Complaints & Reviews

just plain unethical

I will NEVER purchase MagicJack again. I'm so glad this happened BEFORE I purchased a second one:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Jocel'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK436021651173X

Jocel: Hello, how may I help you?

Jennifer Womack: Hi, my magic light just stopped working out of nowhere - the blue light doesnt come on and my computer does not recognize the device

Jocel: You may need to try all available USB ports in front and at the back of your tower until you see the blue light inside the magicJack device. Also, please try using and not using the USB extension cord if the blue light doesn't light up.

Jennifer Womack: I tried all available USB ports - the light comes on for less than a second as soon as plugged in then it goes off

Jocel: Do you have other USB-based devices (webcams, printers, digital camera, cellphones, external hard drives, etc.) connected to that computer?

Jennifer Womack: I dont use a USB extension cord either

Jennifer Womack: I did but I disconnected them to try the other USB ports

Jocel: Okay.

Jocel: Let's try a few more things to address the issue.

Jocel: Unplug your magicJack

Jocel: Hold down the "Shift" key and plug your magicJack back in, with the "Shift" key depressed (this will prevent magicJack from autorunning)

Jocel: Click "Start"

Jennifer Womack: Ok

Jocel: Go to "Computer"

Jocel: Locate the drive named "Vista Only", "Phone", or "Removable Disk" (make sure it is the magicJack drive)

Jennifer Womack: there is no additional drives - just Local Disk C

Jocel: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade:

Jocel: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe

Jocel: Please keep the magicJack connected while running the upgrade.

Jocel: Let me know once done.

Jennifer Womack: It's done - a banner popped up telling me I need to get Magic Talk to make calls or I need to plug in the USB

Jocel: Please unplug the magicJack device and replug it to another port after 20 seconds.

Jennifer Womack: Okay

Jocel: Once the dial pad is up, check if it says, "magicJack" or "magicTalk" at the center part.

Jennifer Womack: It says MagicTalk

Jocel: One moment please...

Jocel: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Sharon'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK436021651173X

Sharon: Hello Jennifer . My name is Sharon. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you.

Jennifer Womack: Thank you

Sharon: Thank you for patiently waiting, Jennifer.

Sharon: Can you please try using the USB extension cord?

Jennifer Womack: Okay - I will see if I can locate it.

Sharon: Take your time.

Jennifer Womack: Thanks - I found it but it still does not seem to be working

Sharon: Thank you.

Sharon: Please unplug the magicJack.

Jennifer Womack: OKay

Sharon: Open task manager (control+alt+delete) and click the tab named Processes.

Jennifer Womack: okay

Sharon: In there, look for magicJack.exe or magicTalk.exe process.

Jennifer Womack: I see magicjack.exe

Sharon: Select it and click on End Process.

Jennifer Womack: okay

Sharon: Did you end the magicTalk program now?

Jennifer Womack: Yes

Sharon: I will be right with you.

Jennifer Womack: Okay thank you

Sharon: One moment please...

Jennifer Womack: okay

Sharon: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Sharon: Thank you for waiting.

Sharon: Please plug the magicJack back.

Jennifer Womack: Thats okay - thanks. should i plug it back in with or without the extension cord?

Sharon: Plug it back without the extension cord.

Jennifer Womack: Okay I plugged it back in without the extension cord

Sharon: Do you see a magicJack icon on your desktop?

Jennifer Womack: No

Sharon: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade:

Sharon: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe

Jennifer Womack: I'm sorry - I thought you meant did it pop up. I do have an icon on my desktop and the last agent had me do the upgrade

Sharon: Please double click on the magicJack icon on your desktop and check if the magicJack start.

Jennifer Womack: Okay

Sharon: Let me know once done.

Jennifer Womack: I'm done - It's telling me I need MagicTalk to place a call

Sharon: Please open Internet Explorer browser.

Jennifer Womack: OKay

Sharon: Unplug the magicJack first.

Jennifer Womack: I already opened the window before I unplugged the magicjack

Sharon: Yes, that is fine.

Sharon: Now, on your Internet Explorer click on Tools.

Jennifer Womack: Okay

Sharon: Then, click on Internet Options.

Jennifer Womack: ok

Sharon: Now, click on Security Tab.

Jennifer Womack: ok

Sharon: Then, click on Restricted Sites and Sites button.

Jennifer Womack: ok

Sharon: Under Add this website to this zone type: www.magicTalk.com and click on Add.

Jennifer Womack: ok

Sharon: Then, click on CLOSE. Apply and Ok.

Jennifer Womack: ok

Sharon: Once done, plug the magicJack back.

Jennifer Womack: ok

Jennifer Womack: The computer still does not recognize the USB. I believe there is something wrong with the device and not the software

Sharon: Please try using the USB extension cord again.

Jennifer Womack: That does not work either

Sharon: Do you have other USB-based devices (webcams, printers, digital camera, cellphones, external hard drives, etc.) connected to that computer?

Jennifer Womack: no

Sharon: Do you have another computer that has Windows XP, Vista or Intel-based Mac OS 10.4.10 where you can try magicjack on?

