Having problems with Kenmore?

+1 844 553 6667 (Kenmore Product Questions)
+1 800 549 4505 (Retail Customer Care)
+1 800 326 8738 (Sears Product Installation)
+1 800 366 7278 (Sears Parts Direct Inquiries)
+1 888 820 3350 (Sears Appliance Repair)
8330 Hansen Rd
Houston, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

Kenmore Front Load Washerthese washers should have been recalled

Kenmore Front Load Washer - this wash machine has mold that continually builds up behind the door gasket and I believe around the drum itself. I have tried to keep it clean but to no avail, our towels smell something awful. I have called Sears 3 times, but only get a runaround, the only option they provide is to have a technician come out ($59.00) and diagnose the problem, which I already know. Then for another charge, they will run a solution through the washer to rid it of the mold, which will return, of course. I filed a complaint with a Sears "executive officer" (who has no power to do a thing about my dilemma) and she said that logging my complaint is all they will do. I asked if I should be expecting a call or a letter from someone and she said "no". These washers should have been recalled.

• Re
      reindeer May 09, 2011

I had the same problem it was a Kenmore front loader. Towels smell like mold disgusting, they sent me another washer, same problem, Now bigger problems pump burnt out only after a year and two months and could have been electrocuted, sears wont fix it, eventhough it is faultly!!!

Charlotte Rockwood Mar 21, 2012

I bought my machine in 2004. Have had smelling problem all along! Last year july had pump replaced, sounded like airplane taking off. So I bought protection agreement. Then in oct started doing the same thing again.So repairman came out again, put in over 1200 dollars in parts. sub basket and 2 sub tub oute etc. Yesterday March 20, 2012 came back out doing same thing once again. And smells like burning. Need same parts 1241.87 ONCE AGAIN. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.What can we do! My agreement is done in july then I HAVE 9O DAYS then I'm sunk! If prob happens again. They might give me 500 dollars toward new washer. Will talk to sup tomorow morn. Needs recall now mine is model [protected].

Kenmore poor quality

I purchased a Kenmore Model 5263200 (Frigidaire ) side by side refrigerator for $1135.53 on 7/30/02. It had a 5yr warrenty from Sears. After two years the Sears repairman had to replace the compressor. Parts warrentied but it cost me $235 plus tax for labor plus $300 in spoiled food. Three years after that the compressor went again and the service call was $81.28 plus another $300 in spoiled food. The Sears repair said it would cost me somewhere over $700 for a new compressor because my warrenty expired a couple of months prior.
    When I emailed Sears, there was response was more or less "too bad, you should have purchased an extended warrenty". If I knew that this was a lemon I would have done so. I believe that the first repairman did not seal the tubing properly and the freon slowly leaked causing higher than normal temperatures.

Kenmore He 3t — washer

In July '04 we purchased the Kenmore Washer at Sears based on Consumer's Reports recommendation...

Kenmore Elite Microwavesad piece of crap

This is just the latest in the saga of this sad piece of crap. This will be the sixth (I think) service call. During the convection cook cycle the unit went belly up. No reboot. DOA. Prediction: unit will have to come down for repair and only one serviceman will be sent requiring a reschedule which will result in the same thing. On the third visit I will be told I must remove new stove underneath first. This will be difficult for me to take and I will remove the microwave by myself and throw it into the front yard in front of them. Never will purchase appliance from Sears again. I hate Kenmore problems.

Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator — no cold air in freezer

We purchased the Kenmore Trio Elite Refrigerator in early 2005. Two months later, the ice-maker was not...

Kenmore Oven — beware! don't burn your house!

On Sunday May 27, 2007, I turned my Sears Kenmore oven on to preheat so I could bake cookies. I left the room...

Kenmore Elite Washing Machinesears washing machine exploded!

Our $800 Kenmore Elite washing machine died after 13 months. Since it had a 12 month warranty the Sears people didn't take any responsibility - even though we had called them 3 months earlier to report the problem (the agitator came loose from the machine and would come out when the clothes were removed). They told us the repair would be $550, plus it cost $55 to have their service guy come out and say "yup, it's all screwed up". When the agitator came apart during a wash / spin, it spewed a dozen parts, and punched holes in the top of the drum. It made a loud enough noise that it scared my daughter! We called the Sears customer "service" people, got the run around, had to call many times, and the best they'd offer was 10% off the price of the repair - which basically meant that the service call was no charge.

I will never buy another thing from Sears as long as I live. Don't buy a Kenmore, unless you have money to waste.

• Am
            AMIT PATEL Apr 16, 2008

KENMORE ELITE WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER SUCKS... THAT'S ALL I AM GONNA SAY. B/C DORR HANDLE CAME OFF AFTER YEAR AND HALF. NOW THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT... THEY ASK ME TO BUY NEW ONE B/C IT'S ON SALE.. I AM NOT SPENDING A DIME MORE ON ANY OF KENMORE PRODUCT.

