Jo Ann Fabric / horrible store!

1 Madison, WI, United States

I seldom go to Joann Fabrics, I have never had a "great" experience in any of their Chicago stores- I find other places to buy my fabrics and notions. I am a fashion student, so I sew constantly. I was visiting a friend in madison, Wi and wanted to help her w/ a project. We went to Joann's big store on the westside - and from the minute we got in there it was a hellish experience! They must have just had a district or some kind of manager visit, that's all the employees were concerned about- and it must have been BAD! The managers were standing around talking about the visit and letting HUGE lines form at the counter for fabric cutting- after waiting 30 minutes, we FINALLY got 2 pieces of stuff cut- then went to the check out and long lines again... I complained to the cashier, she just rolled her eyes and said "that's the way it is around her all the time" - and that she was looking for another job! I asked to speak to a manager, but when they radio'd her, she was "too busy" on a phone call- I waited 5 minutes for a differant manager, but nobody ever came. This is the end- I am telling everyone I know to stay out of Joanns-- worst stores ever.