Jennifer Womack: no

Jennifer Womack: I just disconnected the magicjack and plugged in my USB - my USB works

Sharon: Click on Start then Run (if you cannot see RUN then press and hold down the Windows Flag Key on your keyboard while pressing letter R) then type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) then click OK.

Jennifer Womack: I'm sorry - I have been trying to troubleshoot for about an hour now. What do I need to do to get a new device?

Sharon: We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Sharon: I can actually process a replacement for you. Replacement is FREE, you will only need to pay for its shipping and handling which costs $9.95. You will be having the same phone number on it.

Jennifer Womack: Okay... I am unable to pay shipping for $9.95 when I'm unsure why it stopped working out of no where. I used it last night - the computer has been sitting in the same exact spot - and when I woke up this morning to try to make a call it was not working.

Sharon: In that case, better if we perform some other steps. I can't process the replacement if you won't agree with the shipping fee.

Jennifer Womack: Okay, that's okay - don't even worry about it. I really think it's unfortunate that magicjack would have me pay shipping when I will be without ANY phone until I get the replacement.

Jennifer Womack: ok

Sharon: Is Device Manager window up now?

Jennifer Womack: yes

Sharon: At Device Manager window, click + sign next to Disk drives.

Jennifer Womack: ok i have done that

Sharon: Do you see YMAX MagicJack USB Device or Tigerjet Hard Disk Drive or USB Combo HD Device?

Jennifer Womack: no

Sharon: What devices do you have in there?

Jennifer Womack: Toshiba MK8009GAH ATA Device

Sharon: Click + sign next to CD / DVD drives.

Jennifer Womack: I don't have a CD/DVD drive

Sharon: What do you have in there?

Jennifer Womack: What do I have in where?

Sharon: In Device Manager, what other options do you have instead of Disk Drives?

Sharon: I meant, aside from Disk Drives.

Jennifer Womack: There are about 18 other options

Sharon: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Jennifer Womack: Okay - may I ask what's going on?

Sharon: Would you like us to log onto your computer remotely and resolve this issue for you? If yes, I will transfer you to a higher level of support that will take care of this for you.

Jennifer Womack: Yes go ahead

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Anika'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK436021651173X

Anika: Hi Jennifer. This is Anika. I need to take control of your computer to be able to assist you with your concern.

Jennifer Womack: Okay

Anika: Before we start with the screen sharing, may I ask if you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer?

Jennifer Womack: I'm not sure

Jennifer Womack: Hello?

Anika: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

Anika: Right click on the link and check what version of your Java.

Jennifer Womack: I'm currently download the latest version of Java onto my computer

Anika: Alright

Jennifer Womack: OKay it has downloaded

Anika: Install it.

Jennifer Womack: it has installed i mean

Desktop Sharing session requested by 'Anika'. Click here to initiate

Desktop Sharing approval window shown

Desktop Sharing approved

Desktop Sharing session started

Desktop Sharing session has failed (No java detected on client computer)

Anika: Desktop Sharing session has failed (No java detected on client computer)

Anika: Be sure that you have install the Java after you download it.

Jennifer Womack: I'm unsure why it has not been detected. The Java has a lot of troubleshooting information, but I have been troubleshooting for over an over with other representatives. Will I need to trouble shoot Java now before you can help me?

Anika: We cannot initiate a screen sharing if you dont have Java.

Jennifer Womack: That's too bad - thanks

Anika: I can transfer you to our supervisor that can assist you with your issue.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Paul'

Jennifer Womack: Okay, please initiate the fourth transfer

Paul: Hello, how may I help you?

Jennifer Womack: Are you able to see the chat I had with the other 3 representatives?

Paul: Please wait while I check that for you

Paul: Did you download the latest version of java?

Jennifer Womack: Yes

Jennifer Womack: And the upgrade

Paul: Can you please install your latest version of javA?

Jennifer Womack: I did

Paul: so you mean you can't start magicjack ?

Jennifer Womack: This is ridiculous - I'm done

Resolved echo plus hard to hear

I was able to receive a legit complaint line--[protected]--when I called the number of the receipt for 5...

unauthorized withdraw from my bank account

I recieved a 30 day free trial to try the majic jack. I called the number provided [protected]. The...

42 comments Warrensville Heights Unauthorized Charges

Resolved rude tech people & does not work

I put up with a year of not being able to use my phone as advertised, as I had already paid for it. I did get...

Resolved charge me twice on my credit card.

I called magic jack in they said they weren't going to charge my card until the 30 days were up they lied in charged my account 2 times for 1 magic jack in that's not right I don't have no money to give away I have kids, and I'm pissed i want my ###ing money back they took $95 dollars for 1 magic jack where they do that at. Thats false advertising anyway because they said wouldn't charge your card until 30 days but soon as I hung up they took my money. Scam, scam, scam.

• Mi
    Mike Preziotti Dec 12, 2011

Did the same to me. Unable to chat or call anyone.

breaks up when talking and useing computer at the same time

I bought magic jack 10/5/2010 and hoped to use it for my new website business so I got my site up in 1/2011 and discovered that while talking to customers and trying to view my web site and scroll to find products to add to their order the phone conversation breaks up so bad that you can't talk. I contacted jack and they did try some things to help fix it but nothing worked so I said how about a refund they said it was over 30 days and they could not. I said how about prorate it they said NO! So I guess I am stuck with this thing and I can't even use it..My advice..If you are planning to use it while working a web site or surfing, , DON'T GET IT!!!

