Complaints & Reviews

forcing to buy gas pipe!

Today I went to Indane Gas Agency for gas booking. But I was shocked to see that they were forcing consumers to buy a gas pipe which costs 175/-. I was not agreed to buy this pipe because I renewed my gas pipe only few weeks back. I have been very aware of these things such as gas cylinder and its accessories.

Now agency officials are not ready to book my gas even in this festive season, when a person needs it most. When I tried to contact to the Sales Officer, he doesn’t pick my phone. Even on land line number.

Very poor service!

• Gu
    gurpreet Sep 12, 2007

I have called several gas agencies in my area and i am facing the same problem.Why do we need to buy gas stove from them if we do not need to?Will the same person keep on buting stoves if not required

• Je
    jeetendra kumar das Dec 09, 2007

There are two gas agencies in our locality, both are forcing me to buy gas stove and pipe etc. From them otherwise they will not give me gas connection. Where there is in their office notice board it it clearly mentioned that you are not obligatory to buy a gas stove from here.

• Un
    Unknown Mar 05, 2008

I wanted to get a new LPG connection from our local Gas Agency at Mukerian (Punjab).But I just can't get it due to work load on the employee "as they said" and told me to come tomorrow. I have visited there 2 times already. Please help.

very poor customer care

I am a consumer of LPG gas from the indane gas agency named Ananthapuri at Thiruvannthapuram, Kerala. The gas connection is in my fathers name Mr A Abdul Rasheed consumer no T 767 who expired. I approached the office for transfer of connection to my name as i am one of he legal heir of my late father. As ordered by the front office personnel, I collected all the documents including a no objection certificate from my only sister. Even though i was frustrated at the complexities of these procedures, I know that I am bound to obey them as they are company guidelines.

My complaint is against the attitude of front office staff in that office. They include two ladies and a man who were on duty on 20th july 2007... The unpleasant attitude, poor communication abilities and most unwelcoming approach to a query were the characteristics of those lady staff whereas the man (may be a superior staff) even managed to shout at me questioning my right over this gas connection and saying you can do nothing and threw the documents (including the >35 year old connection voucher which I collected with great difficulty from my fathers diary) on to my face. I picked them one by one and left the office. I feel strongly that they need to be reminded that i am only a consumer and not someone living at their mercy.

This is one of the worst experience i ever had from any office. The mistake I did or said according to them was that I was not listening to them obediently. My answer to this is, if you start countering a query with another silly question instead of giving a proper straight answer, not many will be patient to listen to you. I have approached the sales officer of the gas agency with this issue and my application is being processed. I would like to bring the kind attention of the authorities on this incident and expect a proper necessary explanation and action.

Yours sincerely
Dr.Reena
S-31, Seeveli Nagar, Kaithamukku
Thiruvananthapuram 695024. KERALA

jayaprakash t Aug 02, 2007

I recently visited the website of Indian Oil corp and inquired something related to the transfer of a gas connection. I got a confirmation saying that my complaint will be looked after, it is more than 10 days, since I didn't get any response. Moreover, they provided with a Phone Number wherein all the queries related to Indane LPG can be booked. But, i could never see anyone picking up the phone, if by mistake they pick the phone, they immediately change it into engage mode. Moreover, I think I have tried 'n' number of times calling up the distributor, but no one cared to pick the phone up at his end too.

I would strongly recommend people to bit go for it.

Rajendra Kr.Badaya Sep 22, 2007

I was visited to delaer of rohini sector -16 delhi at m/s puneet gas servicec for book a new connection they demand rs.2700/ as new connection and said me to that it is compelsarl that puechase a gas stove from punnet gas othervise they can not give me a new connectio so you are requested that see the matter and take a necessary action.

rajendra kr. Badaya

• La
    Lalit Kumar Kashyap Sep 20, 2010

I booked gas on 2-9-2010 (trhough your tromo sewa no.1260 booking no.27) but till the date i.e.20-9-2010 the dealer(M/S Sindhu Gas, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi-110095) did not supply the gas(Cyclinder), on enquiry on the phone dated 13.9.2010 they told the gas will be supplied within two days but no delivery man came to deliver the gas. Every time I have to face the same situation. Please see
    thanks
    Lalit Kumar
    Consumer No. 21570

manoj86761 Mar 25, 2011

main lpg gess ka upbhogta hu.maire name per lpg ka canection h.jo ki panipat, hariyana, main sweta gass ajensi ke nam per h.main panipat se 35k.m door rahta hun.mairi sikayat h ki jub panipat wallon ka slender phone pur book ker liya jata h to muje hi kyon 35k.m ja ker book karna padta h?mujhe ek bar book kane jana padta h.dusri bar jane per slender sayad hi mil pay.main salon se is samsya se juj raha hu.please see this.and think about my problam.thanks, tikaram sharma.custmer no599416

• Bk
    B K Vishwakarma May 23, 2011

Indane LPG company I am retired DOCTOR, customer of indane gas for 30 year, My gas consumer no is PG 6951. I booked gas for home delivery dated16/5/11, BOOKING NO IS 3444.but tillnow gas is not supplies to me.GAS agency is POPULER INDANE bus stand rewa MP.