Kenmore Grillnever buy from sears!

Purchased a Kenmore Gas Grill 4-5 years ago. The grill worked great for about 1 month. From that point forward it has been nothing but a nightmare. The regulator has been replaced almost yearly now. The frustrating part is two fold.

1) The fact that the regulator continually has to be replaced.

2) When the regulator has to be replaced, it takes almost 1 month for this to happen as they have to schedule someone to come evaluate it (1 week) then order the part (2 weeks) after I already told them what it was, then schedule the install (another 1 week) so now 1/3 of my usable summer bbq time is used up.

I have asked multiple times that they just replace the grill and they refuse. I am at the point where I will take it to the nearest sears and chain it to a lamppost with a sign that reads "Do Not Buy Anything From Sears".

I have explained to them that if they will not replace the grill, I will convince people to pass on buying from sears just one time and that by doing this they will eventually loose MUCH more money than if they just replaced the grill.

Now to keep with my promise to Sears, I am asking that the next time you think about purchasing from Sears, Think about this message and buy elsewhere.

Kenmore Elite He4buying this product was a mistake!

I bought this machine in 2004. The machine worked well for about a year. Then the F signals starting to show up. I did some research on the internet. I found that many people were having the same problems I was experiencing. The door lock. After I my high efficiency washer broke down, I no longer had an efficient washing method. We have to spend $30.00 a visit to the laundry mat. I also have to spend money on this machine to get fixed. Sears rips us off for service calls. And who knows if they will get it fixed. We have 6 people in our family and the Kenmore machine is not living up to its expectations. Please do not buy this product. It will be a big mistake. Do your research on the internet and you will find the same results.

• St
                Stephan Bachman Apr 06, 2011

I bought this machine last year. It worked for one year. And just when the warranty expired we started having problems with the door lock and panel signals. I had to call the Sears service people three times which cost us money. While I waited for the fix I also had to wash my cloth in a local laundry mat. I already spent half the cost of the machine on the service calls and laundry, and I wish I did my research first on this machine. I found many people on the internet complaining about this particular model.

Kenmore / Power Miser — sears's faulty product

I purchased a townhome in 1995. The thing is that an A. O. Smith 40 gallon gas water heater was installed by...

Kenmore Sewing Machineworst sears story ever and continues

Sears Store and Sears Departments Referred to: Sears Store -Crystal River, Fl. / Repair Services-Cincinnati, Ohio / National Customer Service-Sears.com / Protection Agreement Department/Office CEO Alywin B Lewis-Chicago, ILL

RE: Kenmore Embroidery Sewing Machine-sent in for gen. maint. returned in pieces/missing parts/ damaged. Every department I come in contact with at Sears has failed me and I still do not have a working machine this date-May 2, 2007-6 wks. later.

March 20, 2007: I dropped my Kenmore Embroidery Sewing Machine off for Gen. Maintenance at the Sears Crystal, River, Fl., to return April 6, 2007.

April 7, 2007: Called the store and was told the machine was sent to a wrong repair location, machine returned to store and sat until I called April 7th. The supervisor (Frank) promised to re-send the machine out overnight express to Ohio repair. I questioned why was the machine sent to wrong location and sat on shelf so long before I called?

April 12, 2007: I sent an email to Sears National Customer Service via Sears.com with a complaint regarding the machine being shipped to wrong repair location, sat on the store shelf and why no one called to explain delay in service. Received a generic computerized return email regarding scheduling my home repair with a # to call if questions. Since home repair did not apply to my complaint I called the 800# listed in the email in an attempt to talk to a service representative with the following results: I was on hold for an exceptional long time - when the service rep came on the phone I explained the situation and was asked for my name, address etc. and switched me to another service rep-I again explained the situation-was put on hold and was transferred to another service rep who then sent my call to the Florida Repair line -again waited -then when the rep came on and I again explained the situation -she advised me she had no idea why I was transferred to her and told me to call the store where I dropped my repair off-I told her that was the problem why I was calling-she then told me to call [protected]. I tried the number and realized it took me back where I was at, so I returned to Sears Customer Support on- line and sent another complaint/message.

April 13, 2007: Sent another email to Sears Customer Support including the following statement:What is going on with Sears? This is the worse customer service I have ever had and am about to go on the internet and air my views/frustration, as this is insane and not what I expected from Sears.

April 14, 2007: I received another generic response ( I assume from the email above) from Customer Support ( Mary J) that if I had questions to contact [protected]. I responded back to Mary J. stating it was insulting to receive a "canned" response, when I was contacting Sears with a problem, still had a machine somewhere and I needed help. I asked her to please contact me -never received response!