Resolved dishonest

This screenshot tells most of my story.
In my area, Windstream landlines do not connect to magicJack numbers.
MagicJack is a do-it-yourself hardware addition. With the price, I expected a little bit of configuring to get it to work.
I was correct there. Although, it wasn't as bad as it seems from the surface. It only took checking some settings on my computer, and making sure everything was set to operate the device properly.

ONCE THE DEVICE WAS OPERATING CORRECTLY, I soon learned about the territorial boundaries the phone companies have setup. SO, anyone in my area with Windstream cannot call my magicJack... Sry Windstream fans, you'll have to talk to me a different way. MagicJack SAYS 'anyone in the world can call you'; THEY LIE! While it may or may not be MagicJack's fault, MagicJack still lies about it in their documentation. I have not found official notice from magicJack about limitations of incoming calls. It says: "anyone in the world can call you".

Not happy about that. Saying one thing, then doing another... that's a violation of the constitution of the republic.

dishonest

Resolved billing fraud

I went on to the Magic Jack website and carefully checked FAQs and order form etc. and it all assured me that if I ordered today 1/31/11 that my card would not be billed [anything] until 2/18/11. On the order form, it had both a box for debit and credit cards and on the form it said completely free 30 day trial, so I gave my card number and ordered.

A few minutes later I logged on to my online bank account regarding a deposit and there was a $45+ debit to my account!!!

I called and emailed and live chatted for hrs trying to resolve this and got a snotty chat guy named Andre who actually said that Debit card orders were debited right away and when I said I saw that nowhere on the webiste, he sent me a link to Wikipedia/debit and said maybe I needed to know the difference between a credit and debit card!!

I then found a number on a complaint forum
[protected]
Called and was on hold for 25 minutes. Got a snotty rep who constantly interupted me. I asked if I could finish telling her my problem and she hung up on me.

over an hr after all of this, Magic Jack sent me a "Confirmation Email" that stated at the bottom that for the tv special only credit cards could be accepted.??? Why the debit card box on the order form???

Cannot contact these people. Did cancel the order via live chat but will have to wait "5-7 Business Days until credit processed".

I would NEVER deal with Magic Jack or "Live [protected]@ Live person either since Andre was such a jerk.
VERY negative experience. I am so angry!!! Plus now our house payment will probably bounce.

customer service poor

I've seen many complaints about MagicJack on-line service, and I have to agree that the agents are often clueless. After an extremely unproductive conversation with an agent and a supervisor I read through many of the other complaints. Among them I found one with an e-mail address:
CustomerServiceMgr <[protected]@magicJack.com>

Sending the whole text of my unproductive session to the above address at least produced a comprehensible response. Even so, they never quite answer the customer's question. They are more likely to ask you another question, or tell you it's not their fault so you are on your own.

I originally got MagicJack on the strength of good on-line reviews, and I think the culprit was PC Magazine. I might have done better to buy a different unit that offered lifetime service for a single fee.

Resolved 30 day free trial

I was researching additional options for a home phone for my 89 year old mother in law. When I saw that Magic Jack offered a 30 day free trial, I thought it was optimal, so I ordered it. I used my Mastercard, which happens to be a debit card as well. It appears that the 30 day Free Trial offer is only available if you use a credit card. I was quite upset and contacted their online Customer Service rep. I had to cancel the original order and then was told it would take 3-5 business days for the money to be refunded. I asked why that was, since they debited my account immediately and of course she had no answer for me. I asked for both a phone number and address and was only given a city and state. What kind of legit business does not list an address or phone number on their web site? I have filed a complaint with Better Business about the false advertising and "free trial" scam. If you are considering the product, be very careful. This company appears to have poor business practises and apparently has no concern for customer satisfaction.

Resolved customer service don't know what they do

Here are the details of the customer service call
You are now chatting with 'Abbey'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43605958743X
Abbey: Hello, how may I help you?
moe: hi i was on chat with one rep my jack is not recieving calls i rebooted and did an upgrade it is still not working to recieve calls but i can call
moe: i can call out
Abbey: Okay. Let me assist you.
moe: but not receive cald
moe: calls
moe: i hsve 2 mj
moe: [protected]
Abbey: Please wait while I check that for you
moe: i am at that location now
Abbey: One moment please...
Abbey: Okay did the dial pad up right now?
moe: yes
Abbey: Please restart your magic jack by clicking MENU on your magicJack softphone/dial pad then click ADVANCE USERS then click RESTART.
moe: ok
Abbey: Thank you. Let em know once the dial pad is up.
moe: all is up
Abbey: Okay then try call your MJ now.
Abbey: Thank you.
moe: its not working
Abbey: Okay.
Abbey: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade:
Abbey: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe
moe: ok
Abbey: Thank you. Let em know once the dial pad is up then try again to call your MJ.
moe: still not recieving calls
Abbey: Okay.
moe: i can call out but it rings busy when some one calls me
Abbey: Please click the “START”(WINDOWS LOGO) button and select “Control Panel”. On the upper right side, click the dropdopwn menu next to View by and Select “Small Icons”.
moe: small icons are not available
moe: i am using win 7
Abbey: Okay. Did you see the “Windows Firewall”. ?
moe: no
moe: i use avg but i but in a pass for mj
Abbey: Okay.
Abbey: One moment please...
moe: it was working for 2 years like that
moe: mj is allowed to go through the fire wall other wise it will not come up
Abbey: Please click the “START”(WINDOWS LOGO) then type Firewall.cpl on search.
moe: ok
Abbey: Please double click “Windows Firewall”. Then click Advanced settings in the left column of the Windows Firewall window. (make sure it is On so that we can add the ports)
moe: listen here avg fire wall will shut down if i use windows firewall
moe: i don't use windows firewalls
moe: the ports are all open
moe: i can make calls
moe: not recieve calls
Abbey: Okay please follow my steps.
moe: firewall is open
Abbey: Okay.
Abbey: Then click Advanced settings in the left column of the Windows Firewall window. (make sure it is On so that we can add the ports)
moe: this is windows firewalls we are talking about
Abbey: Yes Moe.
moe: first i have to activate the firewall
moe: so it is up ow
moe: ok advance security is up
Abbey: 1. Select Inbound Rules in the left column . >>> Select New Rule in the right column. >>> Then put the dot on the circle for Port, in the New Inbound Rule Wizard and then click Next.
moe: ok done
Abbey: 2. please click Protocol and ports, then put the dot on the circle for UDP >>>> then put the dot on the Specific local ports and type 5060 in the box next to it >>> the click the Next button...
moe: no protocol and ports
Abbey: Are you using OS windows 7?
moe: i have rule type program action profile name then does this rule apply to all programs or a specifi program all program with radio button this program path
moe: u don't read
moe: i told u i was using win 7
moe: look back in the chat
Abbey: Then you must have the Protocol and port.
moe: no
moe: all i have on the screen i have put to u
Abbey: Okay.
moe: i will go back and do it again to see
Abbey: Okay thank you.
moe: this is under program not new rule your text is wrong i found port rules that controls control connection for a tcp or udp ort under program
Abbey: Okay.
moe: i am a third level support engineer
Abbey: please click Protocol and ports, then put the dot on the circle for UDP >>>> then put the dot on the Specific local ports and type 5060 in the box next to it >>> the click the Next button...
moe: now i get protocl and ports take notice
moe: TCP UDP
moe: i have two radio button TCP and UDP engaged upd
Abbey: Please follow my steps so that we can go to next step.
moe: u have not answerd my question
moe: what is the last line i wrote to you
moe: what button to engaged
Abbey: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Diana'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43605958743X
Diana: Hello Abbey,
Diana: This is Diana, a Higher Level of Support. I will be assisting you. How are you today?
Diana: To better assist you, please give me a little while to review your chat/s, thank you.
moe: good
Diana: Thanks
moe: i have reached to the point of udp button enggaed adn specific local ports 5060
moe: your first level support don't read the text i sent him or her
Diana: One moment please...
moe: remember i am using avg firewall so i will disable windows firewalls as soon as we finished this problem
moe: so please take that into consideration i will not use windows firewall
Diana: were you able to add the 5060 UDP port?
moe: i did put a rule in avg to allow mj to go through the fire wall
moe: yes
Diana: After that, please do the same 1-3 steps, but name it as MJ2 and the port number is 5070….
moe: my question to you is how will this affect avg firewall
moe: because avg will shut down windows firewall
moe: if u need to go higher to find out please do
Diana: In as much as I would like to transfer you to another operator I apologize, but we are not allowed to do that since you are already in the higher level of support
Diana: please turn off the AVG firewall and make sure windows firewall is on
moe: no problem you have not answered my question
moe: i dont' use windows firewall
moe: windows firewall sucks
Diana: can you open the same ports in the AVG firewall?
moe: i am not dealing with the [protected] today i will do that a next day that mu is at another location
moe: i will look at the rules and see if it can be created.
moe: but let us do this here i will try it if it works i will find some way to make it work with avg i will talk to sr engineer at avg
moe: so i go to next on this screen
moe: two rules here
moe: allow the connection this included connection that are portected with IPsec. as well as those are not and allow the connection it is secure
moe: which radio button do i click
moe: allow the connection or allow the connection if it is secure
Diana: please make sure magicjack is allowed
moe: it says nothing about mj
moe: there are rules
moe: your text are not written correctly that the reason u can't tell me what to do
moe: what rules or rule do i engaged
moe: under action what rules do i apply
Diana: if you can allow magicJack on both it would be better
moe: the rule does not give mj
moe: mj is protocol and ports
moe: the next screen takes yu to action
moe: what do i engage in action
moe: you have to know how this protocol will react with your servers
Diana: can you allow all connections to magicjack?
moe: it says nothing about mj
moe: the screen is the New Inbound Rule Wizard
moe: action is the heading
Diana: what are your options in that New Inbound Rule Wizard
Diana: can you add ports or programs?
moe: u just like the last idiot
moe: i told u what the screen says
Diana: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Diana: what is option 1
Diana: what is options 2
Diana: what is options 3
moe: look above i give the option u don't read
Diana: how may options is that, you gave all options in one sentence, how do you think I can separate those options?
moe: 3 options i give you above
moe: moe: allow the connection This includes connection that are protected with IPsec as well as those are not next rule Allow the connection if it is secure this incluide only connectionthat have been authenticated by usingIPsec. Connection will be secured using the setting in ipsec properties and rules in coneection security rule node or block the connection
moe: there are the option again
moe: option 1
moe: next rule Allow the connection if it is secure this incluide only connectionthat have been authenticated by usingIPsec. Connection will be secured using the setting in ipsec properties and rules in coneection security rule node
moe: option 2
moe: or block the connection
moe: option 3
moe: so we have a choice of 2 options
moe: how will your serves recact to option 1 and 2
moe: This is not in your script
moe: go find out from a higher level of support i will wait
Diana: give me the options properly, not give all options in one sentence
moe: solve the problem u dunce
Diana: give me the options properly, not give all options in one sentence
moe: i give u the 3 option
Diana: I need your full cooperation in order for me to resolve your concerns, however if you don’t cooperate I am forced to end this session. give me the options properly, not give all options in one sentence
moe: i need your supervisor
Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should

Resolved blocked service

Start on or about 12-November-2010 Magicjack has started blocking most inbound long distant calls and is blaming the long distance carriers.

This is MagicJack answer to the issue:

If you are getting a message stating "Your number is being identified as a local number when it is a long distance number", you need to call your long distance carrier and tell them to route your call properly. For you convenience, we have provided some common long distance carriers' phone numbers below: Sprint [protected] MetroPCS [protected] AT&T [protected] T-Mobile [protected] Verizon [protected] Sprint [protected] Cricket [protected] Optimum Lightpath [protected] Comcast [protected] Verizon [protected] Bell Mobility [protected] Comcast [protected] For all other providers please check your monthly statement for their contact information.

As I can dial other long distance numbers from the same phone to the same area code where the magicjack powered phone is it shows me the magicjack is full of it. I cannot believe that it is the long distance carriers fault. That would imply that the conspired together to cause this issue.

• Na
    natasha_210 Nov 15, 2010

I am having the same EXACT problem! I was made aware of this by someone telling me that my phone was not a working number. I can call my magic jack phone with no problem from any local number; but if I call from a number that is considered "long distance" I get the above message. I have had my magic jack for about 4 months and have had nothing but continuous problems. I have had to turn the automatic updates off on my computer because every time it updates, it reboots which shuts down the magic jack. If I am not at home or aware of this then I have no phone service until I manually restart the magic jack software!!! That may be several days later since I don't use that computer on a regular basis. Usually I'm made aware of its non- functionality by my mother or kids telling me that they cannot use the phone :-( I am often one to give new technology a chance; but I think magic jack has run its course with me. I always felt it was to good to be true anyway...

• Ro
    RonEarz Nov 16, 2010

Come November 23rd, Cell and Cable Carriers will block outgoing calls from magicjack to there network. As of today you are being charged a long distance free when you dial a magicjack phone number using any one of the access numbers. So come Next tuesday november 23rd, magicjack will be useless. They will no issue a refund for magicjack users who only have the year of service plan that came with their magicjack. They will refund only to people who've paid for 5 years of service.

• Ke
    Ketu Nov 17, 2010

@RonEars: Can you please advice, from where did you get this information? I can not find any article.

SK

• Y2
    y2kdonnie Jul 24, 2011

OKay, there is a resoluton. It took some time to figure it out but obviously none of the cell companies nor Magicjack's "crack technical talent" took the time to even think about the problem.

You're cell phone was originally assigned in a different area code than you now have billing and service provider. In my case, it was a 727 area code and I now lived in area code 540. Anyone I called still saw the call coming from Clearwater Florida.

I got Verizon to assign me a new 540 number for my cell and the problem vanished. A pain in the rear to let all of your contacts know about the new number, but it fixed the problem

not working

I bought magick jack which was working from the begining very bad, connection was extremely bad, i been...

billing office

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Honey'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43602168255X

Honey: Hello, how may I help you?

Honey: May I know if you did purchase a magicJack device?

Honey: Or place an order to the magicJack site?

luc: you have a computer no??

luc: history of my call should be on it

Honey: Ok, please be more specific on your concern to get this resolved.

Honey: Alright.

Honey: Just here waiting for your statement.

Honey: I see, so you mean, you had purchased a renewal plan, right?

luc: i need a phone number of your head office now

luc: cool but i need someone responsioble

Honey: Alright, don't worry, the Supervisor will assist you this time.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Manuel'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43602168255X

luc: and i need a phone number of head office

luc: i need a phone number of head office

luc: tired of asking for my monney here

Manuel: I am sorry we provide chat support only

luc: then am sending my request to credit bureau

Manuel: Please wait while I check that for you

Manuel: Luc, Did check your bank account ?

