Indane Gas - Ioc Bangalore / poor service by dealers

1 India Review updated:

I am a customer of Indane Gas for last 24 years. I have booked for a refill of gas cylinder. Firstly the dealer M/s. Anusha agency, Kaderanahalli, Bangalore refused to accept booking and asked me to book only after 20 days and that was the company (Ioc)ruling. As informed I booked. I was given a ticket No. 94 and promised that I will receive with in 2 days. To-day after 6 days when I called up I was informed by their staff that I will receive by evening. I followed up with them in the evening with out going out of the house for the whole day waiting I was informed by one more person Sri. Venugopal representing the dealer that it might take another 2-3 days.

I had visited the dealer in a similar complaint 3-4 months back there I could see people getting new connections by paying extra.

This being the case I would request your esteemed concern to have a check on the dealer and his service. The rep. of Anusha dealer informed me that they have 27000 connection to service and they are unable to render quick service to the customers.

This being the case I request you to appoint some more dealers in this upcoming area to lessen the burden of M/s, Anusha agency and also the new dealer will be able to render better service and much job opportunities will open up.

In fact my A/c. No.10193 is in the VIP list of the dealer and imagine the state of connection holders with ordinary bookings.

I request officials to please look in to this matter and acknowledge.

Please see that good service is rendered to your consumers in future and inform your dealers not to make false promises to consumers when they book for refill cylinders.

Regards

Subbaiah

Comments

• Kd
      28th of Sep, 2007

Simi Fuels
    Muttathara
    Thiruvananthapuram

Sir,
    ted Malfunctioning of LPG dispensing pump.

While filling LPG on 25th September at your Pump, I found that the pump was malfunctioning as it was showing an impossible reading with regard to the Gas tank capacity of my car. The capacity of the tank is 60 ltrs and LPG cannot be filled in more than 80% of this capacity. In spite of the fact that you knew about it as a case of pump error and if the operator did not manually stop the pump on hearing some specific sound known to you only, it will continue reading even after fuel supply is actually cut off by the pump. If I had not alerted the operator even it would have gone beyond the 100% capacity!
    You knew very well that your pump had some problem and against some sound the operator should have closed the pump manually. Your pump was faulty, your operator was careless, and you are asking me to pay for it. You were forcing me to pay for the whole amount as per the meter and was holding me for over an hour and was not accepting my offer to pay an interim amount of Rs.1200/- ,which in assessment was reasonable for a full tank filling. Finally when I was about to call the Police for my protection and release, you have let me go after taking an endorsement from me in the bill that I have made only a payment of Rs.1200/- . You have also asked me to provide a fuel tank calibration certificate from the Legal Metrology Department.

My argument that the details regarding tank capacity and other specifications were all available in the RC book was not acceptable to you and you have insisted on my bringing a calibration certificate from Legal Metrology and said that RTO was not the competent authority for certifying the tank capacity. You may know that vehicle owners cannot approach various authorities for certifying all subsystems of their vehicle. When a vehicle is registered by the RTO, it is to be considered that the vehicles conforms to all relevant standards as approved by various authorities in the Union of India.

On 27th September, you called me up over phone, asked for the certificate or to make the payment immediately, and were going on threatening me of punitive action. My stating that I was busy with an important meeting then, and my offer to call you back after some time was interpreted as my trick for not paying the amount or producing the Legal Metrology certificate immediately. Every body knows that it is not easy for individuals to approach Legal Metrology for calibrating their fuel tanks whenever the fuel vendor’s systems go wrong. Insistence of this certificate and your using abusive words at my face, holding me at your premises for over an hour and calling me and disturbing me over phone in my office etc. can only be seen as some sort of an extortion technique. As I am unable to take any more of this, I am willing to pay the whole amount. Hence I request you to kindly inform me the billed amount so that I will be able to send the balance amount immediately. On receipt of the money you may send me back the receipt on the back of which you have made me to write some statement. You may also return the complaint I have written addressed to your sales officer and handed over to you, as asked by you.

Thanking you,

Vikas Bhavan,

2) RTO,

3) The Commissioner of Police
    Trivandrum.

4) IOC at: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/indane-gas-ioc-bangalore-c27190.html.

14th of Aug, 2008

Supply of gas takes minimum of 15 days after booking & dealer name is M/s Lakshmi gas agency Bellary & the has been reffered to your Belgaum office & it looks that there attitude is also like going in hands with the distributor.

Regards

Chandrasekar

Manager
    m/s Jsw steel
    Mobile no-9880855149

• Gi
      27th of Aug, 2008

I agreee totally that Anusha Gas Agency, Bangalore are harassing the consumenrs - theytake 21 days booking time and 5 days as delivery time!!

IOC is totally inefficient in initiating action aginst this currupt and inefficient gas agency

we as consumers need to take action - file a police complaint and an RTI to get such corrupt agencies defunct!!

• Ro
      8th of Oct, 2008

Please check everyone in JP NAGAR AREA WITH INDANE GAS . Because all the calenders which comes with Door Delevary are Expired with Date and year. Please return them back if you find any faulty codes with calenders.

Procedure to check

Here is how we can check the expiry date of LPG cylinders:

On one of the three side stems of the cylinder, the expiry date is coded alpha numerically as follows A or B or C or D with some two digit number. For e.g. D06.

The alphabets stand for quarters -
    A for March (First Qtr),
    B for June (Second Qtr),
    C for Sept (Third Qtr), &
    D for December (FourthQtr).
    The digits stand for the year till it is valid.
    Hence D06 would mean December quarter of 2006.

14th of Oct, 2008

The Dealer "Gurukrupa Indane" in JP Nagar, Bangalore is having a pathetic show when it comes to "service". From Last Friday, i have been trying to call them up for a booking, but invariably all the lines are engaged. The only resort left now is go there personally and book a refill cylinder.

This is not the first time i am experiencing this problem. It is the case every time.

Request the higher officials at Indane LPG to look into this matter at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,
    Jaya

• Va
      11th of Mar, 2009

Hi Sir,

I am the resident of Prdhan Pelican, Nyanappana halli Village, BTM 6th stage, South Taluka, Off Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore- 560076. We have a single gas connection, so we make sure we book the Gas well before advance, but end up having out of fuel because of the carelessness of our Gas agency which is Sheela agency No.33, 3rd Ph, indl Site, J P Nagar, Bangalore - 560078. The people at Shella agency are not professional, they are arrogant, they are very rude, they are ignorant, they are least bothered about their customers. To quote a recent example, I Booked the Gas on 5th March 2009, I called them to check the status on 11 th march2009, and to my surprise the person who picked up the phone said that the delivery guys had come visited my area on the 10th and came back because they could not find my address. I tried explaining to the person on the other line that we are without Gas for 5 days and need the Gas urgently. The person gave the phone to a rude person who claimed himself to be the manager who spoke to me as if he is going to come down and beat me. He said that's how it is in Sheela agency and if we can't wait then I should Fasting until they deliver the Gas. I was Dumb struck when I heard my dealer speak to me in that fashion. I guess this is pretty normal as they have nobody to check on how the agency is operating or nobody monitor the behavior. I am sure I am not first person to complained. Please visit the below website to see the people reaction on Sheela agency, Bangalore.