KFC - South Africa

Posted:

service was so terrible!

3.45
I was visiting south Africa from Ireland and we had kfc in east London, Vincent. Their service was so terrible, after phoning and laying a full complaint to the customer service i received a letter saying sorry and that was about it! Never mind all the crap i went threw in their shop just to get a meal. What happened to vouchers as good gesture!
Complaint comments Comments (206)    Updated: Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Fast Food Restaurants

Comments

N  3rd of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

KFC - Hot Springs, Arkansas - This place is horrible

KFC Airport Road Hot Springs Arkansas.

Sunday July 29,2007 at 2:30 pm.

Here is my complaint:

I am a senior citizen and eat out most every night.

1. When I ordered the girl was busy talking to the other worker. She dumped the change into my hand rudely and walked away as if I wasn't even there.

2. When I asked if they were going to put any fresh chicken on the Buffet she just looked at me and continued chatting with the asist. manager who was programing their cell phones. She then went over and THREW some chicken into the buffet pans from a bucket. She was obviously "put out".

3. While we were eating the employees where yelling at each other in the back, and walking around singing to the "ethnic" music that was blaring from the ceiling. This KFC caters to older people and usually has Oldies but Goodies playing, but not today.

4. We watched several employees walking around talking on their cell phones.

5. In front of the drink machine was a puddle of water on the floor. Rather than clean it up they just put a WET FLOOR SIGN near it. I hope the owner is ready to be sued because its an accident waiting to happen.

6. The cooking area in this KFC is always filthy as is most other areas of the building, especially the restrooms... pitiful.

7. There are a couple of really nice people working there but for the most part they are rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional. They often act like they resent you being there.

I'm hoping another KFC in the area starts offering a Buffet as this place is... horrible.
D  13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
If this person is under the impression that she got bad service - she must never go to KFC in Elarduspark. Firstly, the cashier taking our oderder thought it was fine if she scratched her nose while taking our order, secondly we got to the wrong order, which we discovered in the car, on returning to the KFC the manager helped us and promissed us that everthing was in order. Surprise, surprise, the order was not in order, that we unfortunately only found out when we reached hom (about 20 minutes from KFC). Previously they forgot to pack 4 powerades and a twister, which we also only found out at the house. This is really NOT GOOD for KFC"s reputation and needless to say, we shall NEVER shop there again.
N  16th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Hi.
My name is Waseem Ahmed. I m living in PietermarizBurg. I dont have any complain about KFC.
I want a fever from you. Could you please tell me KFC head office Tele Phone or Fax number. I am Interest to take KFC frenchise. or could you please tell me how to get KFC frenchise?

Tnx n B/R!
WASEEM AHMED.
(0027-82-9623264)
(0027-33-3426640) Fax
A  24th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I happen to work at a KFC, and i'm sorry for your experience. If you lived in calfornia, you would have had a much better day.
A  28th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I Had such bad KFC... the batter was under cooked and it tasted like chicken with baby powder on it! Benoni,
N  24th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Kentucky Fried Chicken - Wrong order...Bad management

I have never visited a worse restaurant than the one in Hillsboro , Ohio.
The girls from work and myself often order lunch , from local restaurants. One of 'the girls' is my manager , she placed the order over the phone. They said to give them 20 minutes so we gave them 35 minutes. When my co worker arrived they had no idea about the order. So , she gave them the same paper the orders were written on. They still got everything wrong. When she arrived back at our store , I called KFC and asked for the manager. The girl who answered the phone said she was the manager. Then she said she had taken the phone order from my manager. And that she had ordered what we were given. AND she wouldn't even appologize for the mistakes.!!!!!
If she had taken the order on the phone, why wasn't it ready? They couldn't even get it right when they read it right off the paper we had it written on.!! And WHY would a manager not even appologize. She even had the nerve to say MY manager lied ,' that's not what she ordered'.
NEVER will I visit that store again , until I know things have much changed...Like Management , if not ownership.
N  5th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
On the 3rd of November at 9:00pm after leaving a hospital my family decided on kfc for dinner.It was the Verulam kfc that we all went to.On arriving there was already a queue and quite a few cars at the drive-thru.But knowing that KFC is a quick dinner we waited, we waited about half an hour in the queue.when we eventually got to the front of the queue we were told that there was no chicken ready.We asked how long it would take, but got no answer. The staff were very unprofessional, they were literally grabbing the fried chickens as they were put on the trays.While the manager just sat in her office watching all this unfold.When asked why they did it, the reply was drive thru is more important. I really believe that something be done about this branch because i am not the only person who is unhappy.
A  18th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
On 11 November 2007 we went to KFC RUSTENBURG (Nelson Mandela Drive) to buy the new Chocolate Brownie Ice cream but was informed that they had no ice cream, so we left. On 18 November 2007 (7 DAYS LATER) we went to KFC RSUTENBURG (Nelson Mandela Drive) again to get a Chocolate Brownie ice cream and again got told that they had no ice cream so I said how is it possible as we were there last Sunday also and was told they had no ice cream. The assistant then told us the ice cream machine is broken. Now I ask, how could they not fix the problem in 7 days time??? We think it is pathetic to do nothing about the ice cream machine in 7 days!!! There is not poor service at KFC RUSTENBURG (Nelson Mandela Drive), there is in fact NO SERVICE!!!
A  30th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
We visited the MALELANE KFC yesterday for a meal the store was out of paper towels, saurces, packaging, bread rolls, utensils. Talking to the Manager we had no luck he was clueless and said he was new. KFC take your sign off the front of that franchise door it does not belong there. We looked around and found that most of the clients were black south africans, this is another form of service discrimination just because they are catering for black people mostly does not mean they have the right to give inferior service. I placed my complaint on the customer care on their website and this is the answer : This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

