Kohl's / service

1 34289 Homestead rd Gurnee, IL, United States

I went to Kohl's in Gurnee, IL to use Kohl's cash that was going to expire the next day. I went to the cashier with the item I wanted to purchase and gave the cashier the coupon which the remaining balance of $8 was printed. She checked the balance and said "There is nothing in there". I was 100 % sure that I still had $8 left. Then the cashier said "It's deactivated" and waited for me to pay. The only reason I went to the store that day was to use the remaining balance. So I explained the cashier that I used it which means it was activated and the remaining balance is printed on the coupon, then asked"If I go to customer service, would they find out what happened to it?" The cashier said rudely " I don't know". I went ahead the customer service but within 2 seconds, went back to the cashier and asked " May I have your name?" She angrily and loudly YELLED "Sarah!!!" with extremely angry face. I asked for the store manager as soon as I went to the customer service. The manager showed up immediately and made my kohl's cash usable. He politely apologized and said "It was deactivated though." Though I appreciate that the manager solved the problem quickly, there was no explanation why my kohl's cash was deactivated. And it was the worst attitude of the cashier in my whole life and I am totally turned off. I had been shopping at Kohl's for 6 years and never had any bad experience, but now that I know it is 3rd class store, I will consider cancellation of the Kohl's charge and won't go back.

Re