[Resolved] Intelius / cannot delete account

1 500 108th Ave NEBellevue, WA, United States
Phone: (425) 974-6100

Intelius charged my credit card without my authorization through a company namec ValueMax. Fortunately ValueMax returned what they took from me but now I cannot delete the account that I have set up with Intelius. After speaking with a supervisor, she claimed they are unable to do that for "tax purposes" which is totally ridiculous. No where on their website is there anything telling you how to delete your account. Beware before you give your credit card information to this company. I wish someone had told me this before I used their site for a people search. At least the supervisor supposedly disable the account so no one can get into. Use caution before you use this company.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Dec 07, 2010

Disabling an account prevents any transactions from being processed on your Intelius account. There is no risk for any unauthorized charges on your account while it is disabled.
    If you still require assistance, please contact 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.