Sarika Panday Feb 03, 2015

that the branch Manager & there Staff today in the morning at about 10.30 AM Behave Rudely with customer ID No.17444 and when asked about Delivery of the Cylinder then he replied that today the delivery is going on the person who has book the gas on dt 21/01/15 your term will come later on.
    That overtime the person who used to delivered the gas come with defective weighing machine and most of the time the mail member not available in the house and delivery person took the advantage and delivered the gas withe lesser weight gas cylinder then the actual gas cylinder.
    kindly take needful action against them to ensure the trust in your Company and Administration in your Company

waiting for additional gas cylinder from 03/09/2005

Dear Sir

I am Indane Consumer who got the connection on 12/04/2001from Maruti Indane Distributor, thirumangalam, Chennai.
Initially i got only one cylinder at the time of registration.
I booked for additional cylinder on the same agency 03/09/2005 which showed waiting list as 357.
After that, i got the connection transferred to guruvayurappan gas agency kodambakkam,chennai due to location transfer, and they asked me to register again for the additional cylinder which i did on 27/03/2006 with WL 2543

I am waiting for the additional cylinder from 03-09-2005 to till date.

• Yu
    yudhisther kumar sen Jun 06, 2008

sir
    we want to new gas connection but he say new gas connection is closed why

location is chhattisgarh raipur

yudhisther

AKHILESH DUBEY Sep 16, 2008

I have taken a single cylinder HP gas connection on 03.06.06 from kawas (Surat) conn. no-44772790, consumer no-264004
    my transfer was being to NTPC Vindhyanagar (distt. singrauli). I have given a application for doublre cylinder but not getting there. now I am posted to bhilai and transfer my gas connection Indane, consumer no 337333 from DISTRIBUTOR OF "ABHIYASH INDANE " Neharunagar near Krishna public school. I gave a application to his for double cylinder. but he refused for given double connection. he is telling that now double connection is not given.

(Akhilesh dubey)
    Mob- 9425294125,
    qtr. no- B/235, ST No- 6, smriti nagar, bhilai

Akilan Jan 20, 2010

Dear Sir,

I have got first cylinder from Ravathi Gas Agency, Medavakkam, Chennai. But when I apply 2nd cylinder they said you will get it after 5 years.

I heard that 2nd cylinder is distributing to the customer, so I went to agency and asked them, They said now 2nd cylinder stopped. Why they behave like this.

Akilan.

• Sm
    S Mitra May 07, 2011

DEAR SIR

I have get a Indane gas connection on dated 10/03/2010. I want to a double cylinder. Please I want to know
    about procedure .

S Mitra
    Kolkata-700107

poor service!

I am an indane lpg domestic user registered with "prarthana enterprise, air force road, jawahar colony, faridabad, ph no-2473038, 2473039. my consumer number is 3356a.

This dealer keeps its phone receivers off the phone so that the phone shows always engage . also the mobile no given [protected] has been changed and is allotted to some personal user , who says that the phone does not belong to the gas dealer.

Basically to avoid booking gas booking, the dealer do all this.

Amit Agarwal Dec 05, 2007

Booking gas over telephone
    Ironically Indane Gas has a toll free number, but their Udaipur distributor "Mohan and Mohan" in Sarai Khwaja has different opinion about phone service. During working hours you never reach them on phone.

Hopefully, the company will speak with this dealer and try to convince him...

vicky Feb 20, 2008

dear sir,
    iam consumer of indane gas . but saale time par gas nahin phuhate

amit Aug 18, 2008

Basically to avoid booking gas by phone, the dealer do all this.

Ramesh kapoor Nov 25, 2008

I am an indane lpg domesticuser registered withextension counter at sujanpur of city gas agency Pathankot having distributor code 37-01-6812.
    My consumer no is SGA-116.
    since last four times whenever I go to them for gas booking they say your gas had been delivered, but they unable to show the receiving refill's signature in their voucher and entry in our consumer book.
    they refuse to give us the DBC on our connection whereas I am the consumer since 29-01-1995.
    Plaese do the needful.
    regards.
    Rames Kapoor
    B-ix-141, Moh. Kanu-Go, Sujanpur
    cell-9988773876

Ramesh kapoor Nov 26, 2008

please take an action at the earliest .

very poor service!

Kalpana gas agency - vijaynagar - 2nd stage - bangalore. this agency serves indane gas agency. they provide...

less gas supplied in cylinders

I subscribe to k2 international distributor id 3012/ivrs#[protected]. it is a regular affair with the co. to supply the gas cylinder with 4-5 kg of less gas in the cylinders. on asking him to weigh the same the delivery man says next time and if you don't take delivery you are harassed and unlikely to receive the cylinder for more than a week. it is a loose situation, the complaints with the co has not yielded any results. also complaints have been made to indane complaint cell the answer is he is advised not to do it. then it is confided that since the agency is being run by aproxy as the original owner has let it off there is very little they can do??

Beware!

• Rk
    R.Kamala Jul 11, 2007

I am the customer of IOC and we have been getting gas supplies from your dealer M/s cookwell gas agencies, Chinchwad, Pune. The consumer no is 2788.

Now the above agency is no more. We understood that one M/s Ganaraj Indane will serve the customers in the absence of cookwell.

But the problem is:

1.We don't get door delivery. We don't get proper response from this new Ganaraj. Now all the way we have to go to their counter for taking the delivery.

For this we are taking leave from the offices and sometimes the representative of ganraj doesn't delivery the cylinder as promised.