April 20, 2007: I contacted the store manager (Maurice Hammond) to see if the machine had come back, was advised it came in the night before. I went over to pick up my machine and upon opening the machine (while still in the repair area with Frank, the repair supervisor) noticed my hoop was not there and the plate over the bobbin (which should have been screwed on-missing screw) fell off. Upon further exam the entire bobbin unit was missing, the unit that the sewing feet are attached and misc other parts. Frank advised he had packaged the machine the 2nd time it was sent out and the hoop was there as he remembered sending it. I was offered 20% off the current Kenmore Elite (which is a cheaper emb. machine) plus I would still get my parts-did not consider-too upset to think. An inventory was made of the parts, repair was contacted and after 2 hours I was told to take my non-working machine home. I was promised all parts would be sent out Monday overnight arriving at my address Tuesday,April 24th. After getting it home I noticed the machine case was scratched and the machine itself was damaged. I also got a flashlight and looked in the machine observing lint and did not feel the machine was serviced. I called Sears, spoke with Frank, advised him of the condition and he again said not to worry they were taking care of everything. I wanted to show the machine to the store manager and was told he would be in later on Monday. On MondayI took the machine back to Sears to talk with the store manager and show him the machine. I was told not to worry everything would be made right and I would be taken care of. I expressed my concern regarding the condition/mis-use of the machine and it's computer parts rather it would be in working condition when the parts finally arrived and/or in the future causing problems/errors to occur. It appears the machine had been dropped or extreme misuse for the scratches to appear on the machine (& case) while in Sears possession. I was reassured not to worry everything would be taken care of.

April 24, 2007; Approx. 3PM we received a call from Willie (repair -Ohio) my husband answered and I picked up the extension and heard Willie asking my husband if the parts had arrived yet and that he was calling to check. My husband told him no and asked how they were sent. My husband was advised by UPS. No package arrived this date as promised.

April 25, 2007; I called the store as soon as the store opened and advised Frank (repair supervisor-local store) the parts had not been delivered. Frank would check on it. A short time later I then received a phone call from John Davis who identified himself as the supervisor from repair where the machine had been sent. I told him the parts had not been delivered as promised and he advised the order had been cancelled. He then wanted to know exactly what I was missing; I started explaining and then told him to contact either Frank or Mr. Hammond as they had the parts list. He also asked me to again explain the sequence of events that had transpired. By this time my patience is becoming limited as I have gone over this and was told by the local store manager that he was taking care of it. Mr. Davis advised me the machine arrived on April 12 and was returned to the store on the 13th –the next day. He also stated the machine arrived with missing parts and on and on saying the store sent the machine to repair in the condition it was in. He then told me the parts would not arrive until April 30, 2007. I told him this was ludicrous as I was promised the parts delivered the previous day plus Willie who is in the same location as Davis said the parts had been shipped. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I told him about the scratches and my concern regarding the care of my machine while Sears had it in it’s possession since March 20th and the lack of service. I questioned him how the machine could be serviced as the machine is computerized to not run without the bobbin unit or the machine in tact. I cannot test it now as it will not function without the bobbin unit. I received an answer somewhat indicating they would use spare parts but were not concerned with the machine being sent in with missing parts/nor questioned it. He was very clearly blaming the local store for the problems. I expressed by displeasure at this whole experience and have literally had it and can not believe anything coming from any of the Sears representatives to be the truth as one says one thing and a different department something else. I also told him right now I feel Sears owes me the parts plus a new embroidery sewing machine comparative to mine. He told me he could not make that decision.

I then called Mr. Hammond the store manager back and related all the above information including the fact that now it appears repair is claiming the machine arrived with missing parts and my promised parts (that did not arrive on April 24th) will not be delivered to me until April 30th.

I also advised I was questioning the time structure of the events. I was told the machine would be sent out by overnight delivery on April 9th to reparir for service, which means the delivery should have arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio April 10. Mr. Davis (Ohio)tells me they received it on the 12th and sent it back to Crystal River on the 13th but I called the 20th to check on the machine and was told it came in the night before. Obviously, there is a problem with overnight mail or one of the locations did not send or receive the machine as they indicated. I also advised Mr. Hammond I had filed complaints with National Complaint on line almost 2 weeks before as I was also extremely unhappy with the repair area. Mr. Hammond advised they would just contact him but that he had not received any information nor had he been contacted ref. to any complaints.

I then called the Protection Agreement Division and advised the rep I wanted to cancel my Protection Agreement on my Kenmore Embroidery Sewing Machine. I was asked why and explained the situation, plus that I would no longer trust sending this machine back or any machine into repair He put me on hold and then when he returned said he had repair on the phone and they had ordered my foot petal. My foot petal was not missing and I told him they had me confused with someone else-on-hold I went. He came back and said they still said it was foot petal and he could get repair on the line with me. I told him I did not want to talk to repair but would talk with his supervisor or someone over repair- I was refused plus he had no idea who/what department was over repair. I was told by the rep that if I cancel the agreement the parts would most likely not be covered under the agreement and would be billed to me. I told him the parts were not under the agreement that they were stolen/lost and I wanted to cancel the agreement. He finally did tell me he would cancel the agreement after my insistence to do so. I did get another number to call to the National Customer Service as I wanted it noted what he said about the agreement not covering the missing parts.

