Lowe's Consumer Credit Card / notification of decreased credit/poor customer service

Lowe's consumer credit cards
I have been a regular customer of Lowes since I bought my house in 2006. When we bought our washer/dryer there, we opened this account to take advantage of a discount and zero percent interest offer. Recently, I have finished graduate school and in the process of moving and waiting for my new paychecks, I fell behind, although probably not by many days. Apparently, the late fees piled up into a large $123 bill. I requested a return on the late fee, which they did. My bill which is usually a minimum payment of around 35 dollars was still about $90, which did not seem fair. I told the associate about my situation and like most of the people answering telepones for companies these days, she did not seem to care. I now recently received a statement saying that my credit limit was being decreased even after paying my bill. I am just letting people know that Lowe's consumer credit cards does not care about people and its association with the store makes it worse because I liked shopping there. I will never shop at Lowe's again, nor recommend it. Luckily, there is always Home Depot. I feel bad for them in these poor economic times. If they continue to treat people this way, they will be lucky to make it through.

-Concerned citizen

D  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
Its impotant to distinguish the credit issuer from the retailer in this scenario. I think you will find that the card is from GE Capital. This is the company that is reported to have a shrinking capital and is decreasing available credit lines across its more riskier card holders. Since you are behind occassionally that means YOU.

Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers Logo Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers
P.O. Box 1111