2.We are facing lot of hardships and till today they are shouting over phone to the customers as if we have done some crime when we insist for home delivery.

3.Some Ganaraj person collected the original receipt of the gas connection and asking us to come their counter. When contacted they simply told that unless you come here the gas cylinder will not be supplied.

Can anybody look into this issue? Is it not the IOC job for the smooth transition of your customer to some other agency?

Kamala
    9890500477.

wrong address in the gas connection papers

My name is Praveen and i want to know how can we change the address in the Gas Connection papers. I have inquired with the Local distributor in Hyderabad and he responded saying that there is no way to change the address in the Connection papers. However, he is taken the address and delivering the Cylinders to the new address.

I wonder if that can be done, then why can't it be changed in connection papers itself, this would serve as my address proof for my passport application submission.

Is this a norm set by the IOC / Indane being reluctant to change the address.

Thanks.

lack in quantity and quality in petrol

The Indian Oil petrol bunk popularly known as "Kadirenalli Petrol Bunk" located at Uttarahalli Main Road, Padmanabha Nagar, Bangalore, doesn't satisfies neither quality or quantity. Every time when I go to fill the petrol, I had to quarrel with them for quantity of petrol, and in the evening I realize that the petrol is mixed, as my moped (which usually runs for 60-65 kmpl) runs for only 35-40 kmpl. They always try to hide the electronic reading while feeding the petrol without reseting the reading. This hopeless activity of this petrol bunk is more frequent.

saravanan Oct 07, 2007

I am residing in tapaalapetti near moolakadai in chennai-600060.
    I had given earlier a complaint to indianoil corporation.But so far action is not taken.
    In between moolakadai and tapalpetti there is a 24 hour petrol/diesel bunk Poornima Agencies but it is closed even in morning 5.00 am.with regard to this i had given complaint to indianoil thru e mail sofar no action is taken.i had to go to shell petrol bunk at100ft road and return to vyasarpadi.please kindly inform the status of action taken thru email.
    yours sincerely thanking you
    saravanan

• Av
    AVNISH KUMAR Sep 21, 2009

I WANT MY MONEY BACK & SIR PLS SRICK ACTION OF TTHIS

• My
    MYRIGHT Dec 09, 2009

Please do take action !!

Petrol pump in kederanhalli (Banashanki Service station...popularly known as kadernahalli -Indian oil station.

Fuel machine 2 gives only 70% of the fuel ... if you go and ask them to fill the pertol in the can they'll ask you to got to Fule machine 1 ..because fuel bay 2 only gives 70 % of the petrol. Big cheater.

Per day they sell 8000 ltrs to 12000 ltrs on an average so make Rs.15000.00 black money per day.
    (10000ltrs x 30/100)*50 = RS.15000.00 !!!

They make rupees 540000/- black money per annum ... Big cheater ..

Please cascade this information to every one and help from stopping corruption

Resident of Uttarahalli !
    Proud to be an INDIAN .

• Vr
    V.Ramesh Babu Feb 03, 2012

I have purchased petrol in a bottle of 2 litres and found only 85% of the bottle filled and the petrol I have bought is mixed with kerosene and the product if used in cars I think Indian oil organisation has to replace all cars with new ones in future.IOL beware of the situation.You have to face the music very soon.

underweight lpg cylinders

My consumer ID is 44801 and I get my Gas Cylinder supply from GRUHA LAKSHMI enterprises Gas Agency, Shapur, Hyderabad-55. The Cylinder supplied by the Gas Agency, exhausted within 30 days. Whereas generally a gas cylinder lasts around a three month in my household. This problem I am facing from last 3 month as during this, i have changed gas cylinder 3 times. Now for this what to do?

pradyumna rai Aug 24, 2008

i amconsumer of SAI SEWA ENTERPRISES VASANT KUNJ NEW DELHI my consumer no 19246 they supply me just half the weight but never bother to weight kindly help us to get it in correct weight

SUNIL GHUGE Sep 30, 2008

I am consumer of YADU INDAN GAS SEVA D-33, SITE-4, SAHIBADAD INDUSTRIAL AREA, SAHIBABAD, UTTAR PRADESH my consumer no 29649 they supply me just half the weight but never bother to weight kindly help us to get it in correct weight. I think it is not the fault of service provider but responsible for that hookers. one day i complaint it and half an hour he replaced it. so kinky instruct the agency to check his hookers to provide proper service to their consumers. Thanks. Complain is not my motive but the motive is that every consumer pay for the best service of the gas but they could not got even good service. Please help us.

• Ru
    rukmini devi Aug 30, 2010

respected sir
    iam the consumer of indane gas consumer number bearing 7536 and our distributor is mallik gas service, geeta colony, delhi. sir, i have complaint so many times regarding underweight supply but always got negative answer . recently we have received cyllinder which is also underweight .please send yours representative at my residence to change my cyllinder and ensure that it should not be repeated again. RUKMINI DEVI 4/ 2698, STREET NO- 05, BIHARI COLONY, SHAHDARA, DELHI-110032.CONTACT NO - 09250175790. Please give us answer at earliest through this e- mail.

