LG Electronics / lg refrigerator #lfc25760sw

1 PO Box 240007Huntsville, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 243-0000

We purchased a LG Refrigerator "French Door Style" model # LFC25760SW from Home Depot on 9/4/06 for $1, 500.00. Within nine months the two center Optibin crisper drawers collapsed. The drawers are only held up by a thin plastic framed upper shelf with a glass inset shelf. There is no center support between the drawers to support the drawers sufficiently. The drawers will not pull out unless you push up on the drawer and upper shelf with one hand while you pull it out with the other hand.
One of the optibin crisper flaps snapped off because it is made of thin plastic and the drawer is broken.

Also, the "faux" stainless steel door pulls scratch easily.

I have called and emailed LG about this and I have not gotten a response. First they did not return my first phone call, and then they did not return my email until I had to e-mail them again. I faxed them my purchase invoice twice and they said they still have not gotten it after 5 days.

LG is a poorly run company and is not set-up properly to do business in the USA. I suppose they do not want to do business in the USA because I'm sure all their call centers are in India or somewhere else, and the people who work there have no authority to actually resolve a problem but are instructed to give the consumer the run-around in hope's that the consumer will give up.

I also had a employee from Home Depot call and the person from LG said they have no record of my first call and I probably called the wrong number. (I called the 800 number on the front of the User Guide for the refrigerator). I would just like my money back so I can buy a GE refrigerator.

I suppose we deserve this by exporting all our manufacturing jobs overseas. I would like to buy a refrigerator that is made in the USA but I don't think one exists.

Ka

Comments

• Br
      15th of Mar, 2011

I have the same model LG Refridgerator. One of the Optibin top covers snapped off, along with all of the wheels that help support the underside of the Optibins. I also had to have the light on the inside of the fridge replaced since it melted and was actually a heat box when discovered. I am certain that had it remained like that for another few hours, there would have been a fire. The light was repaired and updated at no charge, despite the warranty having been expired. However, the fact remains that this is a poor quality refridgerator and I would be unlikely to recommend this brand to anyone. Hopefully they have made improvements since this version, focusing on quality parts.

• Di
      11th of Dec, 2011

I also have an LG French door refrigerator. Since it was new, the optibin drawers have been nothing but trouble. While under warranty the drawers were replaced twice. Now that I'm out of warranty, the entire shelf has broken and the drawers have never consistently stayed in their slides. This was obviously a poorly executed design from the start with substandard parts. Based on this experience, I refuse to buy any LG product and encourage anyone I speak to to do the same.