david.butler@yum.com

NICE ONE KFC what a disgrace!
A  11th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
The service that we recieve from the kfc branch in Meredale is extremely appalling. fristly the staff is unfriendly, they approch each customer as if they are doing us a favour by doing their jobs,the chicken is always very small ,seems like the branch in Meredale gets chicks only. Another thing that gets to me is the fact that the oil they use to fry the chicken in alway burnt,so the chicken tastes burnt ,I know this because i worked in a fast food place before.there is no use complaining to management because they as useless as the staff.Something need to be done .
N  28th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

KFC - Terrible service!
KFC
South Africa

On the 01/12/2007 @ roughly 8:00 – 9:30 I went to the KFC (corner Lenchen and Johnn Vorster Avenue) together with my friend and brother, when we reached the teller we asked her to approximate how much 2 barrels, 4 mash and gravy, 2 coleslaw and 6 chips would cost, she totaled it up on the system and it came to R378.80. thereafter she proceeded to pack the order starting with the chicken, after she had packed the chicken she came back for the cash and I had paid her R380.00. She Then proceeded to pack the rest of the order.

The attendant had given us 2 extra cloeslaw’s in error which I returned to her as this was the right thing to do.
I then took my Order and left KFC. As we were leaving the parking she ran to the car stating that we had not paid for the items, we then went to The store with the order and asked to see the manager who agreed that she would cash up the till in our presence to see if the cash was indeed taken. The assistant manager came out from the back area of KFC and without knowing what had transpired told us that we could not leave with the order until we paid for it. An argument ensued between us and the assistant manager and they retained the food that we had purchased, and they refused to do the cash up in our presence. Almost the entire staff got involved in the argument and not even the manager was level headed enough to just do the cash up ain`t order to settle the matter. Frustrated we proceeded to the Police Station to lay a complaint. While we were at the police station they received a call from KFC stating that 3 men were trying to rob the store and we were asked by the policemen to go back down to KFC and give a statement.

At KFC two police officers took down our statements and said that they could not do anything about it as they had no proof that either party was in the right. We reported the issue to KFC customer service Centre and we were told that the matter is under investigation and that they would get back to us. But until today no one has done so. As customers this is not the type of service we expect from an Internationally recognized Franchise. It stands to reason that the staff @ KFC are dishonest and would use any instance to their advantage in order to make a dishonest quick buck as they did not report the overage in their tills for that day.
A  20th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Well, On Saturday 19 Jan 2007, after 1pm... we went to KFC Rosemead avenue, Kenilworth, Cape town. Firstly, they charged me for 3 kiddies meal, and I ordered 1. Then they gave my son, one of the raelly old toy. The new ones.. the smart kids- toys are out. They guy at the window, said that's all we've got. He had a take it or leave it attitude. Firstly, those toys are not free, we pay for them. A result, we have to get out of the drive through, get parking and then I had to go and chat to the manager. Who then went to the back and got a selection of the new toys out, and we could choose the one we wanted.

It doesn't stop there. Didn't have a look at te kiddies meal nor the zingers we purchased.

The kiddies meal, was the one with the strip.. well, the size of the strip, was literally 7cm in length and 2 cm in width. And there were literally 8 chips in the packet. I counted them as it looked like the last of the chips had been put into the packet. And what kid doesn't have tomato sauce. NO Tomato sauce in the box either.

The zingers, were sweet chilli with chees and when we opend the boxes, the sweewt chilli sauce was all over the boxes... and the the chicken on 2 of them was really hardlike it had been refried.
KFC just ain't what it used to be..
N  15th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Put a rock through their front window.
N  19th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Pls help I'm interested in your frenchise pls help thaks. Lloyd.
N  24th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was at KFC IN CARLTON CENTRE CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT THEY TOOK my fries from the floor and put in my take away with hairs and stones in it.
N  7th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Looking through the complaints because interested in owning a franchise. Disgusting really. It will be hard for me to eat KFC again, let alone own a store!! Bunch of ignoramuses
N  8th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
no complient so forth. I need kfc's main office telephone numbers. I'm interested in taking it in my township... pls help.
A  22nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hi every body. Beg your pardon if my english could have some mystakes. I'm a french speaker and I'm trying to find any mail adress of KFC's direction in South-Africa.
N  15th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Kentucky Fried Chicken - Terrible service & quality!
Kentucky Fried Chicken
South Africa

KFC is according to me going down the drain with service and quality of their food!! We get KFC more than 3 times a month but after last night at a KFC in Brakpan I had it with raw and cold chips, chicken that if you bite it the blood is still present and most of all service from the people working at KFC!! We stood in the line for more than 30min just to get food that my dogs wont even eat...

Is it just me or are we paying more each time but get less??

I am really really fed up with the KFC in Brakpan!!!
A  6th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
About two weeks ago my sister ordered KFC in Ladysmith South Africa..the KFC in Lyell street..She ended up in hospital with severe food poisining..please pay that KFC branch a visit and do some serious inspections..because I know of a few people that fell ill after ordering food from there.

Thanks Melissa