thanking you

Rukmini devi
    9312856722, 09250175790

PRAKRITI RANI DEBI Jan 18, 2012

My consumer ID is 07168 with your Modern Gas Agency at Bally, Howrah - 711201 under 'Double Cylinder' scheme. The Cylinder supplied by Paritosh, the delivery man of the agent, on 26.09.2011 was connected to the oven on 24.11.2011 and exhausted on 22.12.2011 i.e before the end of even one month. Please note that each cylinder goes for 2 months plus 9 to 10 days for me. On reporting, the manager of the Agent accepted the fault and confirmed of having much more complaints of the same type. They have already complained to YOU about the problem without any result - he added. He also told that this is due to 'finer gauge of the cylinder sheet' and also 'due to gas leaking'. It is ridiculous to get such answer from your authorised agent without getting any positive answer / action. Please also note that they have no system of delivering the cylinder with actual weight of gas at customer's place though the same is printed in their bill.
    PLEASE HELP US FROM ANY FATAL RISKS AND MONEYTERY LOSSES.

delay in delivery and customer harassment

I booked for Gas cylinder delivery on 13/6/2007. Order No. 3700. Time 9:57 AM.It was not delivered till a week. When I visited gas agency they asked for address proof. The gas agency's did verified the addresses from the copy of ration card I submitted at the time of new connection. I was harassed unnecessarily. I protesteddoes that agency is to check address at the time of a new connection application and I was getting regular deliveries since last 2 years on the same address. After various visits and follow up the delivery was made on 25thJune at 7 PM after a delay of 13 days.

The addres of the Gas agency is :
Vasant Kunj Gas Service
Khasra no. 809, Chattar Pur Extn.
Main Road
Chattar Pur
New Delhi 110074

• Nk
    nkn1976 Jul 31, 2010

Hi,

I am Tapas Kumar Nanda, I have lpg gass connection for Vasant Kunj Gas agency. My consumer No is 14722.
    Since last 15 days I am trying to book for a refilling cylinder but when calling on the nuber given by the gas agency its allways busy or or the people are not picking the phone . So I could not able to book my gas. When visitting there office in chattarpur i;e the office is closed.
    So what can I do to book my gas .

Tapas

gas cylinder filled with water!

My consumer No. is 33190 and I get my Gas Cylinder supply from K2 International Gas Agency, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi. This time the Cylinder supplied by the Gas Agency, exhausted within 10 days. Whereas generally a gas cylinder lasts around a month in my household. When contacted the Owner of the Gas Agency about this, he misbehaved with me. Beware!

suraj ingle Jun 27, 2007

I get my Gas Cylinder supply from GRUHALAKSHMI Gas Agency, Shapur, Hyderabad-55. This time the Cylinder supplied by the Gas Agency, exhausted within 30 days. Whereas generally a gas cylinder lasts around a three month in my household. Now for this what to do?

• Ga
    Gas cylinder filled with water Sep 05, 2010

Yadu Gas Agency based out in Ghaziabad is providing cylinders which have water filled in it...normally a cylinder lasts around 27-30 days for me...but this time my cylinder lasted only 4- days and i found that my cylinder has water in it...this is cheating and the agency and the supplier boys should be punished for this...i plan to take this up with the consumer court too. Cylinder is lying with me.
    Pankaj Jha

non-delivery of refills

I booked a cylinder on 26.5.2007 in m / s srinivasa gas agency, karaikudi, tamilnadu. till date the cylinder is not supplied. everyday the office staff tells that it would be supplied "today". this reply I was getting till 11.6.2007. on the evening of 11.6.2007, to my astonishment I was told that the cylinder was supplied on 5.6.2007.

Customer beware!!!

• Re
    rekha Jun 20, 2007

I booked the gas on 4th June 07but it was not delivered on time now everyday we call them they say that they will send today and on 20th June 2007 when we called them to my astonishment they said they have already delivered the gas.

Any suggestions?

VINAY KUMAR CHAUHAN Jul 13, 2007

I booked a cylinder on 09.07.2007 in M/S Parveen Gas Agency, Sector 11, Chandigarh but cylinder is not supplied I again booked on 13.07.2007 but cylinder is not supplied. Today I went their office to inquiry, they have told me the same was delivered to you on 09.07.2007. I shown my Pass book which has no record of delivery and also requested them to check their record, but they refused to check their record and not even book the same.

Can anybody in Indian Oil Corporation help me?

• Ss
    S.saravanan Jul 23, 2007

I booked for gas on 11/07/2007 but till now (23/07/2007) the cylinder was not delivered. Booking station KARUR- AGENCY KALYAN CHAKRAVARTHI GAS AGENCY- KARUR.

I am inquiring daily but they replied that the LOAD HAS NOT COME. Is it true? If yes what is the solution, because without gas cylinder food is not cooked in house...

• Dr
    dr.md hilal Sep 12, 2007

geninue ,happenning in almost all agency, strict action to be taken.

Mahitha Balakumar Sep 14, 2007

I booked a request for cylinder refill 3 weeks back and asked for the ticket number and received the number 10984. The second time I called they said that the door was locked. So I told them that I would take leave from work the next day and waited. I waited all day and they did not send the cylinder replacement. They have pulled this trick on me 3 times which means I've taken leave 3 times and they don't turn up.
    The gas agency is on Malviya Avenue, Tiruvanmiyur. Please help.

