Lowes / firing

1 Cookeville, TN, United States Review updated:

Formality is not needed to respond to firing practice of your company employee over a pin promoting christmas. You sell and promote christmas for profit. The fact that one persons complaint can cause this woman to lose her job disgust me to the point that I and my company will no longer purchase thousands of dollars from your business. I and many others will not have our hard earned money support this anti american practice. Enjoy the past dollars of my money for you will see no more. I am also emailing all of my friends and fellow business associates and encourge them to follow suit. You make me sick, you are as bad as the china junk that you peddle. Good day

Comments

• Sc
      28th of Dec, 2008

- I bet no one would get fired for wearing a religious pin that wasn't a CHRISTIAN pin.

- Why can one particular religious group be offended, discriminated, or oppressed while others are off-limits.

- God forbid anyone get fired for a Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, or whatever else pin.

LOWE'S EXECS: Grow some stones!!! Quit allowing lawyers and special interest groups tell you how to run your business.

• Da
      30th of Dec, 2008

It is Christmas for Christ's sake!!! We will no longer shop at Lowes for the sorry way Christians are treated, talk about discrimanation, this is it big time. We are calling for all Christians to boycott your store and see how that works for you..

• Lo
      7th of Apr, 2009

That is ridiculous I work for Lowes.It is more behind this than meets the eye..IT TAKES MORE THAN A PIN TO GET FIRED

• Pa
      4th of May, 2010

Exclusively for the Lowe's worker. There is more to Lowe's than meets the eye and I am out to prove it. I hope you enjoy watching your stock and 401K plan go down with Lowe's stock.

I'M COMING, BECAUSE LOWE'S @@@@ED ME OVER! I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT, OH NO, I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT.

A better question - what didn't they do?
    Lowes Complaint by Patricia Romansky
    Violation of Policy, Retaliation, violation of Civil Rights, Loss Prevention, Stock Market, etc.

1. How many Lowe's employee's are directed to call the AlertLine with a complaint? Do you know that the AlertLine is actually Lowe's AlertLine?

2. From everyone's understanding of the Employee Manual, is it acceptable for a RTM Clerk to date a vendor?

3. Is it acceptable for the HR Manger to work at Lowe's when her father works for Home Depot?

4. Does the manual also state a zero tolerance for safety and harassment?

5. Are there not "Whistleblower" laws protecting the employee?

That's just a start. Comments from other employee's would be most appreciated. I'm being to feel like I don't understand the English language.

Be first to comment this article

Comments on A better question - what didn't they do?
    Consumer Forum is another great place to discuss consumer concerns NOT RELATED to this article.

Name: Patricia Romansky