[Resolved] Intelius People Search / dont' waste your money

My experience is similar to other reviewers. I gave them a social security number, and they gave me a worthless report consisting mainly of people who happen to have a similar name to the person for whom I was searching.

I filled out their email form to register a complaint, but never received a response.

Another nice touch is that they will try to get you to sign up for some identity theft protection service, and they make this service look like its part of the registration process. It's not.

This was a complete waste of fifty dollars.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2009

If you require further assistance, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Va

Comments

• Ci
      3rd of Jul, 2012

The crap they puyt on line lead people to believe you can get a number for free. Just try it and see how frsutrating and monopolized that market is. I would rather not have a phone than pay someone any time and every time I needed an unknown muber. Looks like trade commisison should check into this. The public informatin is not always FOR Sale