• Pb
    P.Balasubramanian Dec 29, 2007

My name is Dr. P. Balasubramanian, my sister in law has one cylinder Gas connection in Indane in Velaiuthampallyam, Karur. Sri Navamani's Gas Agency, 9, Gandhi nagar, 3rd cross, karur. My brother in law wants to book the cylinder on 28.12.07, but the gas agency said they won't take the booking order, because they said, we have to wait and book after 50 days of in previous cylinder. Is this type of G.O. is issued to the specific Rural area people? If it is what is the solution? They are farmers and working hard and they badly need this facility to make food often, otherwise they will suffer for their health.

Kindly help us and reply as early as possible.

• Ka
    kamaldas Jan 19, 2014

Reference IOC consumer No 03258. I, Shri Jayanta Das booked a cylinder on 14.12.2013 and a registration No 664189 has been allotted to me, which is received in my mobile No 09903696056. I have produced my AADHAR bearing No 5573 3616 2452 on 31.12.2013 to my Gas Agency Office i.e. KONNAGAR GAS SERVICE, 77/A/2 G T ROAD, EAST, HOOGHLY (W.B). On 11.01.2014 a massege received in my No 09903696056 that my booking has been cancelled. I went their office and tell them the fact. They replied that the fault has been commenced by IOC, Chennai Office and I should book again and cylinder will be delivered within one week. Obeying their direction I booked a cylinder again on 13.01.2014 and a registration number 679989 has been issued. Now they tell that I will get my cylinder as per seniority. Please take action against the defaulders and provide cylinder at the earliest please.

leakage of gas not attended immediately!

I AM HAVING "INDANE GAS" (Cust No:20966) connection with VISHNAVI AGENCY, T'nagar, Chennai 17. On Sunday 3rd June '07, I complained about the LEAKAGE of gas to EMERGENCY CELL (WHAT IS IT FOR!!) [protected] at 8pm. They told me to contact the next day to the Vaishnavi Agency. I disconnected the regulator to ensure safety & did not use the gas stove. Next day morning after 8 a.m., I tried the company42127065,[protected] (as given in the bill) ICC customer Service (?) cell [protected],[protected] & Toll Free No:[protected] and again Emergency cell [protected] , repeatedly over 20 times. BUT OF NO RESPONSE. I COULDN'T GET THE CONNECTIONS ALL THE TIME. THEN DESPERATELY I TRIED VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS IN IOC, ALL RESULTED OF NO USE. Lastly, my friend aged 75 had to go in person & ask the Agency to send the mechanic, who came & done the repaired the leakage. My anxiety was cleared after 15 hours. I want to bring this to the kind information of the consumers.

R. Srinivasaraghavan.

• Sh
    Shyam Kant Khanwalkar Oct 01, 2007

There is no one to take the emergency call at tel no. 25080458 & 64115667 of Indane gas agency (Jai Jawan Gas Service, Dwarka, New Delhi).

There is no point in establishing emergency cell & advertising 24 hrs service on all days wheras no person is there to pick up phone. Even when I reached the place personally, the office/ site is locked & no person available.
    Emergency cell are for emergency purposes. Let us not pretend to be more concerned about safety, when we are not inclined towards it.
    Pl take appropriate action.

• Rn

To
    The Manager
    Indane Oil (Indane)
    Chennai.

Sub: Regarding the Gas Leakage Complaint.
    Respected Sir/Madam
    We are the customer of (Indane)TILLAI agency, Puducherry. A Gas has been delivered for us on 16/4/09 from that agency. On that date we got a leakage problem so we have complained on tat date by telephone. But they have respond after 2 days. But they came and changed the rubber washer but still we are having the same problem with the same cylinder. We have trying the phone line for nearly 2 days but no response. It’s an emergency issue. They are not providing good customer service. So Kindly I request u to take necessary action and do the favor for us.
    Thanking you
    Yours
    R.Nagarajan

Anish nair Mar 14, 2010

I am the customer at GAYATRI INDANE, MAITRI APARTMENT, MAITRI NAGAR, RISALI, BHILAI CHATTISGARH having gas connection.Now I herewith put my complaint that since one week had p assed off my complaint of gas leakage through the valve of the gas cylinder supplied no body from the gas agency had neither attended to it tilldate nor replaced the leakage one.
    The leakage of the gas cylinder is a very serious issue and I appreciate the negligency created by our dealer as above.
    Now kindly look into the matter serously and take appropriate action to get replced the leakage one with a new one.

• Pa
    partapsingh May 19, 2010

I AM HAVING "INDANE GAS" (Cust No:01946) connection with DHRUV GAS SERVICE site no., 3, jhandewalan New Delhi-55. On Saturdy 15.05.2010, I complained about the LEAKAGE of gas to EMERGENCY CELL (WHAT IS IT FOR!!) 01123540370 at 11am. They assured me todays i will be changed the leakage Gas sylender, But they have failed to change the same sylender.Thereafter i tried so many calls but no responce from that side, so that i decided to visit personaly i requested to arrange that leakage sylender which i had complait on Saturday 15.05.2010 at 11am. They shouted with abused me i have not received your complain. And thereafter they said to me you can make a arrangment for that sylender. I symply requested try to best its on level if that sylender can blast then who will responsible for that happining. So that my humble request for you to look into the matter and try to short out my proble. And suggested to cancel the licence of that type of service provider.
    Surinder Kumar

Ameen007 Sep 02, 2013

I have a Indane gas connection & My Consumer No is 56706, when I use that cylinder, It smells in kitchen, I checked and see that cylinder has been leaked from the nosal, at that time I fully blocked the cylinder and kept in the open atmosphere. After this task, I made a call to (18002333555) emergency service of Indane gas but the number of emergency service those 24X7 helpline number have been invalid, after this I made a call to my gas agency (Guru Gas Agency, MKB Nagar, Chennai). Firstly had no response, once again I made call, at that time they told me that our emergency service technician reached my home at about one hour. Please tell me what am I do in that case? Who is responsible if my home kept fire and my whole family shall be kept in this incident?

non-issue of domestic gas consumer card!

