Kentucky Fried Chicken / poisoned salmonella!

South Africa Review updated:
On Sunday 27th January 2008, I was visiting the Pavilion Shopping Centre in Durban. At 11h30 I bought myself a Jalapeno Twister from KFC. I did not eat anything else that day as I did not feel hungry. By 10pm that evening I was vomiting severely with watery diarrhea and acute stomach pains followed by temperatures and chills. My husband rushed me through to the doctor the following morning. It was established that seen as though the Twister was the only food I had eaten that day that was different to what the rest of the family had eaten, that I had developed Salmonella Poisoning. It is now 3 days later and still I am suffering bouts of nausea and have no appetite whatsoever. I know I will never be able to prove beyond a show of doubt that it was defiantly the KFC however I vow never to eat KFC again so long as I breathe fresh air.

Comments

Na
  15th of Apr, 2008
I totally agree with your symptoms. Two nights ago me and my family ate KFC from Miranda in Sydney and my daughter after asked to stay at her grandmothers which I allowed. During the night I kept coming in and out of my sleep and because I've been through this quite a few years back I knew what was to come. Not long after I was running to the toilet vomitting and diarrhea. My partner woke up asking if I was alright saying he did'nt feel right. He too started vomitting and diarhea in our 2nd bathroom. All through my mind I was hoping my daughter at her Grands was ok. Through a long morning of that and a twisting knot in our stomachs, sweats and chills we continued through the next day. Early that morning we got a phone call that my daughter had been throwing up all through the night. She came home and recouperated. Later that night she said to me "Mummy, every-time I thought of chicken I kept throwing up" ... My poor daughter. I can't imagine what a child has to go through when it's hard for parent's to go through the same thing. My day off I spent the whold day and night in bed. Today I'm at work and still feel buggered from it all. I've rung the services to complain and they asked if I had a doctors certificate... dam buggers. I should of kept the spew and diarhea for them to check.

Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] Logo Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC]