Kenmore Ultra Wash / Dishwasher

1 TN, United States Review updated:

What EXACTLY is the dishwasher doing wrong? Is it leaving food residue, not draining or not cleaning the dishes to your standards? How old is the machine, what kind of loads do you put in, how long have you had the machine (did you buy it new or was it a used machine)? All this information is necessary for someone else to be able to provide you with any possible causes and fixes.

Comments

• Pa
      5th of Nov, 2008

Exactly 4 years ago, I purchased a Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash Dishwasher. I made myself use it at least once every couple of weeks to keep it in good shape, i.e. I was told to do this by the installer. A couple of months ago, the the dishes were just not washed well, i.e. my lipstick on a glass didn't even come off! I refused to pay the minimum $70 service charge from Sears so had anothe company come out. The service person told me that the problem was caused by a design flaw in this appliance and that he saw this a lot with this dishwasher. I was told that it had a weak pump and would cost $450 to repair this lemon that originally cost $699.98. I will be buying another dishwasher and will never as long as I live by another appliance from Sears. I was happy to see there was a least a website where I could vent. I also plan to forward this info to Consumer Report and anywhere else I can find.

• If
      26th of May, 2009

mine just quit working. will not turn on. It is getting power - lights on switchboard work - except for the start button. 665.1384