Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty / they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work

1 NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 775 6937

Whirlpool refrigerator purchased at Lowe's, Sherman, TX, and was sold Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty by Lowe's sales person. Lowe's Advantage approved work to be done by Buddy's Plumbing and Appliances in Antlers, OK, on 11 Jan 2007. They promise to pay them for work done after each contact, however they have not been paid by Lowe's Advantage to date. Last spoke to Cory (Supervisor) at Lowe's Advantage today 02 Jan 2008, and was advised that I should not contact Lowe's Advantage again.

Comments

• Re
      31st of Jan, 2008

Funny, I have been trying to get a repair by Service Advantage for 5 weeks now, and when I finally started getting inpatient, a supervisor, Becky, informed that I should quit calling them and just wait til they get it worked out. So, I chose to call again and work with another supervisor. She "helped" me and made me believe that everything was great, and even scheduled a repair appointment and stated that m part was overnighted to the repair company. The date of the repair, the part has been delivered yet... suprised? Nope. I have called twice already and left messages to get this resolved, and no calls back so far. Does anyone know how to reach a manager there?

• Do
      2nd of Feb, 2008

From the customer end of Lowe's Service Advantage, I've been stuck with their failure to honor the protection plan, even with the original receipt and proper documentation.

I've found out that Lowes protection plan is farmed out to a third party company called: NEW Customer Service Companies, Inc., 22894 Pacific Blvd., Sterling, VA 20166, 800-533-7639. They hire home-based workers to handle their business. This is the reason people are have been told things such as don't call back.

The best solution I am able to think of is to contact the Secretary of State in VA and issue a formal complaint, as I am preparing to do.

NEW Corp. is a publicly traded company; very large. There are other ways they can be hurt. Use your imagination.

• Ol
      6th of Feb, 2008

They have done same with me. VERY VERY VERY bad service. It has been 9 months me calling but not getting the repair done. This is terrible!!!

Where is lows management.

• Bm
      23rd of Feb, 2008

I totally agree with the complaints listed on this site--I have problems similar to everyone else's. It was surprising to read Corey's name (Supervisor) since I just got off the phone with him after 29 minutes. He was rude, loud, and very unprofessional--he is not able to think independently of his policies, procedures, and content of the legal binding contract. (Which is the warranty I purchased.)
    Beside the complaint with the State Attorney General's office--what else can be done? My washer has been broken for 2 months now--I have had repairs that do not fix the problem--something else stops working! In two months I have been told they will replace the washer twice by two different people. After one repair my washer was taken to the repair shop--the washer was damaged when I got it back. The warranty company will not be responsible for the damage and neither will the repairman. AND the washer is still not working!
    Give me some ideas! I will pursue them with all I have.

• Ra
      15th of Mar, 2008

I agree.Lowes Advantage plan is a joke. Our front load washer has been down twice and this time its been 2 weeks since we were promised service. They say the parts are on order but the repair company wont even return my phone calls. Im talking about a front load GE washer.

• Ri
      19th of Mar, 2008

I just called this morning regarding a 1yr/1mo old GE dryer that quip. What I have read on this leads me to believe it is the motor- I also paid for the extended warranty (4 yr).
    Having been told that there is no service center near me, they will call me within the next 24 hours to arrange service...We'll see-

I am neutral on this right now, it is up to Lowe's to impress me...I never had any problems like this with all the "Brand K" products and the company that sell/services them...

It is up to Lowe's to keep a customer.

• Es
      19th of Mar, 2008

Lowes extended protection plan "service" is the worst service I have ever received. To date, to repair a simple leaky Whirlpool dishwasher, they have sent 3 different service companies who have installed 4 different parts and the dishwasher is still leaking.

It is now 4 months, and Lowes refuses to replace the dishwasher, and insists that I continue to make appointments until it can be repaired. When does it come to the point when Lowes will admit that they are abusing the implied warranty of their contract, and the statement that a replacement will be provided after 3 attempts to repair the same problem are made?