I then called the number he gave me [protected]) for complaints and talked to Annette (ext. 12356) who took the information down. I advised I wished to file a complaint on the Protection Agreement Division due to the fact that the rep told me I would most likely be billed for the parts that were missing/stolen. I also advised her of all the problems /complaints that I had called/emailed and I still wanted to talk to a supervisor. Annette advised she would talk to her supervisor and call me back-never received a call that day or thereafter.

April 26 2007: Sent 8 page fax to National Customer Relations filing a written complaint.

April 27, 2007: I received a small box of misc parts -(2) duplicate bobbin plates ( which were not missing), the missing screw, duplicate foot attachment (piece the feet attach to the machine which was missing), (2) duplicate foot # A (was missing) package needles, package bobbins, felt for under thread holder (no thread holder) and another piece of the foot attachment that was still on machine (did not need).

I called the local store, advised Frank of the delivery, receiving not needed parts and he stated more boxes were coming.

April 30, 2007: Received a call from a lady stating she was from Sears National Complaints and was calling in regards to my fax. She stated she was going to forward me to the Executive Offices of Sears (Texas), could I please hold. An individual came on the line and I asked her if the lady that had forwarded the call also forwarded my fax or explained my position. She advised she had been told but she had told the caller she was the home repair not drop of repair division (Exec. Office) the lady who transferred me to her stated that was ok and hung up and she felt I had been "dumped" on her. So I ended up in the wrong department again and National Complaints can say they forwarded my complaint. Unfortunately, the lady in the Exec Office did not get the caller/ladies name who did the transfer nor did I as it all happened so fast. The lady in the Exec. Office told me it was not her area but she was nice enough to say she would try to forward it on.

I then sent another fax to the National Complaint to: the Supervisor with the above info and requesting someone to contact me for resolution.

Received a UPS delivery containing a new cover for my machine to replace the scratched cover.

May 1, 2007: Received a small envelope containing missing embroidery foot.

May 2, 2007: I was given an email contact for Janome ( the manufacturer of my machine) by a member of the Kenmore Yahoo group. Sent an email yesterday May 1, giving details , attachments of complaints/fax info asking for help. The Janome contact-Toshi Takayasu - Managing Director- Janome. the manufacture of my machine. I did receive and email back stating; " Thank you very much for your e-mail. As I am not in a position to involve in your situation, I will forward this to the people at Jamac, Inc., which is the supplier of Sears Kenmore sewing machines. You can reach them by calling at 1-877-SEWING-U. I called the number listed and it is no longer a listed number.

Received a large envelope in the mail from Sears with parts list no explanation???

In conclusion: Today is Wednesday, May 2, 2007 and my machine is still not usable 6 weeks later. I paid extra dollars for a Protection Agreement to have this service (General Maintenance), not for my machine to be damaged and parts lost/stolen. I still won't know until the parts arrive if my machine will operate. Even if it does run, the machine has been abused-maybe dropped to obtain the scratches to both the case and head of the machine. I will continue to worry if there has been any damage to create future errors in the program. Would you feel comfortable if your pc was returned damaged with missing/stolen parts?

My machine was in “like-new” condition when it was dropped off , as I had not used it since purchase as I had returned to the workforce and it sat without use , plus I took exceptional care of it. I have been obtaining thousands of designs, joined several sewing Yahoo groups and was excited to begin to embroidery for my grandchildren, etc.

The initial cost of this machine when it was new was close to $2000 plus we bought the cabinet, the re/writer programs and some disc.

All I have heard from the store manager is that "not to worry everything will be taken care". When?

I have dealt with more departments than I care to think about with lack of customer service. I have gone through extreme turmoil and time attempting to resolve this.

The local Sears store missed up by shipping it to the wrong location and letting it set on the shelf before re-sending it back out but the repair/service end and Customer Service have abused the situation. I do not feel my machine was stripped of parts in the local store –that makes no sense. The parts that are missing are the items that would have been taken out under maintenance like the screw that holds the bobbin unit in tack, the whole bobbin unit, and the feet and attachments that are missing are used in the embroidery and regular setting positions. The misc. items left in the storage area of the machine are the items including feet that are used for optional sewing. The automatic bottom whole foot, the overedge foot, the blind hem foot and the straight stitch foot were left in the machine. The part to attach the feet to the machine was missing, along with the embroidery foot and other misc feet. If someone was taking them, why not all of attachments and why the screw and bobbin unit? I would think that if the machine were lacking the mechanisms to make it run supporting the computer components someone would have made a phone call to check on it. Somewhere along the line while my machine was in the possession of Sears it was abused to obtain the scratches to both the case and the machine. I feel the repair/service area lied not only to me but the local store that the parts would be sent out as stated and receiving 2 calls from 2 different people in the repair department contradicting each other is ludicrous and unfair to the customer.

