Jpmorgan Chase / broke terms of agreement

JP Morgan Chase Bank
P O Box 15928
I accepted Chase Bank's offer for a Life of the Loan on Balance Transfer which was 4.9% APR, at 2% against a Balance that I am averaging $30.00 to $35.00 a mo pymt. They BROKE the terms and now are charging me $96.00 a mo pymt and added on to that a $10.00 service fee that gets added into the 11.99% APR bracket(On statement Sent to me shows this) for a total of $106.00 a mo pymt. The way I was told by the Very Rude Rep when I stated why since I am in good standing and have an excellent Credit score and rating has my pymt jumped up so high? she stated "the economy is bad right now and we need to get our money back fast". she said you still have the 4.9% APR but we will NOT drop the pymt's back to original amt and you will pay the $10.00 service fee. I stated that I am on a strict budget and have a household and family to support and a good number of other debts and this would ruin me financially and since I have a total of 7 cards with you (them) that they bought from other banks, if they do this to the rest I will have no choice but to file Bankruptcy. I cannot afford this pymt as I demanded to speak to a Suprv she stated that she was the only one I would be dealng with, NO! these are the terms and If I did not have anything else to talk about she was going to hang up. I have filed Major Complaints with the FTC and the BBB and now awaiting Outcome. But pymt is due next week and if they continue on these Loan Shark type tactics and not work with me all that I have worked for over the last 30 years is gone as I out of Chase creating this Demonistic hardship will lose all to bankruptcy. I now will Contact the National News Networks. Towards the end she stated I will bring pymtn back down but will raise the APR to 7.9% APR good unitl 2011 and you will still incur the srvice fee, after 2011 you will inccur the purchase rate at the time which right now is doulbe digits which is only putting off the inevitable. I can understand of I was in default but on the contrary I am retired and suffering my own hardships which now includes being a 24/7 Caregiver for my Stroke patient Mother. Chase is not only unfair but acting like Criminals in their dealings with the public (me) and will not go with out due attention of those in Authority who Regulate the banking industry. I am researching the Dept of Treasury for a Complaint section to Notify the Feds of this.

A  21st of Aug, 2010 by
I, too, have had Chase break a number of their own agreements. The local newspaper consumer watchdog has recommended that you contact the agency that regulates Chase Bank (which is perhaps the OCC). Chase has ignored inquiries from my attorney, state attorney general, BBB, and severak certified letters from me as well as several actual visits to the local Chase Bank.

These people are NOT to be trusted, and they 500-lb gorilla-ing others (clients) around with apparent impunity. I didn't even open my account with Chase -- they inherited it from WAMU, then refused to let me close that account with a positive balance. They have allowed unauthorized debits from my account + low-balance fees & penalties that have now rendered my account negative even though I withdrew no money from it.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank