Macy's / lack of customer service

I purchased something from Macy's totaling $200. and had a coupon stating $50 off purchase of $200. It also states sales and clearance (not in the same sentence). The attendance told me I could not use the coupon because it was only for sales and clearance items. My response was "you are giving additional saving on sales item and none on regular priced items?" I interpret the coupon to read sales and clearance are included since coupons are usually only applied to regularly priced item. However, they would not honor the coupon and I contacted Macy's by email more than 4 times and until today the only response I have gotten is the automatic response stating that a representative will contact me. Since I have not gotten a response, I will be returning the item and will not support Macy's since their customer service is definitely lacking some sort of courtesy.

Ja

Comments

• Po
      15th of Dec, 2010

It's sounds like you just assumed things. Why did you buy the item if the coupon could not be used with it?

• My
      10th of Feb, 2011

pobarjenkins - I agree. It's the same problem over and over again. People don't read the back of the coupon or ASK an associate BEFORE they get up to the register to explain the coupon. As a matter of fact, for anyone shopping at Macy's PLEASE understand that Everyday Values (items ending in $.98) are NOT eligible for coupons so you have to have $30, $50, $75, etc worth of items outside of those ending in $.98.

• Oi
      6th of Apr, 2011

[censored] read the coupon again! Coupons doesn't work on certain items for example: it does not work on fine jewelry, impulse department ( high ends expensive clothing, shoes or whatever), cosmetics, fragrances, handbags, and etc!