Lowes / bad customer service

Two things happened at Lowes which made me decide to never go back to this store. The first incident was when I was looking at shades, and saw one on the floor with unraveling fringe. I took it to the woman at the desk and told her, and she said, 'oh, yeah that happens with those, ' and never said another word to me, turned around and said, 'What can I do for you?' to one of her co-workers. RUDE! The second incident was Saturday when my husband and I were looking at appliances. Well, a worker walked right past us, and this was the SECOND employee who ignored us, and the woman--who walked right past us-- asked another couple if they would help them. Could it be because we were an 'older' couple, and they may have thought these were newlyweds and might be buying a lot more than we? At any rate they have lost 2 good customers. Their behavior was inexcusable, and I don't tolerate such treatment. I suppose the Lowe's employees feel secure that they will have a job forever...they won't with this kind of customer service, or more appropriately, with the LACK of customer service.

Ne

Comments

• Ac
      20th of Jun, 2011

You are a typical self centered customer. What did you expect her to say about the shade? You took it to her she said what it was a defect with those type of blinds. The second incident it was your choice NOT to ask for help. What do you think just because you are old that everyone should drop everything and cater to you? Honestly you are obviously someone who has never worked retail and has no clue. sadly to say everywhere you go you will be disappointed because you have absolutely no clue what is actually going on in a retail situation.

• Ra
      4th of Jul, 2018
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

@A Cahsier You are a damn idiot. Associates should acknowledge every customer within 10 feet of them even if they can't assist them immediately. Say hey and let them know someone will be with them shortly. I am in retail for over 20 tears.

• Ex
      10th of Nov, 2012

I have always been loyal to lowes but had 3 problems in one month. 1st we went to order new counter tops went on a Friday about 5:00 was told there was no one to help us and we would have to come back another day, that would be fine but live 45 min away. 2nd Ordered pergo special order flooring took about a week a to come in which was great but went to put it in on a Sat. and every box I opened about 3 pieces were busted one whole box edge was all cracked off. Third went in to buy appliances and was going to buy every thing for my kitchen I forgot my 10 percent off coupon I have been saving I asked the man if I could use it if I puled up the number and he went and asked and was told no, I said I am willing to buy everything tonight if I can get my 10 percent off and he responded oh well, So went up front on my way out and asked to talk to a manager to see if they were willing to lose that much money from us she would not even come to talk to us one of the ladies asked for her and when she was walking up the woman said there she is and she grabbed a young boy and told him to tell us no and she walked away and a young teenager came over and said she said no sorry but, you can pay the full price and get your coupon and bring the items back for a 10 percent refund. What ever happened to customer is always right? Like Donald Trump said it may take me 500 dollars to get a client but it will take 5000 to get them back. Needless to say end up buying my counter tops from a counter top place 2400, and bought my appliances from Pieratts that where awesome treated us very kind and ended up being cheaper than Lowes with their coupon. It takes a lot to upset me but this time Lowes really messed up I hope they straighten up or that location wont stay much longer.

26th of Apr, 2017

We have also been loyal to Lowe's but no more. The customer is no longer important. You are lucky you saw a Manager as the response at our store is "we have no help." We also went to Home Depot to buy counter tops and Ace Hardware and Menards in our area because the service was better. I was so disgusted today I called corporate and I personally feel that the management in the store needs to get his employees under control. Our store is located in a great area in Indiana and is known to be a financially strong store. I guess they know it will make money no matter what but If the complaints continue sooner or later it will fail. It's poor taste to run all these 10 and 11% off sales and have product high up on a shelf and not displayed because there is no one to either pull it down or assemble the product. How can a plastic plant pot go from 19.99 one week to 79.99 the next week? Ask Lowe's but remember..they have no help so there will be no one to answer the question. If there are carts all over the parking lot and you address it..remember without help they are allowed to be there to scratch your vehicle and that will be your problem not theirs. The worst thing that happened was there was NO ONE certified to drive a fork lift on a weekend everyone was buying mulch. My list goes on and on. I was also told it will be easier to shop the internet...might as well tell me to go away. Here's a good one..we ordered over 200.00 worth of wood and Lowe's called us and told us it was ready..We got there and they could not find the order! Lowe's better get it together; the competition is walking around with headsets and a mini computer and taking you where you need to be in the store. They know where the isles are and not responding.."I really have no idea where to look or yelling to another co worker to find the product so he/she can say "we don't have that that I know of."

• Su
      30th of Nov, 2017

LOWES Dublin is worst, there is hardly anyone at the store to assist, no one returns the phone call, even you 1800 445 6937 customer care number don't pick up the phone to receive the customer concerns... You guys have worst customer ethics... you guys don't have any respect for your customers and their valuable time... your employees don't have work ethics to follow up or own the responsibilities, what this says is LOWS management sucks they don't care or address these enormous complain in social media and here that people raise, either you guys are loading your employees with too much work or no proper support and training is given to them. Hardley none of the lowes employees know what they do or anything around the store, they run away from their task, hardly be around for customer in the gain store... its like getting scavenger hunt...

