KFC / poor customer service

1 Chicago, IL, United States

On November 7, 2016 I visited the Long John Silver/KFC restaurant located at 7445 S. Stony Island in Chicago. (The only one on the south side, which is a problem in itself). I received some of the worst customer service that I've ever received in my life. April, who I later found out was the manager, was very impatient when taking my order, which explains why she got it incorrect. When I went back into the restaurant (I had ordered through the drive thru with the intention of saving time) she was extremely rude. She got frustrated and screamed at me in front of other customers. I was outdone by her lack of professionalism and even more outdone that she was the manager setting a very poor example for the other employees. And instead of returning my order to me correct she snatched it and slammed my money down on the counter. And since there are no other restaurants on the entire south side of Chicago's African American neighborhood I was unable to go and make a purchase st another location. My daughter and I ended up st Hooter's instead. My younger daughter who was with me when I went inside to make the exchange asked me when we returned to the car if the manager was aware of the saying that the customer is always right. I did tell April that I knew her behavior would have been much better had she been servicing a more affluent community. It's unfortunate that poor African American communities receive poor customer service so often. Please address this matter and I would appreciate some correspondence to let me know how it was resolved. It may be a favor to her to place her in a position where she must find work elsewhere because she did seem to be quite unhappy in that position and I did let her know that I understood because for myself as an older woman in my 50s I wouldn't want to have to work at fast food and she looked to be around my age but it still doesn't excuse her actions. My phone number is [protected]. My email address is mrs.[protected]@gmail.com.
Awaiting your response,