Manuel: Please wait while I check that for you

Manuel: I am looking into this. It may take a while. Please bear with me.

luc: 09/17/2010 Visa settle - MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-75.34

luc: you tell me you would not be upset by this

Manuel: Please fill the above form again

luc: i did fill your form already

Manuel: Please fill it again

Manuel: So your issue will be resolved as soon as possible

luc: i have to go look in my other computer for bamnk information

Manuel: OK

Manuel: Do not worry if you have charged then you will be fully refunded

Manuel: I will personally take Care of your issue

Manuel: I will try my best to get your issue resolved as soon as possible

luc: [protected]@MoneyMart.ca

Manuel: No its not true

Manuel: Do not worry your issue will be resolved as soon possible

Manuel: It may be possible that you will get today

Manuel: Have you filled the above form again ?

luc: in 2 hours from now it will be at the credit office

Manuel: Then you just need to wait only for 24 -48 hours

luc: i need to get to work or tell my boss i tryed every thing

Manuel: Do not worry you will be fully refunded

luc: that the exat answer i add last time

Manuel: Do not worry if you have charged then you will be fully refunded

luc: am keeping this conversation save for my protection

Manuel: You will get your refund as soon as possible

Manuel: This is your chat id LTK43602168255X

luc: Please wait for a site operator to respond. You are now chatting with 'Honey' Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43602168255X Honey: Hello, how may I help you? luc: i did not receive the 250.00$ from last week today i dont have any money to go to work will i need a lawer Honey: May I know if you did purchase a magicJack device? Honey: Or place an order to the magicJack site? luc: you have a computer no?? luc: history of my call should be on it Honey: Ok, please be more specific on your concern to get this resolved. luc: yes Honey: Alright. Honey: Just here waiting for your statement. luc: i need the money you toke from my visa it happen when i did my subscrition on your web Honey: I see, so you mean, you had purchased a renewal plan, right? luc: i need a phone number of your head office now Honey: With all due respect, we are only allowed to assist customers through chat. luc: cool but i need someone responsioble Honey: Alright, don't worry, the Supervisor will assist you this time. Honey: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you. Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator. You are now chatting with 'Manuel' Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43602168255X luc: and i need a phone number of head office Manuel: Hi, this is supervisor Manuel, . To better assist you, please brief me about your concern or query. Thank you. luc: i need a phone number of head office luc: tired of asking for my monney here Manuel: I am sorry we provide chat support only luc: then am sending my request to credit bureau Manuel: Please wait while I check that for you luc: i talk to visa and they never recived the form you was supose to send them so i can get my monney back Manuel: Luc, Did check your bank account ? luc: yes luc: i talk to visa and they never recived the form you was supose to send them so i can get my monney back Manuel: Ok Manuel: Please wait while I check that for you Manuel: I am looking into this. It may take a while. Please bear with me. luc: 09/15/2010 10:45:36 MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-89.24 09/15/2010 10:45:12 MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-89.24 09/15/2010 10:44:41 MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-89.24 luc: 09/17/2010 Visa settle - MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-75.34 luc: you tell me you would not be upset by this Manuel: Luc, I have checked your request is under process, Your refund will be released as soon as possible Manuel: Please CLICK HERE and fill out the form. Make sure that you enter the correct information for us to be able to handle this as quickly as possible. Manuel: Please fill the above form again luc: i did fill your form already Manuel: Please fill it again Manuel: So your issue will be resolved as soon as possible luc: i have to go look in my other computer for bamnk information Manuel: OK Manuel: Do not worry if you have charged then you will be fully refunded Manuel: I will personally take Care of your issue Manuel: I will try my best to get your issue resolved as soon as possible luc: [protected]@MoneyMart.ca luc: [protected]:12:32 MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-78.[protected]:45:36 MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-89.[protected]:45:12 MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-89.[protected]:44:41 MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-89.24 luc: [protected]@MoneyMart.ca told me its not the first time this is going on with phone jack Manuel: No its not true Manuel: Do not worry your issue will be resolved as soon possible Manuel: As I have told you that your request is under process yesterday was sunday and Back keeps off luc: i think there computer system is better then yours i never add problem with visa before and i like to belive what they say Manuel: It may be possible that you will get today Manuel: Have you filled the above form again ? luc: in 2 hours from now it will be at the credit office luc: yes Manuel: Ok Manuel: Then you just need to wait only for 24 -48 hours luc: i need to get to work or tell my boss i tryed every thing Manuel: Do not worry you will be fully refunded luc: that the exat answer i add last time Manuel: Do not worry if you have charged then you will be fully refunded luc: am keeping this conversation save for my protection Manuel: You will get your refund as soon as possible Manuel: This is your chat id LTK43602168255X

luc: am sending it to visa

luc: done

Manuel: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

luc: Canada’s Office of Consumer Affairs

luc: i just need my monney

luc: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/h_ca02146.html

Manuel: Luc, Do not worry if you have charged then you will be fully refunded

luc: k i do i go to work today you have my monney

luc: ????????

Manuel: Luc, Please wait while I am talking about your concern to our billing department

Manuel: Luc, I have talked about your concern to our billing department and they are working on your issue and your issue will be resolved as soon as possible

luc: [protected]@ic.gc.ca just to let you know i know where to go

Manuel: Thanks

Manuel: Your understanding will be appreciated

luc: i will hand them a report if i dont have my money by 12:00

Manuel: Do not worry I will personally take of your issue
Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Rhett'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43602353615X

Rhett: Hello, how may I help you?

luc amyot: tes can you tell me with is the last agent i talk to yesterday?

