservation date

K

Getaroom - room charge

Please don't fall for their advertising of cheap rooms, we were charged $42.00 over what the hotel would have charged us! Especially when we thought we were in contact with the hotel. VERY dissatisfied.
Date was [protected] Holiday Inn Express Airport Tuscon AZ
Confirmation # R2974133208
Booking Reference #[protected]
The extra $42.00 is listed as taxes, that is a lie!

Desired outcome: refund of the $42.00

Dec 20, 2021

Getaroom - Bait & Switch

Stay far away from this scam. First and foremost, they made their site appear to look like the real Hyatt website. I was inputting my credit card information when I realized something didn't look legit. When I x'ed out of the payment screen it didn't actually close the transaction. Instead, it submitted the payment and charged my card. I immediately cancelled the transaction and filed a dispute. Since the site has a no cancellation policy, I'm out almost $1, 700.00 for a reservation I never used. Happy Birthday to me!

Desired outcome: I want a refund!

Getaroom - Registration

I was attempting to reserve a room at a Hampton Inn in Tucson AZ. I believed I was on the Hampton website, so I clicked "confirm." To my amazement, the next screen was from Getaroom showing a charge 45% more than the price I saw on what I thought was the Hampton website.

An immediate call to the customer service number to cancel the reservation yielded only someone with a heavy accent reading the cancellation policy, which in short is, "you've been had, " the "policy" does not allow cancellations.

Attempts to cancel this charge with Costco Visa have not yet resolved the situation, apparently, GetaRoom gets their request for funds to Visa immediately. So Costco is complicit in this - a huge disappointment from one of my favorite businesses.

Hampton would not help either. I frequented them extensively while employed. Since retirement, I don't travel as much but still try to find them when I can. Another huge disappointment from a favorite business.

The travel business is out to get you, a lesson learned painfully today.

Desired outcome: Cancellation and refund

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Getaroom - Reservation confirmation R2939877245, Kahler Inn & Suites, Rochester, MN

On November 13, 2021, I made a reservation for the period of November 16 to November 27, 2021at the Kahler Inn & Suites in Rochester, MN. The total cost for this reservation was charged to my...

E
Dec 13, 2021

Getaroom - Hotel room

Booked a room with a jacuzzi suite in the picture that said book now. Once arrived on the days inn property they said that's not the room. So I paid 100$ extra to get in that room. Get a room gave 20% discount Once we complained but that sorry 20$ didn't account for the black mold we had in the bathroom. Took pictures. Terrible experience will never use site again

Desired outcome: Refund the original cost

J
Dec 10, 2021

Getaroom - Fraudulent Hotel Booking

On 12/8/21, I attempted to book a room at the Inn at Longwood Medical in Boston MA for that evening as my wife and I rushed into the hospital.  When I searched for their contact the top link appeared to be their direct site, so I called that number.  (Note the site misrepresented their URL showing the Inn at Longwood's address.  When a representative picked up the phone I asked them to confirm that I had reached The Inn at Longwood Medical, which they said they did.  I explained that I was going in for a medical procedure and requested their normal patient rate.  I was told they only had limited rooms available and pressured to book now or I would not get a room.  When I inquired that the rate was over $100 more than I was told the extra was due to taxes and limited availability and I needed to book now or would not have a room.  So, we booked the room in good faith that the agent was no misrepresenting themselves.  Immediately after calling I felt suspicious and searched for another number to call the hotel directly.  When I reached the hotel, they confirmed they had plenty of availability, were not overcharging patients and that I hadn't spoken to them.  I immediately called GetARoom.com back to cancel my booking and they told me that they would happily cancel but the hotel wouldn't allow it.  I called the hotel back who confirmed they had no such no-cancellation policy and would cancel the reservation but GetARoom needed to contact them.  When I called GetARoom back and spoke to a manager they confirmed agents are not supposed to misrepresent themselves, but still refused to cancel stating it was the hotels fault.  My reservation number was #R2994189882.  To me, this is clearly a scam and I don't understand how they are allowed to misrepresent themselves on Google and over the phone.  This seems like clear fraud and price gouging targeting patients needing critical care.

J
Dec 14, 2021

Thank you for working with us to resolve this situation.

Getaroom - Unethical behavior

Late on December 7, 2021 I made a reservation to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Lexington Kentucky. In my defense, it was the last reservation I'd made in a long day of planning to go attend to my brother who'd been moved to hospice care that day. I do not believe I was cognizant that I was booking with a business other than the hotel itself.

It was very shortly after I paid the price of the booking that I realized that I'd booked the hotel to arrive on Wednesday, Dec. 8 rather than Thursday, Dec. 9. I immediately began trying to figure out how to get the dates changed but ran into roadblocks at every turn. There seem to be no exceptions to their rules about no changes, despite the fact that errors are made by everyone every day.

I tried contacting the hotel itself to no avail. Their computer prompts led me back to customer service at Getaroom.

Desired outcome: I want a full refund of one days' charge for this hotel of $105.87 plus applicable taxes and fees.

Dec 08, 2021

see above

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Getaroom - Booking hotel in wrong city and state, refused to change or retract charges

We worked with Getaroom to book a hotel in LaGrange, Kentucky. They ended up booking the hotel in LaGrange, Georgia and refused to reverse the charge or change the booking. We were talking directly to one of their customer service representatives. The booking took place at about 3:00PM. We attempted to immediately change or reverse the charge at about 3:30PM. However, they refused saying the the hotel's cancellation time was passed. We contacted the hotel directly and they stated that their cancellation deadline was 6:00pm, not 3:30pm. So, Getaroom lied. Also, Getaroom added an exorbitant amount of fees in the process. This company is NOT honest, has no morals and is not customer focused. The sooner they are out of business the better for everyone.

Getaroom - Unauthorized credit card charges/unethical behavior

We have booked directly with Hampton Inn Tucson Airport for years without incident and are always able to cancel a reservation with charges fully refunded. We read thoroughly and understand the term...

B
Nov 26, 2021

Getaroom - Hotel reservation

We booked a room at the Ramada in Sioux Falls through getaroom.com. Within an hour of making the reservation, my wife realized we needed a second bed, so called the hotel to amend the reservation, and was directed back to getaroom.com. After calling getaroom.com to change the reservation, we were told to cancel and rebook. After canceling, we found out the could not book another room and refused to refund the canceled room. After speaking to customer service and getting a very scripted runaround, my wife specifically asked the rep if their site was a scam, and the rep wouldn't answer. We are having to go through our bank to get a refund because getaroom.com is a scam!

Getaroom - Hotel reservation never reimbursed by get a room $492 owed

I have contacted get a room by phone/email for a reimbursement of $492 for a room I had to check out of in NJ, in July 21 due to dangerous situation with the use of drugs by hotel guests partying and making noise all night. After 1 night I checked out of the hotel because it wasn't safe was afraid of what could happen to my son and I we remained.

Desired outcome: Reimbursement of unused nights $492

Update by ElizabethAMik
Nov 22, 2021

Please see the attached documentation. I have sent many emails since this summer requesting reimbursement for a hotel room never used besides one night. I had 2 reservations at the Days Inn in New Jersey in July. I had purchased the flight after the hotel reservation and needed one extra night since we arrived one day earlier. After a scary experience where hotel guests were up all night doing drugs and partying, I felt unsafe and afraid to remain at the hotel and found alternative hotel accommodations. I notified the front desk and the customer representative told me it was ok to leave and she gave me a receipt for zero $ owed. I immediately contacted get a room was on the phone with them for over 30 minutes while they tried to contact a 3 rd party agency for the reimbursement. They told me they would call the Days Inn to verify but the customer service rep at the Days Inn told me didn’t receive the call. She gave me permission to leave the hotel and cancel my remaining 4 nights. I have contacted get a room via email many times without success. I paid for one night at the Days Inn and have proof of all payments as well as paid for the new hotel reservation that we moved to due to the unsafe conditions. I would like my $492 refunded to my American Express card. Thank you, Elizabeth Mikukis

B

Getaroom - Hotel booking

My wife and I booked a room for a reunion trip. I, unfortunately, got a breakthrough case of covid the week of the trip and was mandated to quarantine by the state for 2 weeks. We called the hotel as soon as this happened. The hotel said we needed to contact "Getaroom, " and they would approve the refund. We contacted "Getaroom, " and they told us they would investigate.

I received a generic email response from a representative that stated the declined to cancel. Whomever the representative is could not even take the time to input the hotel's name in the canned email she sent us. I can guarantee that she did not attempt to contact the hotel.

After that, we contacted the hotel, and they stated they would have approved it. I am not sure what kind of business practice this is, but it is unacceptable. Please contact me immediately regarding this situation as this cancellation was out of our control and we should have been provided a refund.

Desired outcome: Refund in full or a credit for another stay

Nov 17, 2021

Hi administrators,

Getaroom is requesting that we remove the rep's contact info that provided the poor service to us in order to move forward with a refund for me. I have tried to edit this complaint but cannot figure it out. Could someone please assist in removing the rep's information? I submitted a contact form request as well with a new image of the email we received which has the rep's info redacted. Thanks!

Nov 16, 2021

To follow up, we just spoke with the hotel and they have confirmed again that no one from "Getaroom" reached out to them to confirm that they approve the cancellation. They have assured us that there is a note in the reservation stating that they approve the refund. Someone from "Getaroom" needs to do what they said would do and contact the hotel to get confirmation of their approval and then process the refund for us.

I will be reaching out to the BBB next

Nov 15, 2021

As you can see the representative did not bother to input the hotel name. She just copied and pasted a canned response. This is unacceptable.

Complaint#: 5560009

Reservation# R2601651859

Getaroom - Took my money without a reservation

Booked for a room via Guest Reservations for York Hotel Singapore. Paid US$1, 838.43, statement showed that the money was sent to CCI*Hotel Res. Received an invoice from hotelvalues.com and when viewing my reservation, was directed to getaroom with confirmation number R2924358841. Went to the hotel on 8 Nov 2021 and was told they never received any booking nor reservation. Completely ripped me off my money, don't fall for this scam.

Update by JChoK
Nov 15, 2021

my email address is wrong in the invoice. My phone code isn't even +1, how do I contact you without your customer service resolution specialist speaking to a false email or person? Couldn't you just process the refund without dealing with the person behind the scam?

1 2 3  ...  17