ICICI Bank Ltd / worst nri icici bank services

Hi,

I am one of NRI customer for ICICI Bank Ltd, It is one of worst Bank and Bad Customer service, Even simple request like change of address, Check Book request etc they ask NRI customers to Old Papaer filled method by paying huge courier fee to send to Mumbai Office, It takes for weeks wheather they really updated these simple request or not . Whenever we call customer service they are worst they are not customer friendly, No user friendly interface of thier online banking, it is one of worst interface in the name of transaction id not able to update any customer profile. generally i recommand all fellow NRI friends don't open any accounts service with ICICI bank they loot money in the name of fee, no user friendly service also. please look other good services like SBI, HDFC, Citi NRI account services

Ve

Comments

• As
      1st of Mar, 2010

Hello,
    We are another poor customer of ICICI bank. Company : Nature Neem products, held at ICICI Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu. (CA number 615405051547)

Let me explain :
    After all our efforts we got export orders from Italy. The buyer has sent the money through the way ICICI has asked us to send money. ICICI boasts that we will receive the money within 3 days. Even after 15 days no once cared about the money. After several efforts we have contacted the local bank. The agent now tells that he has adviced an current account for an export company and we have to open a trade account. the bank indicates that money has arrived and they are ready to credit in our account (as if their money !!). The ICICI agent tells that we could not contact the manager directly (!!!) what a great service.

The bank asked us to give a letter that we are engaged in export business – we gave it.
    Next day – they indicate that there is a spelling mistake in the company name. ie the buyer has put all the entires correctly but he has put Nature Neen instead of Nature Neem. – Another delay.
    Then today they asked us to give 100 stamp paper – writing that the buyer has send money for us.

We have done and as usuall the money has not still arrived.

And the worst – now the buyer (after waiting 15 days patiently) has cancelled the order and he asks back the money.
    Does ICICI knows how a small company like us struggle to get an foreign order ?. Could you educate their staff, what has to be done in case there is a error.

This is not the first time we get a probleme with them. Earlier we had an account at HDFC, and we have closed the account and open at ICICI – the blunder.

We send email corporatecare@icicibank.com, nri@icicibank.com, nodalofficer@icicibank.com – with all the necessary documents as proof – no reply from any of them.

From the Poor customer of ICICI regretting to open an account with ICICI.

Ashok Sundaram
    Manager - Nature Neem - missed an export order because of ICICI

• Su
      27th of Aug, 2010

NRI Customer service really sucks. They don't have any basic knowledge. I have been requesting for transaction password, they asked bunch of questions and finally they suggested me to go online, I told them online is not working for me, that is the reason I called you idiots. Finally they told me wait for some time and try again :)

• Nr
      31st of Aug, 2010

Horrible Customer service. Worst Internet Platform. They lie about PruICICI services. Never talk about hidden fees. Stick with national banks that are known, SBI etc... Never ICICI. I'm moving out... soon.

• Mc
      22nd of Sep, 2010

I have a NRI fixed account with ICICi bank for past 6 years. This time we wanted to close account on maturity. However to our horror they said there is " Debit Freeze" so we can not close account. But who and Why this Debit freeze happened no one in customer care service is able to answer for the past one month.
    I am sure they have siphoned money somewhere and now are in process of manufacturing false documents to prove there innocence.

I will recommend all NRI's to be exteremly cautious before opening account with ICICI bank. If you have account try to close and transfer somewhere.

Mamta Sarkar

• As
      9th of Dec, 2010

Same Poor Nature Neem Products - The problems continues. Nearly 600 euros or 180000 ruppes got stuck for the past 20 Days. the sender has done a mistake while sending money to Chase Morgan. The money went to Chase Morgan. Chase Morgan does not returns the money. ICICI tells that they are not responsible and my client was not happy simply because I have an account with ICICI. My simple question is its ICICI who is presenting chase Morgan and its ICICI who ask to send money to chase morgan. If there is problem then its they who should contact chase morgan to see that money has been wrongly sent to any other account. a pack of untrained people who don't know what to do in case of a probleme in the money transfer. - Ashok sundara, manager marketing nature neem - finally lost an export order, because the buyer has waited for the past 20 days.

• Ra
      19th of Jan, 2011

HDFC is also the WORST bank. The customer service Sucks, If you are NRI DONT ever open any kind of account with HDFC. I have Demat and nri accounts with HDFC and the customer service is so amateur and incompetent.

• Ka
      16th of Feb, 2011

I should add my bits here. somebody took my wallet in which I had the icici debit card for my NRI account. The customer service teams says that the online system they use is down and they cant block my card. This is the first time I lost my card and I have been trying my level best to cancel all the cards that I had. But ICICI is a nightmare. They asked me to call after sometime.
    When I asked about the possibility of me loosing my money if the person who took my wallet uses it, they apologized. I have been stuck with them for long time now, I faced lot of problems. now I think I have to close my account.

-Karthick

7th of Mar, 2011

Icici bank NRI services are worst and pathatic.PLEASE DO NOT OPEN ACCOUNT WITH ICICI BANK I am having NRI account with ICICI bank, but I was never able transfer my monet for urgent needs, literally their pathatic services makes us CRY. here are the 2 examples
    1) It took 35-40days for the process to send my transaction password for INet banking
    2) to ejust enable my internet user id they took 1week time.
    I relly dont understand that we are 19th century or 21st century. They just want retain the public money by showing FALTHOO reasons. BEWARE OF ICICI BANK
    Please let me know if any one wants sue that bank, I will join.