I have got an indane gas connection on 20/07/2005 From Venkatesh Gas & Domestic Appliances (Adhoc) - Bhandara, Maharashtra, whose Proprietor is Mr.Mohan Kumar Bhagat. From the onwards, I am following up with them for domestic gas consumer card and till date I have not received the same.

Every time they are telling that the same is not available in company itself and the supplier is not giving any proper date for issuance of the same. This is the case with many other customers also. It is shame on the part of a company like IOCL.

Regards,
Sreekumar.

• Ca
    Capt BL Lingaraju Oct 02, 2007

Issue of DGC card to all LPG customers is mandatory in India. This has been adopted after it was approved by a parliamentary committee in 1988.

It is the duty of IOC to supply the DGC card to all the distribuotrs. It may be true that, in this case, the same may have not been supplied by IOC.

I would suggest that you check with the Indane Area Office connected to your distributor. You can get this information from www.iocl.com

Best of luck

cylinder not being delivered

My consumer no. is 9990. I got a gas connection from Rohini Enterprises, the Indane gas agency at Naharpur, Sector-7, Rohini on 16/09/02, while staying at Sector-8, Rohini. When I shifted to Sector-7, Rohini, in September 2003, my connection was transfered to Tirupati Balaji Indane gas agency at Sector-5. I received a supply from Tirupati Balaji only once on 27/11/03. After that, whenever I called to book for a refill, I was told that my papers have yet to be transfered from Rohini Enterprises, Sector-7, Rohini. On contacting Rohini Enterprises, I was informed that they have already transfered my connection to Tirupati Balaji, Sector-5. These two agencies have been passing the buck onto each other and refusing to look into my complaint. I have been suffering for more than 3 years now, without a proper gas supply. Please advise me on how to go about this matter, as I need a regular supply of refill. I cannot apply for another connection from any other Indian Oil Company, as my name is registered at Indane Gas Agency.

A.Kannammal Sep 17, 2007

My consumer no. is 04814. Our agency is Bala Gas Agency, the Indane gas agency at Walaja Pet -632 513, I received last cylinder at 11.07.07 and next booking is 12.08.07. The agency confirmed that the delivery date is 16.09.07. Now they are delaying the despatch of cylinder at 17.09.07 in are several request once again the despatch delaying for three more days.

The Agency expressed only because of strike and delay despatch from your end.

With reference to the above this agency only this type of problem. Others like Ranipet,Arcot no such complaint.

Please kindly confirm the delay supply of cylinder and remedial action.

Regards,

A.Kannammal

• As
    A.Srikumar Oct 03, 2007

My consumer number 49871. Name the Dealer: Ideal Gas Agency, Coimbatore
    Complaint: Cylinder has not been delivered
    I have booked for refill on 17.09.2007.The cylinder has not been delivered yet. On enquiry I was told that the door was locked when the vendor has come for delivery. When I go for rebooking I was informed that it will take another 15 days. Since we are employed and having only one cylinder we facing hardship for carryout routine activities.
    Hence I request the cylinder suitable instruction may kindly be issued to the dealer for immediate delivery refill cylinder.
    With regards
    Mobile: 9363266620

• As
    ashamargaret Oct 05, 2007

Dear sir/madam,

I booked a cylinder for domastic use on 24-09-2009 after 20 days of the receiving of the previous cylinder. In spite of so many calls no body is responding and so for I have not received the cylinder.

thanking you,

Gas Consumer Number : 7707
    Agency : Ananth GAS agency.
    HAL

manju Oct 08, 2007

Yes. This is the same story everywhere with Indane agents. You need to follow up to cylinders.

• Pu
    purushothaman m r Oct 09, 2007

I booked the gas about one mounth ago, till now no gas.

• Re
    Reetu Goel Feb 19, 2008

I got a gas connection at Lawrence Road and when i shifted to Sector 7 Rohini my gas connection transferred from Lawrence Road to to Tirupati Balaji Indane gas agency at Sector-5.

There i am facing a lot of problem for booking the Cylinder for refilling. I have to amke more than 100 of calls...either phone is engaged tone or keep on ringing ... no one attend the call. i am suffering this problem since last three- four months.

Please look into the matter

• Ar
    arulperumjothi Oct 06, 2014

My consumer no. is 00046. Our agency is Bala Gas Agency, the Indane gas agency at Walaja Pet -632 513, I was booking 06.09.14. by Mobile phone Still not received Cylinder.
    already several time compliant to consent ( Bala Gas Agency, ) Still not response.

