Intelius Subscription / unauthorized deduction of us$ 19.95

Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-974-1563

I bough a one time report from them that costed Us$ 4.95. I've never subscribed for any additional services, but because of that transaction they have my card number. Today when I went to check my acount, the charge is there, to be effective today - US$19.95 for a subscription that I did not authorize and I did not request.

Nadia Pinkerton
Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.
Na

Comments

Ha
  10th of Nov, 2008
Who do these people think they are !!! I will sue the ### out of them.
This Is a complete scam and the internet provider is just as responsible for this !!!
YOU WIL PAY FOR YOUR INTERNET FRAUD!!!
Ma
  21st of Nov, 2008
My account was just charged without authorization for $19.95.!!! This is crap!!!
Jo
  28th of Nov, 2008
They are a bunch of crooks!

I just saw a charge on my bank for 19.95 that happened yesterday.
I only did a number lookup once last week and now I' being charged for subscription?
I just tried to call them and the voicemail said due to increment weathcer condiditon, our
customer server reps are unavailable to help me. Call back tomorrow.

What a scam.

I advice anyone not to use there service becuase once they have your credit card, they have it for life
unless you change it.
Ta
  25th of Feb, 2009
i dont remember doin anythin wit this stuff but it is on my bank statement.. So someone needs to get this straight and give me back my 19.95...
Li
  28th of Feb, 2009
I too, just noticed a $19.95 Charge on my bank account that I did not authorize nor use this service. I did use intelius ONE time for a reverse phone number look up. It was on my account, I paid it, and that SHOULD HAVE been the end. Who and where can I put in a complaint on this charge? Can someone advise me please?
Ih
  15th of Apr, 2009
I too have one and was very careful to select "NO" to all the offers. I am disputing the charges through Capital One as I looked up a phone number (reverse phone lookup) for about $5 ($4.95 or $5.95) and suddenly got it with a $19.95 charge each month and now have to dispute it. Sad thing is that even though I closed my account with Capital One and opened a new one, they migrate the charge to the new account. I hate to have to close my account entirely with the credit card company but it almost leaves me with no choice due to this fraud. You would think that a large corporate like Capital One would step up to people like this so A) they would be left holding the bad or wasting $ trying to defend us over a $20 charge and B) wouldn't want to lose decent customers over crap like this. Maybe because so many people don't pay attention to it and let it go they make money... oh well. Sorry, I am an informed consumer/credit card holder.

Intelius Logo Intelius