Kmart / unfriendly cashier

1 KS, United States Review updated:

I don't know if Kmart ever has a policy of teaching their cashier's to be polite to the people they are serving. I've worked with the public, and I always believe common courtesy to the customer is the best thing a company can depend on to know their customer's will return. I'm sorry I didn't experience that today. I spent over 100.00 for school clothing for my granddaughter's, and almost just pushed them aside. I had trouble with the debit machine, and no help was offered me. K-MART, LISTEN UP!!! Teach your associates how to be polite. I can assure you, the customer's do really appreciate it!!!

Comments

• As
      9th of Oct, 2008

I have been on both sides of the counter-as a customer and as a cashier. I always found it interesting that customers feel they can say whatever they want to a cashier yet if a cashier does not treat them like a King or Queen they are called rude. Now, I wasn't there and I'm not necessarily saying this is the case with you.

Cashiers slave their assess off for minimum wage, get yelled at from everything from store prices, to a spill in the aisle to a store being out of a product. You name it, they have experienced it. While I was working with a training sign up to clearly indicate to customers that I was new and learning, I was yelled at, called stupid and useless and accused of holing up the line.

Next time a cashier is not Mary Sunshine (downright rude is another story) try to cut them some slack.