Arul Perumjothi

• Aj
    A. Jothi Oct 06, 2014

I booked a cylinder for domastic use on 06-09-2014 after 30 days Still Not received cylinder. In spite of so many calls no body is responding and so for I have not received the cylinder.

security threat - gas leakage

We are the domestic gas customer of Indane since last 12 years. The connection is under the name of my father Dilip Kumar Saha and the consumer number is 8981/A. We are served by the dealer Chirantani Gas Agency, Bangur Avenue, Dum Dum Kolkata.

On 10th June we realized that the cylinder is not getting off at all. Appreciating the threat to our security, we immediately contacted the dealer and requested for correction. Based on his advice, we disconnected the regulator and took it to him for an inspection. Inspecting the same, he found that the regulator is working fine and it has to be a problem with the particular cylinder. He nominated the delivery person to come and rectify the same. However, the delivery person after inspecting the same has refused to replace the cylinder or take any corrective action and advised us to live with the problem till the cylinder is not exhausted.

This is a repeat occurrence of such incidence in last few months and it is extremely disheartening to get such a treatment from a organization like Indian Oil compromising the safety and security of the citizens.

• Pp
    P. P. Valsan Jun 28, 2007

I am a customer Indane LPG and stays at New Bombay. My consumer number is 1660. Now a days there is inordinate delay in getting the gas cylinders on booking. I booked for the gas cylinder about 20 days back and on booking it was informed that it will be delivered within 2 days. Since it was not delivered after 5 days called them again and they informed that they are sending it on that day itself but nothing happened. After 2 days again contacted them again they are stating that they are sending it. It is going on and nothing is happening and till date I have not received gas cylinder.

P. P. Valsan.

• Bi
    Bidhan Chandra Sadhukhan Sep 18, 2007

I am a customer Indane LPG and stays at Residenc complex , Ministry of External Affairs, Dwarka Sector 2, Plot no. My consumer number is D 11717. This is the third time I have received only 12 KG gas instead of 14.2. kg. I have told several time about the matter to the local distributor which is Rajapur at Dearka. Today on 18/09/07 When I received the cylinder that was only 27.8 KG with cylinder instead of 30.2 KG. When I told the man who served the cylinder that it is underweight ,he suddenlly changed my cylinder which was 30.2 Kg. After that I told the local authority at Rajapuri they told it will not happen in future. But it is third time which have occurd with me.

I shall grateful if you kindly take necessary action at your end.
    Bidhan

Surendra Pandit Sep 26, 2007

I am a customer of Indane LPG and linving at 1 Dhapa Road, Calcutta 700105. my Distributor name is Cargo Distributors. My consumer number is 10668. from last 4 - 5 month i face a lot of problem to receive a gas cylinder due to abnormal delay. I booked for the gas cylinder about 19 days (on 7th Sept 07) back and till date (26th Sept 07) I have not received. 3 days ago When I call the distributors they told that we have sent it and when we asked to vendor he told me that he has yet to received the booking from dealer. Exactly I don't know what is the problem. Today when I again contacted them again they are stating that they are sending it. It is going on and nothing is happening and till date I have not received gas cylinder.

Sangeeta Jan 23, 2008

I am a customer of inane LPG and living at Palam colony New Delhi 110045.
    My distributor name is Gouri Enterprises .Tel no 011 25363464.
    Palam New Delhi 110045.

My consumer no is 21016A.

I would like to bring your kind notice now days the distributor was UN necessary delayDelivery of gas cylinders.
    Recently I have face the same. I am waiting lpg form 8/9 days

So many clls they response and commit today but I cant received yet.
    Please look the matter and resolved the problems

pramit ghosh Feb 27, 2008

I am client o Indane since 2005. Presently am registere to agent Chiorodeep in Dumdum Park, Kolkata-55 for last 20 months.
    consumer no.-20873.
    I am disguste with the attitude of the staff. They initially never accpte my application for the secon cylinder. After much heated iscussion finally they accepted it on 05.12.2007 with registration no.458017.
    But I have never been able to learn what is my staning in terms of gettiong the connection. They never comes out with clear list so that one knows when he is getting it, or even if he gets it at all.

In the mean time with single cyliner, we can not manage the things propoerly. Last time we had to hand over the cylinder yet to be empty to get a fully reille cylinder. This time we are running a kitchen without a gas cylinder.

On top of that the staff always shower us with unnecessary advices on different aspects of house keeping!

Being a doctor in government meical college, I seldom find time to meet the office staff personally in ofice hours and whenever I took timemout of my schedule to meet them, it was mostly wasted.

expecting a better client oriented service

dr.-p.ghosh

very negligent emergency services

I had a problem with my LPG cylinder. The washer was loose and the regulator was not fitting on it, when we tried to contact the local gas distributor-Indane TUCS kilpauk area, no one gave a proper reply, and then with great difficulty got two phone numbers of their service people [protected] & [protected] but there is no response on those numbers... We even tried the "in case of emergency" number on the gas bill, i.e. [protected] but we didn't get any response on that number also... We had to then call a local service guy to set it right as we had cooking work to be done...

Its hard to believe that such a big company has such an irresponsible and negligent emergency service...

• Um
    Uma Maheswari Aug 09, 2008

I had a similar problem today, but could not find the emergency numbers. I took the number you had given and they gave another number 26258245. Someone picked up and a person was promptly at my doorstep within 20 minutes and rectified the problem. Amazingly quick at 9 o'clock in the night on a Saturday !

• Na
    Naresh Aug 13, 2008

I completely agree on it. Even we have complained that our gas cylinder is leaking and no response at all.