The National (web link) customer service has been totally non-functional to me, sending out generic messages to pacify my complaints is disastrous with no follow-up. As I stated above, no one from the customer service even contacted the store manager and I have been in customer service as well as executive director in my field and understand the importance of individual contact, especially when a customer has gone beyond measures to resolve the issue.

I am so disappointed and frustrated with Sears service at this point I will no longer consider Sears for purchases other than Kenmore parts if not able to locate them elsewhere. The good reputation and confidence in Sears is diminishing with the lack of customer support.

I have had personal contact with Sears staff, sent email complaints and sent several faxes with no results. My only recourse after this compliant is to go beyond Sears and voice my displeasure. I can no longer continue to harvest this frustration with Sears staff as it is taking me no where. I was looking forward to working on the items I had promised for grandchildren birthdays but am only dealing with frustration and am now looking at a machine that is not usable, been misused and missing parts.

My machine is not in the same excellent condition it was in when it was sent in for maintenance and will never be even when the missing/stolen parts are finally sent.

Sears Store -Crystal River, Fl. / Repair Services, Cincinnati, Ohio / National Customer Service-Sears.com / Protection Agreement Department / Office CEO Alywin B Lewis

RE: Kenmore Embroidery Sewing Machine-sent in for gen. maint. returned in pieces / missing parts / damaged. Every department I come in contact with Sears has failed me and I still do not have a working machine this date-May 2, 2007-6 wks. later.

March 20, 2007; I dropped my Kenmore Embroidery Sewing Machine off for Gen. Maintenance at the Sears Crystal, River, Fl., to return April 6, 2007.

April 7, 2007: Called the store and was told the machine was sent to a wrong repair location, ret. to the store and sat until I called April 7th.(when I called). The supervisor (Frank) promised to re-send the machine out overnight express to Ohio repair. I questioned why was the machine sent to wrong location and sit on shelf so long before I called?

April 12, 2007; I sent an email to Sears National Customer Service via Sears.com with a complaint regarding the machine being shipped to wrong repair location, sat on the store shelf and why no one called to explain delay in service. Received a generic computerized return email regarding scheduling my home repair with a # to call if questions. Since home repair did not apply to my complaint I called the 800# listed in the email in an attempt to talk to a service representative with the following results: I was on hold for an exceptional long time - when the service rep came on the phone I explained the situation and asked if the tracking number listed on the email would help-she advised no but asked for my name, address etc. and switched me to another service rep-I again explained the situation-was put on hold and was transferred to another service rep who then sent my call to the Florida Repair line -again waited -then when the rep came on and I again explained the situation -she advised me she had no idea why I was transferred to her and told me to call the store where I dropped my repair off-I told her that was the problem why I was calling-she then told me to call [protected]. I tried the number waited for an operator, was running out of time so I returned to Sears Customer Support on- line and sent another complaint/message.

April 13, 2007; Sent another email to Sears Customer Support including the following statement:What is going on with Sears? This is the worse customer service I have ever had and am about to go on the internet and air my views/frustration, as this is insane and not what I expected from Sears.

April 14,2007; I received another generic response from Customer Support ( Mary J) that if I had questions to contact [protected]. I responded back to Mary J. stating it was insulting to receive a "canned" response, when I was contacting Sears with a problem, still had a machine somewhere and I needed help. I asked her to please contact me -never received response!

April 20, 2007; I contacted the store manager (Maurice Hammond) to see if the machine had come back, was advised it came in the night before. I went over to pick up my machine and upon opening the machine (while still in the repair area with Frank, the repair supervisor) noticed my hoop was not there and the plate over the bobbin (which should have been screwed on) fell off. Upon further exam the entire bobbin unit was missing, the unit that the sewing feet are attached and misc other parts. Frank advised he had packaged the machine the 2nd time it was sent out and the hoop was there as he remembered sending it. I was offered 20% off the current Kenmore Elite (which is a cheaper emb machine) plus I would still get my parts-did not consider-too upset to think. An inventory was made of the parts, repair was contacted and after 2 hours I was able to leave with my non-working machine. I was promised all parts would be sent out Monday overnight arriving at my address April 24th. After getting it home I noticed the machine case was scratched and the machine itself was damaged. I also got a flashlight and looked in the machine observing lint and did not feel the machine was serviced. I called Sears, spoke with Frank, advised him of the condition and he again said not to worry they were taking care of everything. I also put the machine back in the car and returned to Sears to talk with the store manager. I was told not to worry everything would be made right and I would be taken care of. I expressed my concern regarding the condition/mis-use of the machine and it's computer parts rather it would be in working condition when the parts finally arrived and/or in the future causing problems/errors to occur. It appears the machine had been dropped or extreme misuse for the scratches to appear on the machine while in Sears possession. I was reassured not to worry everything would be taken care of.

