Inteliusterrible experience

L

I requested enrollment in the Farmers Identity Shield thru my Farmers agent, Paul Volz [protected], Ashland Or. It is to be part of my homeowner policy [protected]. On August 22 2008 I rec'd a letter from Farmers giving me activation instructions. Today I tried following the instructions:

1.open internet browser window - www.myfarmersidentityshield.com,
2. enter user name (given in letter),
3.enter temp password (given in letter),
4. confirm acct profile,
5. follow quick steps to ensure identity,

At this point when I clicked on "continue" an error message appeared and I was instructed to call a phone number, which I did. At this point I was given a series of menus-none of which seemed to apply to my situation, therefore, I kept choosing #1. I was finally connected to a male employee who had no understanding of why I was calling, even after I tried explaining two times. He told me that if I wished to purchase a report I would need a credit card number. I again explained that I was doing a link to my homeowner policy therefore I did not believe I needed a credit card number. At this point he said he was going to transfer me to someone who might know about the Farmers program. I was on hold on my cell phone for 15 minutes before I hung up. I don't know if this is an isolated incident or if happens on a regular basis, but enrolling in the Farmers Identity Shield should not be this hard or frustrating.

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Oct 16, 2009

If you need further assistance with the set up of your Farmer's account, please call [protected].

• My
    Myra Welbourne Oct 06, 2008

I give up - Have spent hours trying to get on this link.

• Kf
    K. Fox Aug 14, 2009

I too have been trying to get on this site at which time I read the above complaint. I automatically called my Farmers agent and inquired about this service. I asked if I was being charged for this since the letter stated "Thank you for purchasing Farmers Identity Shield". My agent said it's a new service that just came out and it is a part of your homeowner's policy if your policy is over $30, 000. There's not supposed to be an additional charge and no one should be asking for a credit card number. She asked me to drop the letter by her office next week, which I will do and she is going to do a little investigation into this matter. As soon as I have more information I will gladly share it with all of you.

• Ra
    raykat Nov 30, 2010

I'm reading that this has been a problem for over 2 years????? I've been trying to "On line register for FULL BENEFITS" for 45 minutes now and all it's gotten me is total frustration. Is this "Benefits" thing just a way to increase our premium or to make the package look better even though it doesn't exist??? When I bought the policy I thought it was a great little added plus from Farmer's...but now I know it's just a joke!!!