Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Unauthorized Charges Intelius unauthorized charges!

Intelius - unauthorized charges!

D
Author of the complaint
9:04 am
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

These # suckers allowed another company, www.privacymattersidentity.com, to use my credit card number to charge my credit card account for a membership to privacymattersidentity.com without my authorization. www.privacymattersidentity.com stated that there was a pop up that by clicking on it, I accepted a membership through privacymatters.com but that it was done in agreement with www.intelius.com..

Kind of funny how this is supposed to be a company specializing in background checks in order to discover criminal history... that is pretty f*ckin criminal themselves if you ask me...

Helpful? 0 0
Nov 05, 2009 3:11 pm
It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

More Intelius complaints & reviews

Intelius - stop billing me
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Intelius - intelius - beware it's a rip-off!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Intelius - I was charged and have no idea what that is
Intelius - repeated unauthorized charges
Intelius - scam
Intelius - rip off
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Intelius - was charged for a subscription I never signed up or agreed to
Intelius - fraud
11 comments
C

Intelius applies fees without any authorization.
I attach the email with Intelius support:

Hello Carlos, Thank you for contacting Intelius Customer Support. Per your request, we have cancelled your Identity Protect subscription. There will be no further charges. After reviewing your account, we noticed an additional offer that was accepted through one of our affiliate sites, SavingsAce. For additional information or to cancel the accepted offer, please call SavingsAce at [protected]. As a valued customer, we would like you to continue to receive 10% off your future purchases and have added a free Club Intelius annual membership. In addition to the Club savings, you will receive you also have access to a priority customer service line at [protected]. Thank you, Alberto Customer Support

Original Email
-------------------------------
Subject: How do I cancel my subscription service?
Message:
I never asked to pay 19.95US$ from my credit card. I want to cancel my account and to be refunded.
-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for using intelius.com!
Customer Service Specialist
Phone: [protected]
Fax: [protected]

Aug 12, 2009 9:04 am

I'm not sure how we can stop these crooks; but maybe some of us should look into a Law Firm to start some sort of class action suit; that might get everyone's money back in the long run. I realize these type of suits take a very long time, but some Law Firms will take them on a percent type basis, You know they get paid only if they win the case... And, I'm sure they could and would win against these crooks! This is only one of many internet sites/pages that list many people, just like us, that have been ripped off for hundreds of dollars! Yes, me too!

Jul 15, 2009 9:04 am

I forgot to mention that I was also told that the billing was through Intellius, whatever that is!

Jul 15, 2009 9:04 am

I signed up for classmates.com and then was charged for that service as well as $19.95 twice in one day for a credit report that I have no idea I even signed up for. The person on the phone told me that I clicked on a free trial for a credit report that I have never asked for and then I clicked on something else that said I would be charged monthly. She talked so fast I barely know what she said. When I asked if I could get any of that back she said "no but I will cancel it and you will no longer be charged. So, I am out almost $80.00

0 0

My bank made me aware of the charges and gave me Intelus' phone number. I was on hold for 16 mins. and finally the customer service rep answered and said that I had committed to this bogus program. I asked that the agreement be forwarded to my email along with a record of cancellation. GET THIS! He said they did not have the technical ability to send emails!

J
Dec 17, 2008 9:04 am

I was also scammed by this company: I really got pinched but you should all report this to the FCC and FBI online because that is what I did. do these charges look familiar to anyone. i went for seven months without knowing i was being charged! I ordered a credit report through Intelius.com. this is a big fat scam. everyone should stay farrrrrrr away from this company. and please report these crimes!

11/20/08 11/20/08 AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM [protected] CT $19.95
06/23/08 06/24/08 AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM-V [protected] CT $19.95
06/24/08 06/25/08 AP9*PRIVACYMATTERS12-V [protected] CT $19.95

A
Nov 02, 2008 9:04 am

Just got charged by this company "privacymattersidentity.com -- had to freeze my bank account -- did NOT authorize my credit card to be debited and have NO idea what this is for, but plan on pursuing this and reporting to the Better Busines Bureau online and the Attorney General

P
Sep 04, 2008 9:04 am

I've just seen that they have been charging my wife's business credit card for months. The payment of $19.95 per month has been going to www.privacymattersidentity.com. I called this outfit, and they claimed it was done through Intelius. Rip off! I'm out over a hundred dollars.

M
Jul 01, 2008 9:04 am

I also had unauthorized charges by this company. When contacted, I was told that I had agreed to its "terms and conditions" . I am not sure where these "terms and conditions" appear on the web site.

The result was was two $19.95 charges monthly to my account for no services.

I have been assured by company rep, Chris Employee #14833, that my account will be credited for charges within 2-3 business days.

If not, the A.G. of my State will be notified of company's "fraudulent and misleading" actions--This may not result in a refund, and may be ineffective due to company's location in US., but possibility of Canadian corporation... which would require Federal action...not a valid solution to recover $39.90.

We shall see...meantime, I'm out money, not sure future charges to my account are stopped, and seem to have no recourse. To be fair, if account is credited and future charges stopped, I will revise this e-mail.

D
May 14, 2008 9:04 am

I know Itelius, they claimed that I gave ok through an email, which they could never produce. And since I did not authorize payment they cancelled future payments. Just call your bank and tell them someone stole your credit card and they will reissue you a new with a new number. But first make sure you have money on hand for emergencies. Also beware of mall stores that offers other discounts in the mail just before take your payment. That another way how your information is shared and beware of unknown emails.

P
May 14, 2008 9:04 am

The same thing happened to me. And no, I will not get my money back.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

207 complaints