[Resolved] Intelius Subscriptionunauthorized cc deduction

R

Another ripoff/scam. I have disputed this $19.95 charge with my cresit card company. This is a disgrace!

• Intelius's response · Oct 16, 2009

If you need billing assistance, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius's response · Oct 27, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Resolution Statement

• Gi
    gina Oct 07, 2008

I have disputed this $19.95 charge with my credit card company every month.

Chuck Rowland Oct 09, 2008

The same thing was done to me. I did not sign up for their on going service and found that they are taking money from my account. The information they supplied me on my request for a party was wrong. Not even the right name. RIP OFF>

• Pa
    patricia Oct 14, 2008

I have also disputed this $19.95 charge with my bank. I did not sign up for the on going service and i would like to have it terminated. It's truly a rip off.

Lisa Oct 18, 2008

Charged my account $19.95 a month without my knowledge.

chris dagg Oct 20, 2008

didnt sign up for it and want my credit card reinburse.

mary pardue Oct 25, 2008

i do not want this, i dont even know what it is. please do not take any more money from my credit card

• He
    heather gurkey Oct 27, 2008

i hate the program never used it and dont understand why u keep trying to take 20.00 out

CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION NOW AND EMAIL ME ASAP
    I DONT WANT ANYMORE MONEY TOOK OUT for this stupid program i have never used

Anthony Oct 30, 2008

Yes, same thing happening here. This is a terrible situation and completely fraudulent. They did not make anyone aware of a 19.95 monthly charge.

• Ly
    Lyle Nov 01, 2008

I was under the impression that this was a one time only - one day only use. This is a rip off scam!!! I have been being charges $19.95/month also, how do these people get away with ripping people off???

• To
    Tom English Nov 02, 2008

if you took a minute to read fine print you probably would understand why you are being charged. be more observant and make sure you read the policy and terms of service. why do you think they ask for your credit card info to begin with. come on people.

Sabrina Nov 10, 2008

Well we thought they were asking for our credit card numbers because it is suppossed to be a one time charge of $2.95 to locate someone if you only have a phone number. They have been charging my credit card for months and I am still having a time trying to get it resolved. Tom English may be you should get off your high horse and quit acting like this is everyone else that has caused this problem and not Intelius.

• Pe
    pe Nov 15, 2008

what the hell is this ### i did not sign up for this ### and they are taking 19.95 out of my account

• La
    Laura Barron Nov 18, 2008

Charged 19.95 a month without my authorization. Two payments have been taken out and I have canceled my credit card to stop this in the future. I'm requesting my money back or I will dispute it with the bank to get this money back

• Ea
    EARL CRAIG Nov 18, 2008

INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD $19.95 WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION HOW CAN I STOP THIS WITHOUT CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD ??

• Cj
    CJ Nov 23, 2008

I had applied for a trial subscription for Identity Protect through Intelius. I had cancelled the Identity Protect and still received a charge for 19.99 the following month for the Identity Protect subscription. I will also be cancelling my credit card so I avoid any further unauthorized transactions through Intelius.

• Tm
    tmm Jan 03, 2009

Has anyone figured out how to stop unauthorized deductions by Intelius without having to cancel your credit card?

• Qu
    QUAZZY Jan 07, 2009

all you ever have to do is read the terms and conditions of the site and you will understand better

• Em
    Emma Jan 08, 2009

Go through your bank. Thats what I did. They put a dispute in and take the money back off of them as its unauthorized.

anm238 Jan 16, 2009

I too got taken for a ride by these thieves. I am registering a dispute and a complaint with the BBB.

These clowns are a pack of thieves. luckily I paid my $1.00 for the info I wanted using a paypal generated secure card that should have only been allowed to be used once. It is canceled easily.

No more money for you scamming slime balls...

• Ka
    Kami Jan 16, 2009

MY agreement stipulated there would be a monthly fee of $9.95 for all my transactions, or $1 per transaction. There was NOTHING about a $20 monthly fee, I was not notified, etc. Have you noticed their site has been down? Off and on for the last few days I can't access my account, maybe so I won't see the fee? But I have it set up so each transaction comes to my cell phone so I already knew...

• Di
    Diana Jan 28, 2009

They said it was a one time charge and have been taking 19.95 from my account every month for more than 6 months

• Di
    Diana Jan 28, 2009

They have been charging 19.95 out of my bank account for over than 6 months witout my authorization because it said it was a one time charge and they lied

• Tr
    Trinityscc Feb 04, 2009

Wow, same thing as you guys!! What did you all do to take care of it? It's incredible how hardworking people get taken advantage of.

• Tr
    Trinityscc Feb 04, 2009

In response to my last post. I got the intelius phone number off my credit card invoice which you all might like to know is: 877-974-1563. I basically called and didn't ask, but demanded that I be refunded the money that was taken out. They protested at first, but after I made it up the ranks to the supervisor and asked how she could willingly work for a company that is purposefully deceiving people and stealing their money, she gave me all 4 months of my stolen money.