April 25, 2007; I called the store as soon as the store opened and advised Frank (repair supervisor-local store) the parts had not been delivered. Frank would check on it. A short time later I then received a phone call from John Davis who identified himself as the supervisor from repair where the machine had been sent. I told him the parts had not been delivered as promised and he advised the order had been cancelled. He then wanted to know exactly what I was missing; I started explaining and then told him to contact either Frank or Mr. Hammond as they had the parts list. He also asked me to again explain the sequence of events that had transpired. By this time my patience is becoming limited as I have gone over this and was told by the local store manager that he was taking care of it. Mr. Davis advised me the machine arrived on April 12 and was returned to the store on the 13th –the next day. He also stated the machine arrived with missing parts and on and on saying the store sent the machine to repair in the condition it was in. He then told me the parts would not arrive until April 30, 2007. I told him this was ludicrous as I was promised the parts delivered the previous day plus Willie who is in the same location as Davis said the parts had been shipped. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I told him about the scratches and my concern regarding the care of my machine while Sears had it in it’s possession since March 20th and the lack of service. I questioned him how the machine could be serviced as the machine is computerized to not run without the bobbin unit or the machine in tact. I cannot test it now as it will not function without the bobbin unit. I received an answer somewhat indicating they would use spare parts but were not concerned with the machine being sent in with missing parts/nor questioned it. He was very clearly blaming the local store for the problems. I expressed by displeasure at this whole experience and have literally had it and can not believe anything coming from any of the Sears representatives to be the truth as one says one thing and a different department something else. I also told him right now I feel Sears owes me the parts plus a new embroidery sewing machine.comparative to mine. He told me he could not make that decision.

I then called Mr. Hammond the store manager back and related all the above information including the fact that now it appears repair is stating the machine arrived with missing parts and my promised parts (that did not arrive on April 24th) will not be here until April 30th.

I also advised I was questioning the time structure of the events. I was told the machine would be sent out by overnight delivery on April 9th which means the delivery should have been on the 10th in Cincinnati, Ohio at repair. Mr. Davis tells me they received it on the 12th and sent it back to Crystal River on the 13th but I called the 20th to check on the machine and it came in the night before. Obviously, there is a problem with overnight mail or one of the locations did not send or receive the machine as they indicated. I also advised Mr. Hammond I had filed complaints with National Complaint on line almost 2 weeks before as I was also extremely unhappy with the repair area. Mr. Hammond advised they would just contact him but that he had not received any information nor had he been contacted ref. to any complaints.

I then called the Protection Agreement Division and advised the rep I wanted to cancel my Protection Agreement on Kenmore Embroidery Sewing Machine. I was asked why and explained the situation, plus that I would no longer trust sending this machine back or any machine into repair He put me on hold and then when he returned said he had repair on the phone and they had ordered my foot petal. My foot petal was not missing and I told him they had me confused with someone else-on-hold I went. He came back and said they still said it was foot petal and he could get repair on the line with me. I told him I did not want to talk to repair but would talk with his supervisor or someone over repair- I was refused plus he had no idea who/what department was over repair. I was told by the rep that if I cancel the agreement the parts would most likely not be covered under the agreement and would be billed to me. I told him the parts were not under the agreement that they were stolen and I wanted to cancel the agreement. He finally did tell me he would cancel the agreement after my insistence to do so. I did get another number to call to the National Customer Service as I wanted it noted what he said about the agreement not covering the missing parts.

April 27, 2007: I received a small box of misc parts -duplicate (2) bobbin plates ( which were not missing), the missing screw, duplicate foot attachment (piece the feet attach to the machine which was missing), duplicate (2) foot # A (was missing) package needles, package bobbins, felt for under thread holder (no thread holder) and another piece of the foot attachment that was still on machine (did not need).

I called the local store and advised Frank of the delivery he stated more boxes were coming.

April 30, 2007: Received a call from a lady stating she was from Sears National Complaints and was calling in regards to my fax. She stated she was going to forward me to the Executive Offices of Sears, could I please hold. An individual came on the line and I asked her if the lady that had forwarded the call forwarded my fax or explained my position. She advised she had been told but she had told the caller she was the home repair not drop of repair division (Exec. Office) the lady who transferred me to her stated that was ok and hung up and she felt I had been "dumped" on her. So I ended up in the wrong department again and National Complaints can say they forwarded my complaint. Unfortunately, the lady in the Exec Office did not get the caller/ladies name who did the transfer nor did I as it all happened so fast. The lady in the Exec. Office told me it was not her area but she was nice enough to say she would try to forward it on.

I then sent another fax the National Complaint to the Supervisor with the above info and requesting someone to contact me for resolution.