Lowes now needs to step up to the plate and replace the dishwasher.

By the way - Lowe's replacement policy is simply to send a check for the original purchase price of the equipment. They do not actually come to replace the applicance - just thought you would like to know.

DO NOT BUY LOWES EXTENDED PROTECTION PLAN - instead, but the manufacturer's extended plan - they can at least replace the applicance if they fail to fix it, and they know what they are doing (most likely anyway, certainly more than the Lowe's team)

Do me and yourself a favor - buy applicances from ABL (Anyone but Lowes).

• Lo
      20th of Mar, 2008

Occasionally consumers do not read the small print, which is frustrating to many employees simply because we want to make it right for the customer, but at certain points are hands are tied. For the no-lemon policy, which equals a gift card for the price of the product, plus taxes, and the price of the Extended Protection Plan, you must experience the same failure 3 times in a one year period, then we will replace it on the 4th identical failure. Now, if a technician comes out and deems the product unrepairable, that's a different story. We then submit it to the claims department which gets in touch with the service center and we then issue a gift card for the amounts spoken about in the no-lemon policy.

• Va
      10th of Jun, 2008
    Lowe's Home Improvement - No attendant available
    Lowe's Home Improvement
    www.lowes.com

There is a bad customer service in this local and only store in Laredo.

We waited for 30 mnts and nobody even showed up to attend us the store close and everybody was so annoying and just ignored us. I believe all are busy but then at the end they didn’t even have the god dam window that I was looking for at least they could say sorry or something, but no nothing that *** *** special if the stupid *** or manager was there. I work with people and I don’t act like that so is somebody is going to pay attention. I would really appreciated some nice people to attend us.

• Mi
      10th of Jul, 2008

The only way that NEW will not pay for service work is if the work orders are not given prior authorization for repairs, turn in tickets beyond the payment time frame or cosmetic damage. If people would read their plans they would see that Lowes Warranty is handled by a 3rd Party Advisor. Also, they dont hire "Home-Based" workers, unless you call every technician from TV to Appliance in your town "Home-Based". You people really should read what you buy.

• Lj
      15th of Jul, 2008

DON'T buy the Lowes Extended Warranty. We purchased the "premium" 5-year warranty. When we purchased all our appliances...washer, dryer, refrigerator, dish washer...we were told by Lowe's that they would register the warranty and that all we needed was our receipt if something went wrong with our appliances...WRONG...we have tried to get service in the past and Lowes believes in passing the buck...nothing is ever resolved. We ended up paying for our washer to get fixed. We are now trying to get the ice maker replaced on our refrigerator...no luck! Also, our dishwasher is broken...will probably just have to buy another one...NO MORE BUYING AT LOWES!

• Bu
      31st of Jul, 2008

three weeks of calls, and they can't even seem to set up anyone in Albuquerque to come repair the turntable in my micro hood.

I would have been better off taking the money and putting it in a savings account to pay for the stupid repair myself.

26th of Aug, 2008

I purchased a zero-turn lawn mower from Lowe's in June, 2007. It broke down July 5, 2008. As of today, August 26, I still have not had my mower repaired. I paid $400 for this worthless extended warranty. I just spoke with the supervisor at 88877Lowes, but of course he has no authority to help in any way shape or form, except to offer $25 as a way of saying I am sorry. Don't waste your time, people. Learn from those of us who have learned the hard way...Lowe's extended warranty is a joke and a waste of your money.

• Ro
      31st of Aug, 2008

Lowe's does not give customer a copy of the Extended Protection Plan at the time of item purchase, the NEW company doesn't mail any documents to customer either after the warranty plan is purchased. I filed claim on Maytag washer, contacted the New company. Service technician came to my home, He said that the transmission was defective.
    I received a store credit from Lowe's for the cost of washer plus sales tax to purchase new washer from Lowe's. I was told by Lowe's employee at time of purchase that Lowe's Extended Prtection Plan would pay for cost of parts and labor to repair washer if it was defective for a period of four years.
    As far as I am concerned the Lowe's employee committed sales fraud. All customers that are having problems with defective products purchased at Lowe's with Extended Protection Plans, should ban together and file class action law suit against Lowe's

• Sc
      1st of Sep, 2008

Boy I should have read this script prior to buying my riding lawnmower from Lowes. The salesperson talked me into their "amazing" warranty because if anything went wrong with the tractor, they would come to my home and fix it. Well, I get a flat tire the first week I have it and they're telling me that I have to call the manufacturer and schedule a time for ME to take it to a service center. So I'm extremely mad right now. Will be my last purchase from Lowe's no doubt about it!!