Anyway, I recommend that you all take the time to call: 877-974-1563, ask to speak with a supervisor, and demand your money be refunded to your account.

The days of deceitful corporate thievery are coming to an end and it starts with us.

• Th
    Thomas Feb 05, 2009

I want my money back.. Why i the world would u want to take money out my account without my permission...?

• Su
    susan Feb 06, 2009

i just called and spoke with Anthony and he assured me no other charges would be taken from my card. i also called the BBB. do not do business with these people. thanks trnityscc for the phone number.

• Lo
    Lorena Feb 22, 2009

I wanted to check one phone number and was charged $ 0.99. They didn't even give me the name of the phone owner. Then I was checking my bank account and saw a charge for $19.95 from Intelius Subscription! I am furious. I never authorized this nor did I want it after they could not even supply the correct or complete information on the ONE number I quiried about!

• Sc
    scott Feb 25, 2009

I bought a one-time .99 cent item, and now they have charged me that plus a $19.99 "subscription" fee, this is a rip-off as everyone else here has stated.

• Sc
    scott Feb 25, 2009

I called Intelius (877-974-1563) spoke with Rachael. She said they would cancel the recurring subscription and refund the $19.95 that was taken from my checking account on 1-27-09. She gave me a cancellation confirmation number. I'll post an update in a week.

• Ge
    George Ritter Feb 25, 2009

Unauthorized monthly charges to credit card

Linda Feb 27, 2009

I've tried calling, NO ANSWER. Tried emailing, got a "returned" email. Ive not authorized any charges to my accounts either. Calling my bank right now.

Lisa Mar 10, 2009

I was also unknowingly charged for a $19.95 monthly subscription to Intelius after using their site to perform a reverse phone number search at $0.99. After several attempts to call and email their customer service with no response I contacted my bank to dispute the charge and put a hold on my account for future charges from this company. You would think there would be a closer watch and steeper penalties on these types of companies with all the mortgage loan scams that have taken place. Do your part and help to report Intelius!!

• La
    LaurelMD Apr 01, 2009

I never bought anything or any service from this company, but got charged for $0.99 and $19.95. I only got some phone calls from them, when I answered the phone, a lady was trying to sell me something, I didn't even let her finish, just said that I am not interested in that, please don't call me again. I'm very angry now.

liljohnson2009 Apr 07, 2009

i just called Intelius at (877-974-1563) and spoke with Sarb see told me that when you pay for the .99 cent charge for reverse phone look up that they give you a 7 day free trial of identity theft protection and that after that they will charge you 19.95 but just call them they are nice and under standing and ask for the supervisor and tell them that you do want the subscription and that you want your money back and they will credit it back to your account within 3 days but unlike Scott, Barb (at Intelius) did not give me a cancellation confirmation number but i will write again when i get it back (if i do) and i wnat to say thanks to Trinityscc for helping me get my money back!!! (haha if i do)

• Gp
    G Philip Brennan Apr 14, 2009

I checked my bank statement and found an unauthorized charge of $19.95, dated 4/10/09.

• Pa
    patrick mccoy Apr 20, 2009

I have tried to contact them to stop this service. the phone is not being answered

• Wa
    Warren Apr 28, 2009

If you used Intellius for a one-time property search service and discovered that your credit card is being charged $19.95 every month for an identity protection service, call (425) 974-6190 and indicate that you were not aware of signing up for this service and ask them to reverse all the charges or otherwise you will dispute the charges with your credit card company. Be sure to get a confirmation number.

• Ti
    Tiffany May 21, 2009

I spoke with Amy at customer suppport and she refunded the 19.95 and also made sure that any other pop up offers that I may have entered were cancelled as well. Thank you so much for the above listed phone # of 425-974-6190. And get conformation numbers as well.

Tiffany

• Aa
    Aaron Jun 15, 2009

Same thing! I called 425-974-6190 per notes by other people and was able to get cancelled...supposedly. We'll see. :)

• Th
    theresa Jun 15, 2009

I had the same problem. I searched a property record for 4.95 and found a 19.95 charge on my cc. After emailing twice and the company stating they canceled my "identity protection"...I was charged another 19.95 to my cc account. Not Happy! After writing another email and getting the same, computerized response back...I called the number someone else had listed on this site...425-974-6190
    Once again, I explained the situation, in a calm, collected manner. The lady said, "I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do for you besides cancel the protection plan now. We do not refund money." Then I pulled out the big guns and stated that I wanted a refund, if I didn't get one ...I will be contacting the cc company and disputing the charges, I told her about this website and that others have gotten a refund, and that I wanted to speak with a supervisor. She put me on hold...and came back with a conformation number...stating cc will be refunded all charges and also stated I have a full year of 10% off searches. That's what I thought. Won't be using that site anymore.