• Me
    meenakshi Oct 27, 2008

Yes, I agree with you,
    The cylinders are supplied without the washer in it. we recived 2 times like that, No one is taking the complinent to rectify. Then we our self took the washer from old cylinder to replace it.

we got another common problem in receiving the gas cylinder, we have not received the cylinder even after 30 days of registration. No proper answer from the agencies.

Vijay Dec 06, 2008

Respected Sir,

M/s. Shivshankar Agencies, No.14, Kunrathur Road, Chennai - 116, Tel No. 044-24827924/ 24826490/ 24825867. All the phones are not reachable through out the day.

We are getting engaged tone through out the day during office hours. It is just not possible to book the cylinder refill through the phone, and by luck if we get the line after everlasted trying for more than three to four days, they will take the booking and we will get the cylinder only after 14 to 15 days. Sometimes when we get fed up of not getting line for more than a week, we go directly at the agency office for booking, but the concerned person over there, behaves so rudely, abusing the consumers in a bad manners using unparlimentary words. when we said to them that we will report this kind of bad activity to the Indane Gas higher authority, they replied that "they cannot pluck even a single hair from us". We got shocked for such a kind of reply from them.

Pls if u can take any action against this, it will be very helpful not only for me but to the entire mass.
    If u r not able to take any action against this i shall complaint in the consumer forum, human rights commission and to the press for such kind of rude behaviour and the words being used by them.

I request to look into this issue by the concerned Authorities & take the necessary actions as we have good faith in Indane Gas.

Awaiting for a fruitful result.

Thanking you,

Yours Truly,

Vijay
    (Journalist)

• Ga
    gas not received Jan 18, 2011

i am booked indane gas in sri sirinvasa gas agency, till now not received

thanks & regards
    deva-8939092999

• Jr
    JRAMESH Feb 17, 2013

I called the toll free complaint number and registered GAS LEAK today 17th Feb 2013 @ 10:45AM, Complaint# 836221 and gave my mobile #. I was told some one will call back and attend to it. Now the time is 10:35PM till now no one bothered to call back.

I did call the north & central chennai emergency number for the whole day and the number was always BUSY. When contacted our delivery man he gave another mechanic number but he told he is out on a personal work and will come after 6PM but never turned up.
    This is how a emergeny call is being handled in chennai. Whole of today we could not turn on the GAS. VERY VERY POOR CUSTOMER EMERGENCY SERVICE.

NO ONE CARES IF YOU WILL LIVE OR DIE because of GAS leak. So pathetic service, dont know when the emergency will really be taken and serviced as emergency in INDIA.

When I tried to register the feedback with http://webapp.indianoil.co.in/paribhavam/, after properly registering in the website, i got the below error

Error while inserting into master complaint table. Exiting now.

WE PAY OUR TAXES FOR SUCH POOR SERVICE :(

J. Ramesh

shortage of gas bottle in market

Last for four months i am facing a problem that when ever we need a LPG bottle and we have to book for it from the sampath & co.MORBI a dealer of indane gas. They always tell us to book your bottle after 23 days of receiving the gas bottle they cant also book it for 15days or 20days we have to wait for 23 days to book a gas bottle. For this answers we have to buy gas bottles from black market which comes from a local man who have indane gas agencies LPG bottle. And other one thing we want tell that they are motivating black market by not booking a gas bottle. In market if we have to take a bottle from black market we have to give them 400 to 450 rupee per gas bottle.

For so many times i told that dealer to give me a written letter that they cant book gas bottle for 23 days. At rajkot when ever we need gas bottles they are booking it. But that center is so much far from us it is about 65 kms from morbi.

I strongly believe that they are motivating black market and they want to make an artificial shortage in market...

mallikarjun Dec 03, 2007

I strongly agree

satish vaghela Mar 29, 2008

i m costomer of indane gas service at patan north gujarat. my gas agent khusbu gas agency, patan.
    MY CONSUMER NO:- 1978
    MY LAST BOOKING DATE:- 27/2/2008
    further, i call agency.dt. 28/03/2008 for new cylinder booking so agent say me w e can't book your cylinder because reason in you have not complited 21 days so i request to u give me details of company rules with kind informantion my mobile no is:- 09426279877

double cylinder not given!

For the last 3 months we are waiting for a double cylinder connection at our residence (P11/21, Praya...

delivery man asking for rs 10/-for delivery of gas in time

We are using indane cooking gas for last30 years and getting it through baranagar gas service, 44/51, b. t. road. kolkata-700050, distributor for indane l. p. g. of late, after booking gas cylinder, that too after numbers of phone calls, we are used to receive it through a deliveryman who in each and every occasion asks for a tips of rs 10/-. he never hesitates to threat with consequence of nondelivery of gas if payment is refused. on refusal of such payment in a particular occasion, the man threatened my mrs and said "I shall see, how will you get the delivery at the next time? I will simply report to the dealer that gas could not be supplied as the doors were locked on delivery date". this actually happened in our case and we have been supplied with the gas on 24.04.2007 after 02.02.2007 although the normal delivery time is only 4/5 days.

when reported to the manager about the incident he reluctantly replied that "well you can go for a complain to the appropriate authority. everyday, people like you complains without any positive result".

So where do we stand? do we deserve such humiliation?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices