[Resolved] Intelius People Search / failing to use public records

1 500 108th Ave NEBellevue, WA, United States
Phone: (425) 974-6100

Intelius provides the ability to find people based on "public records, " so it claims. However, when I wrote Intelius about not using public records to correct their information, I never received a response and the errors were never corrected.

Other people finder websites began using the Intelius web results as well when they were incorrect.

As a result, my husband's ex-wife is listed as a relative as mine, and is also listed as living with me. I, however, am the original owner of my home as I had it built.

Because of this gross error, I received constantly harassing phone calls about my husband's ex-wife not paying her bills. They set the calls up on automatic calling so a recording picks up and then you have to call them back. Even after I call them back, they make a note that she is not a resident, but keep calling anyway because they have no other address for her even though I live in Virginia and she lives in South Carolina.

How can I get Intelius to correct their records using actual public records. My husband's ex-wife has never even lived in my city let alone my house, and she is definitely not a relative of mine.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 14, 2009

Intelius aggregates public record, we have no way to edit public record. To correct any inaccuracy in public record you would need to address that with your local public records custodian.

Pj