JC Penney Company / deceptive sales practices and inept service

East Brunswick, NJ, United States

I am totally done! I ordered two table lamps and a floor lamp online during the Columbus Day "sale". After the sale, they were $40 cheaper! Since they were delivered separately, I had schlep to the store twice to return the lamps to get the better price. Tonight I found out they credited me the cheaper price on the return of the table lamps - not the higher price that I actually paid. The jcp.com manger I spoke with via telephone told me I have to go back to the store again for the FOURTH time (the replacement floor lamp was delivered to the store, not home as it should have been) to get the proper credit. The JCP credit card card company's automated system does not even recognize that I HAve an active account. AND when I tried to file an online complaint to JCP.com, I hit "send" after composing a message that fit within their limited characters requirements and it returned an error message that mine can't be delivered on their busy server. No kidding. I do 90% of my shopping between JCP and Amazon. I no longer have any incentive to purchase at JCP much less retain them as my one and only store card. This long term relationship is over.

Ka