MagicJack / 30 day free trial

1 PA, United States

I was researching additional options for a home phone for my 89 year old mother in law. When I saw that Magic Jack offered a 30 day free trial, I thought it was optimal, so I ordered it. I used my Mastercard, which happens to be a debit card as well. It appears that the 30 day Free Trial offer is only available if you use a credit card. I was quite upset and contacted their online Customer Service rep. I had to cancel the original order and then was told it would take 3-5 business days for the money to be refunded. I asked why that was, since they debited my account immediately and of course she had no answer for me. I asked for both a phone number and address and was only given a city and state. What kind of legit business does not list an address or phone number on their web site? I have filed a complaint with Better Business about the false advertising and "free trial" scam. If you are considering the product, be very careful. This company appears to have poor business practises and apparently has no concern for customer satisfaction.