May 1, 2007: Received a small envelope containing missing embroidery foot

Looked on web for CEO of Sears & found Fax number. Attempted to fax complaint info to CEO/Sears Holding Office. Fax rejected, number no longer a working number. Contacted another 800# number found in Sears Holding for CEO, Alywin B. Lewis. Reached a switch board operator who advised the CEO of Sears no longer has a listed Fax available nor is there a number to contact to anyone in that division, as well as no email. Obviously, there is no way to try to reach the top of Sears for help-must not want to be bothered!

My machine was in “like-new” condition when it was dropped off , as I had not used it since purchase as I had returned to the workforce and it sat without use , plus I take exceptional care of my I have been obtaining thousands of designs, joined several sewing Yahoo groups and was excited to begin to embroidery for my grandchildren, etc.

The local Sears store missed up by shipping it to the wrong location and letting it set on the shelf before re-sending it back out but the repair/service end and Customer Service has abused the situation. I do not feel my machine was stripped of parts in the local store –that makes no sense. The parts that are missing are the items that would have been taken out under maintenance like the screw that holds the bobbin unit in tack, the whole bobbin unit, and the feet and attachments that are missing are used in the embroidery and regular setting positions. The misc. items left in the storage area of the machine are the items including feet that are used for optional sewing. The automatic bottom whole foot, the overedge foot, the blind hem foot and the straight stitch foot were left in the machine. The part to attach the feet to the machine was missing, along with the embroidery foot and other misc feet. If someone was taking them, why not all of attachments and why the screw and bobbin unit? I would think that if the machine were lacking the mechanisms to make it run supporting the computer components someone would have made a phone call to check on it.. Somewhere along the line while my machine was in the possession of Sear it was abused to obtain the scratches to both the case and the machine. I feel the repair/service area lied not only to me but the local store that the parts would be sent out as stated and receiving 2 calls from 2 different people in the repair department contradicting each other is ludicrous and unfair to the customer

PA Anspach

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher — do not buy kenmore products!

I purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher barely over 1 year ago. We had our fist problem less than 5 months after...

Kenmore Electric Range — fire hazard stove!

Back in 4/05 i had dinner baking in oven, and the broiler turned on, could not turn it off. The only way to...

Kenmore Ovensevered tendon in finger!

My Kenmore oven tore my 1.5 mo baby's finger down to the bone....hard to find anyone to speak to so call me. I have emergency room records. not looking for a law suit, perhaps w/bills ensured.

Chris [protected]

• Al
                    Almeras May 04, 2007

Why was your 1.5 month old baby playing with an oven?

• Te
                    Teresa W Dec 26, 2008

Kenmore Range Model 790.95301
                    Posted: 2008-12-26 by Teresa W

Could have burned our house down

Complaint Rating:
                    I was amazed to see how many people have had this problem with their Kenmore oven. This Christmas almost proved to be the last one for me, my husband, and son. I was up late preparing Christmas dinner for our family. I had spent 3 days thawing, brining, and getting a 20 pound turkey ready for baking. I placed the turkey in the oven preheated to 325 degrees at 1:00 am in our downstairs kitchen. We then went to bed for a few hours sleep. At about 4:30 am, I was awakened by the smell of the turkey baking but I went back to sleep for about 20 minutes. The next time I woke up, the smell was much stronger and didn't smell quite right. When I opened the door of our bedroom, I could smell the smoke and hear the smoke alarm coming from downstairs. Our smoke alarm upstairs was not going off yet. I ran downstairs to find the bottom level of the house full of smoke. The black smoke was pouring from the oven and I could see the element on the bottom of the stove glowing red through the glass window in the oven door. The control panel was flashing F1 and the alarm was going off along with the smoke detector. I turned the oven off and then opened the doors and windows to try to clear the smoke. I then returned to the stove and noticed it had turned itself right back on, the element was still glowing red and the F1 alarm was back on. I turned it off again and it again turned itself back on. By this time I was frantic and scared to death and ran upstairs to get my husband out of bed to help me. I showed him again that when I turned the oven off that it just turned itself right back on. He had to turn the breaker off. Thank God that I smelled this because we did not hear the smoke alarm. Our turkey was "cremated", but we are alive. If the house had caught fire with us sleeping in the level above, we wouldn't have had a chance to escape. I know this is long, but I would like to try to warn everybody out there to never, never, never trust this range/oven. I am furious to see that this many complaints have been made and that there has been nothing in the news. I had no idea! I will never use this stove again, it is destined for disposal. We will file formal complaints with both Sears and Consumer Protection. For now, we have made sure to call all our family to tell them how much we love them, because you never know if you will ever be seeing them again. All for a stupid, faulty stove that they don't have the decency to recall. Is there no sense of respect for human life out there anymore. Keep safe out there!

• Ka
                    Katholmes Oct 01, 2010

I have replaced the ERC panel on my Kenmore stove twice.I was experiencing the same issues.Oven or broiler would turn on full blast and the only way to shut it down was to unplug or turn off breaker.2nd ERC fried on 9/30/10. Just purchased new stove.Will not buy any Kenmore products.