• Fr
      11th of Sep, 2008

I'm glad I'm not the only one out there having a serious problem with this "Advantage" group. It certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth concerning Lowe's purchases. However, I did call the Lowe's Customer Care number and lodge a complaint about the extended warranty program. The woman I spoke with did seem a little shocked that my washing machine was not fixed after a month! A month! I was told by the warranty customer service person that they couldn't do anything until it had been a month. At the month mark, they said they still couldn't do anything.

• Li
      7th of Oct, 2008

I agree w/ everyone on here, I wish I would of read this before hand! I have a yr old Cabrio the senor already went out. They make your appt and I just happened to call and confirm w/ the appliance ctr and they don't work p.m. hours! Now the center is having problems ordereing the parts. The appliance center got an attitude w/ me when I suggested maybe she pick up the phone if she can't order it on the computer. DAH??? I would like to see these people without their applicances working for 2 weeks or months. Yeah, Lowes is for the BIRDS!

• Am
      8th of Oct, 2008

I doubt any of you read your terms and conditions. Many of you don't even know how insurance/warranties/contracts work, but you'll ### and moan about the service that your not paying for. Next time, don't buy the plan, wait just as long for service, and pay for it yourself. The plan basically is there to pay for the service. I used to work for Service Advantage, and guess what... %90 of you hill billy ###s didn't know what you were covered for, or what you were actually entitled too. Thats not our fault, thats your fault, and to all of you who cry about not having a washer for a couple weeks, I'd just like to say F*CK YOU! I got so sick and tired of all you spoiled little Americans and your emotional sob fests. I don't care if you have 8 kids, I don't care if you mother is handicapped, nobody cares, go to an f'ing laundry mat like many other people do every day! The plan is not there to replace your machine because of YOUR situation, its not there to make special exceptions, EVERYONE wants a special exception, and you can go yell at the manufacturer's if it takes to long to get your parts, once again, not OUR problem! I don't give a damn where any of you go next time, but do all the call center people a break and just pay for service yourself. I've bought plans, and since I am an EDUCATED consumer, who takes the TIME to know what I'm buying, I've never had a problem getting things fixed through warranties or contracts.

18th of Oct, 2008

I have a Whirlpool oven that was purchased from Lowes with extened protection. It went out less than a year old and whirlpool fixed it within 2 weeks. Now it is less than two years old with the same problem. Had 1 appointment cancelled than after two weeks someone finally came it has been four weeks and apparently he cannot get the parts. Called Lowes they said they would have the parts overnighted but that has been almost a week ago. I will never buy appliances at Lowes again. If they are unable to get someone to repair the appliances they sell the protction plans for than they should not sell them.

• Sh
      20th of Nov, 2008

Totally agree, terrible customer service and Lowe's could care less about the customer. We have a Samsung dryer, a little over a year old with extended warranty...called Nov. 2nd and service came out Nov 4th, have been trying to get the correct part ever since. Then Lowes said they were going to replace the dryer...the next day changed to denied...so we are back to getting the correct part...NO customer service at all!!! I am totally frustrated--why can't they go outta business-- they deserve it...Supervisor Stacy does not call back when she says she will...then the service repairmen do not call back either-- everyone just ignores us until we call them, then different day different story...would value opions to our next option go get this resolved, but never ever buy an appliance from Lowe's ...terrible-!!! Now we are still waiting and it is Nov. 20th, they just do not care!!!