Lowe's Home Improvement / roof installation
We hired Lowe's to replace the roof on our home. Having the work guaranteed was important to us and they contractually guarantee their work. We paid $11K for the project. The installer removed the roof, threw the old roofing materials all over the lawn and left to complete other jobs he had started. This left the home open to the elements and when a tropical storm dumped 4" of rain in our area, it all ended up inside our home. We could not locate the roofer. After all the damage was done, we were told by a Lowe's representative that we needed to hire another roofer to close up the roof! "It is, after all, your investment. You need to find yourselves a roofer." We found one who was told by the store manager, district manager and Lowe's insurer (SRS) that he would be paid for his work two days after submitting his invoice. It is six months later and he is still not paid.
We are faced with hundreds of thousands in damages (11 rooms destroyed - house built in 1837), mold that is 317 times greater than outside samples taken and are not able to get Lowe's to honor their verbal or written agreements to "make it right." They will not take care of the mess they made and have hired a lawyer which means, I guess, that we must also.
More Lowe's Home Improvement Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowe's - personal check denial 
- Lowes (Vacaville, CA - wont help disabled people load
- Harbor Breeze - ceiling fan remote not responding 
- Lowe's - troy-bilt lawn edger 
- Lowes - lowes customer service