Lowes / Bali Blinds / poor install experience with bali blinds

SH 121 and Custer
We bought our new home in June 2007 and needed blinds...then we made a huge mistake. We went to LOWES!! Since then we have been working to complete our blind order. After 5 visits to our home and multiple installs due to poor performance from BALI the manufacture we still are not finished. Four of the blinds are the wrong size and now BALI and LOWES are dragging their feet to make right the order. Now we are caught in a fingerpointing extravaganza and our blinds look terrible! The install dept LOST all our information pertaining to measurements, etc. We had to provide it back to them. The LOWES install dept and the installer (contracted out) are incompetent. The installer put the blinds in and didnt even mention it was the wrong size by about a foot and a half at the bottom. It was completely obvious this one blind was too big because it was stacked up at the bottom of the window. They have measured 4 times and still cant get their act together. Now BALI does not want to replace the blinds that dont fit even thought WE PAID a $35 measuring fee at the beginning to make sure we wouldnt have this problem. According to our contract they are under warranty still. We filed a complaint with corporate and submitted a poor rating on their company survey via mail but it still didnt do any good. If they dont fix this situation soon we with have no choice but to do a total tear out (if the scammers will allow it) with refund or hire an attorney. Please dont use this company for your home improvement needs especially if they try to seduce you with 15% off sales and a two week install. The money is not worth the stress and its now 8 months later. Cant say much better for BALI. Their product is inferior compared to Hunter Douglas. You definitely get what you pay for. Theres a special place in Hades for LOWES!

A  17th of Aug, 2012 by
Hsf problems form the initial install---motorized shades operate inconsistently and yesterday, 5 mos after install one stopped working completely
A  4th of Jun, 2013 by
We've just had a similar experience. Although I liked our installer, it was the order service person named Beth at the Lowes-Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga, TN, that has ordered our blinds wrong twice now. She was very rude and impatient from the beginning and that was my 'clue' that should have made me stop to begin with. I continued because my experience 9 months before in another state with Lowes and bali blinds was great. We can all make mistakes, even big costly ones, but my problem is with the integrity of Beth and her boss Angel who called me when the problem started. She and her boss tried to blame me! I knew what I wanted, told her in person and over the phone a couple times and so did the installer/measurer who 'I also paid' and he came to measure and order exactly what I told him I wanted. The ways they tried to manipulate me into admitting I was somehow at fault was appalling. When they had to 'eat' their problem and reorder at their own expense, Beth again ordered wrong. She ordered the wrong color this time...how do you change the color, when that never was the problem to begin with. Beth has proven incompetent in numerous ways at this point. We are still working to resolve this issue. I will never shop Lowes again and will tell everyone my story of not only their incompetence but their unwillingness to even compensate us or help us in any way with the headache they have caused!

Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers Logo Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers
P.O. Box 1111