Rhett: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please?

luc amyot: cause i just call visa this morning and they did not have any reply from magic jack?

Rhett: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please?

luc amyot: visa employee was thinqing mj was a good idea but now with the report they see about me they are starting to wonder?

Rhett: One moment please...

luc amyot: i told them tec suport is great the office it dont do noting for me

Rhett: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Journey'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43602353615X

Journey: Hi this is Miss Journey, Please give me a moment to review your previous chat. Thank you

Journey: Thank you for holding, Luc.

Journey: May I know the exact authorized amount that has appeared on your account?

luc amyot: i just ask a professional from visa to send me a email just to make shure am clear you want to see it?

luc amyot: please say yes

Journey: Yes

luc amyot: Hello, Once a merchant attempts to process your credit card for a purchase the funds are immediately placed on hold in their name to ensure the funds are available (this is called an authorization or pending hold). Once the original authorization is requested they do not send a second request stating that the transaction is declined or cancelled and the funds remain on hold. Most merchants have 15 days to claim funds from a pending authorization before the authorization is *automatically removed*. However, because of the nature of rental businesses, vehicle/equipment rental agencies and hotels have up to 46 days to claim funds from an authorization. Attached you will find the necessary form to have a Pending Authorization released back to your prepaid Titanium Plus card account. Please provide this form to the merchant. All fields must be completed before the merchant faxes or emails it back to Customer Service. FAX: [protected] Email: [protected]@moneymart.ca NOTE: if this is regarding a pending authorization from a vehicle rental, the merchant must also include a copy of the Final Rental Agreement or the authorization cannot be released. Thank you, Sean W @ Customer Service This message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and destroy this message.

luc amyot: please read it carfuly

Journey: One moment please...

Journey: Okay, Thank you for holding, Luc. These were the authorized charges on your account right, 09/15/2010 10:44:41 MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-89.24, 09/17/2010 Visa settle - MAGICJACK [protected] WEST PALM BEAFLUS $-75.34

luc amyot: why

luc amyot: ????????????

luc amyot: only one

Journey: Okay, May I know the exact amount that was authorized from your account please?

luc amyot: i have a other phone jack that i activated with 25.00$ prepaid master card

luc amyot: you you have the 70.00 something you need for the first one

luc amyot: you need to release 3 of 89.24

Journey: Yes, Luc. that $75.34 charge was for the 5 year platinum plan you purchased. Regarding with the 3 authorization of $89.24 that will be release back on your visa account, as per our higher department updates, they will be sending a fax notification to your bank for the release of those authorizations, but I will send them a follow up report right now. would it be okay with you to fill out another release form?

luc amyot: understand that i can t get mad at an agent but am about to do so super internet boycut to magic jack

luc amyot: i will use every call line imaginable and send what i have keep for conversation

Journey: We understand your situation, Luc. We are here to straighten this out to you, Do not worry, we will take care of this concern, I will send an update right now to our higher department in order for them to reprocess the notification to your bank to release those authorizations.

Journey: Please CLICK HERE and fill out the form. Make sure that you enter the correct information for us to be able to handle this as quickly as possible.

Journey: please click on the above link then please enter the information needed.

luc amyot: visa know i filled this form already a 100 time how come you dont

Journey: By the way, this is the first 4 digits and last 4 digits of the card where the authorization has been applied right, 4677 8722?

luc amyot: can you reach one of your superieur before i end end up being charge for what am about to do to them on the internet

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Gilbert'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43602523868X

Gilbert: Hello, how may I help you?

luc: just like to remind your office that they owe me money

Gilbert: May I have first four and last four digits of your credit card which you used at the time of order placing?

luc: 4722 8722

luc: sorry

luc: 4677 8722

Gilbert: Please wait while I check that for you

luc: ok

luc: a simple fax to visa whould have fix that problem 1 week ago???????

Gilbert: One moment please...

Gilbert: Your Order Number: TS04846366 for Order Date: 09/15/2010 is for 5 year plan $69.95

Gilbert: Applied to magicjack Phone Number: [protected]

luc: and i dont worry about that for now all i need you guys to tell visa is that i never purchase any thing at 3 time 89.24

luc: i dont know why this is so hard to understand???

Gilbert: I am looking into this. It may take a while. Please bear with me.

luc: ok but now i have to take a shower case this week i have to walk to work with my tools on my back

Gilbert: One moment please...

Gilbert: Your Order Number: TS04942079 for Order Date: 09/21/2010 is for Canadian number $10.00

luc: if this goes to court am charging for my time lost last week

Gilbert: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Jamie'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK43602523868X

luc: it as notting to do with any purcase that went true it as somthing to do with monney lost on your web

Jamie: Hello Luc. My name is Jamie. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you.

luc: i dont haVE TIME FOR THIS ANY MORE GAT TO GO TAKE A SHOWER ITS COST ME LAST WEEK OF WORK IS IT GOING TO BE THE SAME THIS WEEK

luc: TODAY AM CALLING THE SMALL CLAIM COURT

luc: AND AM PUTTING THE TIME LOST LAST WEEK

Jamie: I am looking into this. It may take a while. Please bear with me.

luc: THATS WHAT MJ TOLD ME ALL LAST WEEK THATS HOW I LOST MY WEEK

luc: THI SAME CONVERSATION OVER AND OVER LIKE AM TALKING TO A COMPUTER PROGRAME TO SAY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Jamie: Thank you for patiently waiting, Luc.

