KFC / insect in food!

1 South Africa Review updated:

Can someone please give me advice?? My complaint dates back to 31 March 2007. The chips I ordered at KFC Okovango branch in Brackenfell had an insect in it and when I took it back to the store, the assured me that Customer Services would collect it the next day for tests. I took photos of the chips as I wasn't convinced that the same chips would be sent for chips. They sent me a R60 voucher (that I have never and will never use). However, I heard nothing from them again with regards to the tests.

I phones the Call Center they use for their complaints and they said that they were still busy with the tests and the lady who answered said that coincidentally she is the person who handles the insect complaints and that she will sort it out. After hearing nothing from them for months, I posted complaints on Hellopeter website. They kept saying they would phone me, but never did. After having to make 3 complaints on there in a period of more than 3 months, I received a call from a guy by the name of Gary at the Call Center. He said according to him, the complaint was finalized as they sent me the pathetic R60 voucher and asked if I am the person who is continually making complaints on the website. I said yes!! - If they had phoned me as promised, I wouldn't have done that and that the voucher didn't mean it was finalized (What about the test they promised!!). He said that I should forget about it and that I will never receive the tests! He was even making light of the situations and when I asked to speak to his manager- he said that he is the manager. I then phoned the area manager (Morne) who was very polite and understanding. He asked me to send him the photos and that he would get back to me. HE phoned me a couple of months ago and told me again that the chips were lost but that they would do tests on the photos. He came back to me saying the photos weren't clear enough to be tested at the lab. He then gave me the nr of Nicci Rule saying that he discussed the matter with them at Yum Foods International. I sent her an email and she sent a very nice email apologizing and said that she passed the matter on to her staff as she is on holiday in Australia but that she would contact me as soon as she gets back. Her colleagues phoned me saying that they were going to do tests at the lab with a microscope and phoned me a couple of days later to say that the insect was unidentifiable and that the would send me the lab report. Two days later, the lab phoned to ask if they had sent the report. I said no and the lady said that she would send it. That was about a week ago. In the meantime I went to the actual store to ask to see the complaint logbook I had signed that evening as I wanted to see if Customer Services ever signed for collection of the chips ( you see- the two stories are contradicting- one says the chips were never collected and the other says they were collected but got lost) Anyways, I asked the new store manager, he went to the back of the store and after five minutes he came back saying the don't have such a thing as a log book!! (BUT I SIGNED ONE). He said that he spoke to the previous manager and she said they never had one. (I hope you see why I am even more worried at this point). Well, needless to say, I have never received the lab report and after 9 months of begging and pleading for answers, still nothing but contradicting meaningless stories. CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME SOME ADVICE? I AM NOT LEAVING THIS UNTIL I GET SOME ANSWERS FOR THIS WHOLE MESS!!!

So

Comments

Bi
  1st of Feb, 2008

The insect was supposed to be with the "meat"