• Ca
                    CATLADY 1 Jul 09, 2013

Just a warning: I'm not sure if a piece is missing off of my oven door or if it's just built the way it is, but I had the oven door open, and proceeded to walk around the corner of the door to go to the sink. I thought I had just bumped my shin on the door, when in fact I had torn a large gash in my leg and had blood streaming down my leg all over my kitchen carpet. The corner of the door is so dangerously sharp that it still had a pretty large chunk of my skin stuck in the corner of the door when I got home from the hospital. I now have 17 staples in my leg and missing work.

I shutter to think if it had been a child's face.
                    KENMORE-YOU NEED BETTER QUALITY CONTROL. I HAVE NEVER BEEN AFRAID TO BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS, UNTIL NOW.

Kenmore Furnace — unprofessional, unreliable and unresponsive to consumer's needs customer service

My husband and I purchased a furnace in January of 2006 from Sears. We got several estimates but being newly...

Kenmore Trio Elite Refrigerator$2000 refrigerator break down in only 2.5 years!

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator in April 2004. This weekend we were hearing loud thumping noises coming from the refrigerator and earlier that afternoon, the top refrigerator portion of the unit died. While the freezer works, the top half of the unit does not. Needless to say, I called 1-800-4my-home to get service as quickly as possible. I mentioned since this unit was only 2.5 years old it should all be under warranty . Although the manual states differently regarding the coolant, compressor parts, are warrantied for 5 years according to the manual that came with the refrigerator. I made the appointment on Saturday for that Tuesday. My husband took off of work waiting for repair because they had confirmed that someone would be there between 8am-12noon. At 11:00am I called my husband to see if they had arrived. They had not. Concerned I called the Sears 1-800-4my-home number to check on it. Lo and behold, there was no appointment in their schedule to service our refrigerator, even after I emphasized the phone attendant to confirm Tuesday morning through noon. When I asked that they come out as soon as possible (it's been 4 days now), they said nothing was available that all they could do it put me on a waiting list for a cancellation but Friday morning (now 1 week later) had been put on the schedule for us.

My concern is #1 why would a $2000 refrigerator break down in only 2.5 years?
                  Concern #2 -- are Kenmore appliances that bad that their service schedule is so jammed packed where you have to wait a week?
                  Concern #3 -- Why do they not know what the warranty reads in the manual?

Loss - 4 hours of work/time out of the office and no food for the refrigerator...

Less than happy with the product and with the service. I'd go elsewhere next time.

• Ly
                      Lynn Lozano Jun 26, 2007

I had the same exact experience. Fridge was 1 yr. and 3 months old when we came home to smell smoke in the house. The fridge was not working, but the freezer was. Eventually the freezer stopped too. Sears scheduled an appointment for repair, but when they didn't show, I called the 1-800-4-my-home number again and the automatic answer indicated I had an appointment for that day. Wanting to speak with a "real" person I called back and circumvented the auto answer, at which point I was advised that I was not scheduled for another 2-weeks. When they finally came, it was the fan motor, which when I check online is about a $25.00 part, but which they charged me $286.00 to repair. Additionally, I have found that there have been 26,000 of these units, produced by various manufacturers, that have been recalled as "hazards"... Guess what... For the fan! Sears is trying to tell me they have not had a recall??

• Pa
                      Patrick Rainwater Jun 29, 2007

Wow, its pretty hard to believe but I had that same problem. The day was bad enough and when I arrived home, I smelt smoke. I was not sure what is was and I did not hear the smoke alarm so after about 30 minutes i realized that it was the refrigerator. I was appalled because it was approx. 1 and 1/2 years old and I paid close to $2000.00 so naturally i expected it to work fine. So, I called the 1-800-4-my-home help line and the wait was many, many hours and I did not have the time. So before work tomorrow I called and oddly enough they answered. They were completely unhelpful. (Years earlier i had called for service on another product and they had an emergency # but where did that go?)So I asked for the emergency # and the man said,"... We never had an emergency number... The talking went on and finally i scheduled an appointment for one of the upcoming days and I was not trustworthy of them so I called the next day to verify "... O, yes sir, the repair specialist will be there...". Well the day came and i took of work to direct them and what do you know the NEVER showed up, not even a phone call! So I was completely furious with them and called and made them come the next day, they finally did. When they got there the trouble continued. They were trying to convince me that there was never a recall so I showed them the website and they were still unconvinced. So when the started the repair they discovered that it was the fan and they wanted to charge about $300.00 for it. Luckily, with some sort of luck i convinced them to drop the charges.(Of course after hours on the phone and with the repair "specialist") Sadly ya'll did have to pay... but all I know is that I will never by another Kemore ever again.

Kenmore Whispertone Canister — hose replace

I purchased this about 12 yrs ago. I need to replace the hose. We bought a new hose at the repair center but...