Intelius Inc.no refund

I purchased an online phone report from Intelius on 6/20/08 for a price of $4.96. When I received my receipt online, I was charged a total of $9.90. When I called Intelius customer service, I was told 3 times that the extra charge was an error of their online program. When I asked for my $4.94 back as it was Intelius's error, I was told that Intelius does not give refunds. I explained that if it was Intelius's error it would not be considered a refund. The customer service person repeated 3 more times that Intelius does not give refunds. I called Intelius back thinking I was dealing with an unhelpful person, but no, the second person repeated the same "no refund" line.

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Oct 15, 2009

Please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius's response · Apr 02, 2010

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Se
    Secille Apr 22, 2009

Attempted to use their service & a charge of $19.95 for unrelated services appeared on my bank account for health plan.

• Te
    TechyGal Mar 27, 2010

I ordered a People Search Report in the amount of $1.95 and was subsequently signed up for a People Search Membership and my credit card was charged $19.95. I submitted a complaint online and was sent a link to cancel my membership. Once I did this there was a $19.95 credit that showed up on my account. I will never use the services of this online company ever again. For anyone that is looking to utilize a People Search Service use another service and save yourself the hassle of dealing with this Company.

• Su
    Su Egnalston Apr 19, 2012

Intelius Inc is involved in a systematic consumer fraud. These guys sign you up (without your permission) for some protection plan and then start billing you $19.95 per month.

After I called then twice, they gave me reference numbers, promised to disable my account, and continued to charge my credit card. I am not only only person who has been fraudulently charged by these guys. If you search through google, I found hundreds of complaints by consumers who have been scammed in a very similar way.

Everyone reading this complaint needs to also file complaints through Better Business Bureau and Federal Trade Commission's Consumer Protection Agency. There should be Department of Justice enquiry against the CEO of this company and someone needs to go to jail.

Enough is enough.

• In
    Intelius_Customer_Support1 Apr 25, 2012

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.
    Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.
    If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.
    www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php
    We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.