Jamie: May I know the dates of the transactions you're showing on your account please?

luc: AM NOT PATIENT PLEASE LOOK AT THE HISTORY OF MY LAST WEEK EVERY DAY CONVERSATION I NEED TO BE ABLE TO GO TO WORK I HAVE CAN REPETTE THE LOST I HAD LAST WEEK

Jamie: Okay.

Jamie: Please wait while I check that for you

luc: OK THANK FOR YOUR HELP IF YOU CAN DO ANY THING FOR ME LET ME KNOW MY EMAIL IS [protected]@KORCOA.COM MY CELL NUMBER IS [protected]

luc: UNTIL THEN AM GOING TO TRY AND FIND A WAY TO GET MY MONEY

luc: AND LET EVERY ONE I CAN KNOW ABOUT ALL THOSE CONVERSATION

luc: I ADD WITH MAGIC JACK

luc: HAVE A NICE DAY

• Tj
    TJH57 Jan 21, 2013

I am in the midst of a problem that a subscription just disappeared. Chat support is useless. Phone support is not helping, and finding a number is extremely tough.. Was just on automated hold that hung up after 25 minutes. I called back twice, was not even put on hold.

Resolved jack burned up and destroyed motherboard

This is all the information on MagicJack/YMAX for anyone that is needing it as of [protected] I will update this information and they up date it if you need more information on how to deal with Magicjack scam or if your a YMAX rep that reviews the posting of information please email me at [protected]@gmail.com

Primary: Mailing / PO Box

350 NORTH ST PAUL
DALLAS, TX 75201
Email: [protected]@ctadvantage.com

Resolved termination

Service was terminated "at their discretion." there is "no such thing as unlimited calls" we made over 200 calls on unit when we first installed it, then had to go through the process again in 90 days and our service was terminated (after about 75 calls) due to the number of calls. Even though their advertising states "unlimited calls" their terms of service states not over 50 a day. Talk about false advertising... Stay away. Second unit was terminated by magicjack the next day after 20 calls were placed within 90 minutes. These calls were not being done via an automated dialer. A real person sitting and calling our customers. This company (magicjack) does not want to work with companies.

• Kh
    khloee13 Sep 14, 2010

They turned it off because they thought you were using it either for a business or to do telemarketing . I am sure somewhere in their TOS they state you are not allowed to do that and they can disco the service if you do. I would look at getting a business phone line if I were you...that would take care of the problem

Resolved &pending& charges

I ordered their "free" "no charges" trial period for 30 days. 1 minute later there appeared a double charge in my bank account. There is no phone number to call and their customer service chat people are not allowed to give you a phone number. I finally found a number through the Better Business Bureau. It took 5 more days for the "pending" charges to be deleted from my account. All the time the Magic Jack people sustained that these pending charges would not be taken out of my balance until after the trial period. But my bank told me that in fact the charges were taken out of my available balance. There was absolutely NO INDICATION that my bank account would be charged, or a breakdown of the amount charged, or the fact that they can place the charge twice in the Magic Jack TV ad, their website. Their representatives kept denying that there would be charges.

Resolved calls break up

I recently purchased a Magic Jack and we love the concept but sometimes our calls break up on our end of the...

customer service, faulty product

I wish I had found this site before I purchased this thing! My first MagicJack was fried when we had a lightening storm. I sucked it up and paid for the shipping on a second one.

One month later, the magicJack failed again. I went to customer support, talked to three different agents, two of them "top 10% rating" (whatever THAT means!) and did the exact same stuff that the first "agent" walked me through. I was then told that the problem was from their new upgrade and that I would need to contact them at a later date. The agent very quickly ended the conversation. I spent 1 1/2 hours with them and got absolutely nowhere.

Today, I decided to try it one more time. Did the exact same stuff as last time with two different agents. When I said that I didn't have time for all of this and that I had to get to work, she ended the conversation. I have been without a phone for three days. I have a home-based business and completely relied on MagicJack to keep me connected. Three days without a phone!!! Ugh! I'm looking into other possibilities for inexpensive phone connection.

• Fr
    FrustratedInFlorida Aug 27, 2010

Been there done that. It has been uninstalled and reinstalled 7 times in two days. And yes, I do have surge protection. None of my other equipment quit working, just the magicJack. I also had the magicJack "agent" take control of my computer to do this. When she couldn't fix it, she asked me to try again later then disconnected our conversation. The bottom line is, I do not have hours at my disposal to uninstall then reinstall then uninstall and reinstall...

I agree that $20 a year is a major deal and because of that I put up with delay, warbling, echo etc.. without complaint. All I want is a new magicJack sent to me without having to pay for the shipping. I have only used this service for 6 months so far and already need my third magicJack? Seriously?

Resolved virus from customer support

I bought a Magic Jack to use from a local Walgreens on Baymeadows Rd and San Jose. I used the Magic Jack a...