• Mm
      21st of Jan, 2018

Actually turned around to shop Lowe's today (we were on our way to Home Depot, another 15 minutes away when we remembered the newer store in the neighbourhood): what a mistake! Not only did they not have the item we were after in stock – they sell 5 or 6 different sizes but had only a couple available – but the only available staff in the department was tied up with a customer. I took a picture of the item in question, including the stock # / description before heading off to find assistance. I searched through every aisle, then nearer to the checkout area before I could find a red apron. I found someone who was not a hardware guy who told me we'd go find someone from the department. Encouraged, I followed him back through the hardware section and down to the end of an aisle, where another customer stopped to ask him a question. To my shock and dismay, he dropped our search and headed off with this new individual to help him with his quest!

*This* is how Lowe's treats its customers?!! We have only shopped Lowe's a handful of times and have had no problems there in the past but I definitely won't be back any time soon. Will also ensure that my contractor is not spending my $$ there for any current or future renovation projects.

• Te
      22nd of Feb, 2018

My complaint is with Lowes store #1592 in Plant City Florida and their policy or the policy set by the manager Teresa who I had a long conversation with. I was buying electrical #8 wire off their rotating rack. The rack did not have sufficient capacity left to fill my order. However, on the shelves sat about six 500 foot rolls of the wire. I asked that they take one of the rolls and replenish the rotating rack so I could get the footage that I needed to complete my job. NO was the answer. I was told they were not allowed to mix the shelf stock with the rack stock even though the UPC numbers and product numbers were the same. I was told I would have to travel over 20 miles to the next Lowes and get it from there. How STUPID! I asked when the rack would be replenished. They didn't know the answer. OK, what is the likelihood that they were going to sell six 500 foot rolls of #8 wire before the next shipment arrived? Almost ZERO. The store manager showed no consideration for the customer (me) at all. So, I wound up going to another store to get the wire I needed. HOME DEPOT!

• Ti
      21st of May, 2018

Long story short, there is no governance over any of the stores. And within each store, there are smaller "factions" of management that do what "they want to do". This has led to inconsistencies and "customer contempt" from management. Many of the employees, including management, I have talked to or watched them talk to other customers, was shameful.

Everything (absolutely everything) in Lowe's (and Home Depot) can be purchased either online, or at other stores, for example; hardware store, specialty store, lumber-yards, etc... Lowe's stores (and any stores like them) are merely repositories of multiple things that you can get elsewhere. Lowe's provides the convenience of having a lot of things in one store... but at a cost.

• Zo
      17th of Jun, 2018

Today is the worse experience with Lowe’s in local Quincy Ma!! I had 10% coupon in my phone. Asked prior purchase if I can use. Yes, perhaps their system some how doesn’t recognized. The manager Michelle and her senior Mgr Samuel refused to help. Heard another person said it is normal sometime doesn’t take just override it. They asked if I bring actual coupon but in 15 mins later told me a different story even if bring in /can’t scan and won’t help me. So what’s point. Called customer service complained Ashley asked store to resolve issue and manager Michelle still refuse. Hello, just coupon explained like a long story scam. Totally make nonsense! Definitely their customer service and management needs a big improvements.

23rd of Jul, 2018

Ordered online and have been calling for two hours to Lowe's in Fayetteville, Georgia, I keep getting transferred to the nowhere zone, no matter what extension, customer service answers after 10 minutes and transfers me to hold for hours. Does anyone answer phones there anymore? I don't want to drive all the way to the store if my order is not in.
    First I got an email that my order was in, than another saying it was not in, then another saying it was in and a call asking if I'd picked up my order, so confusing, I wanted confirmation before I headed out that my order was actually there. I'm still on hold as I write this.

• Ra
      23rd of Jul, 2018

@Marina Hutchinson Lowe's has decided to keep Jenifer Weber as an E.V.P of Human Resources according to publications. She should have gone in the C-level suit shakeup.

• Ki
      15th of Aug, 2018

The absolute worst company I have EVER dealt with!!! Absolutely no customer service and their " Executive Customer Relations caseworker is a bunch of B/S. # months and still my sliding glass door was left unfinished and installed incorrectly. Can not get anyone to tell me when someone will come out to fix it...NO ONE!!! It has been several calls a day. I am sooooo fed up...I WILL NOT STEP FOOT IN THIS STORE AGAIN!!! UNEXCUSABLE...They are getting rich and providing the worst customer service ever!!!

• Ci
      16th of Oct, 2018

I have been a Lowes customer for several years. They were my "go to" store for most of my hardware purchases. I also shop at Ace and Home Depot and can compare the service I receive at each store. I can say without fear of contradiction that the service I receive at Lowes is of the lowest and poorest quality among the competitors.
    I have observed over many visits that great customer service is the exception and not the rule. If you want an example of great customer service you don't have to go any further than any Publix supermarket in Florida. They represent the model of what customers expect and receive.
    It is my experience that many employees seem to be avoiding customers. I have seen this attitude in Walmart as well. I can only guess that the staff do not feel invested in the company and are just going through the motions. Mind you, I have also received good service on the odd occasion but as I said, that should be the norm.
    I can give several examples but I am limited by time and space. I have a Lowes card which I acquired to facilitate a major purchase but I use it sparingly and I have switched my buying choices to Home Depot and ACE where I have found that they are more attentive to customers' needs.
    I am surprised that Lowes continues to survive in the face of the poor customer service reviews I have read. Who knows, they may go the way of Sears and Kmart in the near future if more customers leave and their bottom line begins to suffer. if I were a shareholder, I would be worried and invest elsewhere...seriously.