7th of Mar, 2011

I have requested Cust Exe to transfer the call to supervisor, I was told that i will be on hold for 10-15min to get supervisor on call, It been 40min, still i am listening the boring waiting tone :( I think supervisor is having good nap and may wake up in the morning.

• Ya
      23rd of May, 2011

ICICI SERVICES ARE REALLY JOKE... ESPECIALLY GPCERM... THEY ASSIGN A RELATIONSHIP MANAGER TO NRI CUSTOMERS WHICH IS THE WORST THING COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE... BECAUSE NOW YOU ARE STUCK WITH ONE PERSON WHO WILL GIVE YOU SERVICE AT HIS/HER OWN TERMS...
    JUST WROTE FOLLOWING MAIL TO MY RELATIONSHIP MANAGER...
    This was really a joke. You have my transaction under process since the date on your this email. Which is May 10th. Today is is May 23rd. You havent goddam even gave me a call...and you are calling yourself my relationship manager... I have sent 4 emails in this time period...
    I am better off not have any body my relation ship manager... that would be better... When there is an action to do, , , I am noticing zero performance...
    I can get better performance by calling 1866-ICICI4U. GPCERM IS A SHAME TO BE IN... I NEVER LIKE TO DEAL WITH SUCH DEPARTMENT

IS THIS BANK GOT ANY RULES / REGULATIONS OR ANYTHING FOR THE SAKE OF QUALITY...
    QUALITY. OR THERE IS ONLY FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION
    FRUSTRATIONFRUSTRATIONFRUSTRATIONFRUSTRATION FRUSTRATIONFRUSTRATION

• Bg
      28th of Jun, 2011

BEWARE NRI CUSTOMERS !!! IF YOU SEND REMITTANCE TO INDIA TO ICICI BANK ACCOUNT BANK CONVERTS YOUR DOLLARS INTO RUPEE AT " CARD RATE " WHICH IS NORMALLY GIVEN TO TOURISTS WALKING IN TO ENCASH FEW DOLLARS! THIS CRAD RATE IS NOT A REAL EXCHANGE RATE BANK NORMALLY GIVES TO TRADE CLIENTS . THE DIFFERENCE IS MORE THAN 100 PAISE ! WHICH MEANS BANK MAKESA COOL 10000 RUPEES EXTRA PROFIT ON A USG 10000 REMITTANCE YOU MAKE .SO BEWARE. THEY ARE MAKING A FOOL OUT OF GULLIBLE AND IGNORANT NRIS. YOU ARE GETTING A RAW DEAL. IT IS HIGH TIME THAT RBI OR SOME REGULATOR STEP IN TO REIGN IN BANKS INDULGING IN THIS SORT OF UNETHICAL UNDUE ENRICHMENT ROBBING NRIS OF THEIR HARD EARNINGS THEY REPATRIATE TO INDIA.THERE SHOULD BE SOME NORMS AND BANK SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO MAKE SUCH HEFTY PROFITS IN A SECRETIVE MANNER .SO NEXT TIME YOU SEND REMITTANCE TO INDIA CHECK RATES THEY OFFER AND DONT SETTLE FOR THE CARD RATE . CHECK OUT FOR REAL RATES IN WWW.XE.COM FOR DIFFERENT CURRENCY CONVERSION WHERE YOU GET INTERBANK RATES AND BASED ON THIS BANK NORMALLY KEEP A SPREAD ( MARGIN) OF SAY MAXIMUM OF 10 PAISE ON A DOLLAR AND NOT 100 PAISE !! IF YOU FIND THEY HAVE SHORT-CHANGED YOU, GO AND COMPLAIN. OR CHECK OUT WITH THEM THEM BEFORE HAND WHAT RATE AND WHAT SPREAD ( MARGIN) THEY WILL KEEP OVER THIS INTERNABK RATE > BETTER BE AN INFORMED CUSTOMER OTHERWISE BANKS THESE DAYS ARE ONLY SUCKING THE DEPOSITORS TO MAKE UP FOR THEIR BAD DEBT WRITE-OFF LOSSES BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT RECOVER FROMN BORROWERS, SO THEY HAVE DEPOSITORS LIKE US TO SHORTCHANGE AND MAKE UP THEIR LOSSES.

• Bh
      19th of Sep, 2011

most worst bank.. i have dealt with...don't open account with this bank..

21st of May, 2012

worst and third class bank

• Ak
      9th of Aug, 2012

Strongly agree with the sorry and pathetic state of affairs with ICICI bank. It is shame that a multinational bank has this standard.
    I challenge any of the ICICI officials to use there website and customer service and tell how they feel.
    THIS BANK SUCKS BIG TIME
    I curse the day I opened an account with them.

19th of Aug, 2012

Thanks for opening up this valid complaint board!
    I agree with most of the comments and complaints for this private bank - ICICI India Limited.
    1. Their application to repatriate money bank to foreign country ( from FCNR / NRE accounts) - does not work. So, what does it mean, you put your money to the bank - and when you need it, they need all the crap details.
    Customer service on 19th August 2012 - responds that they will reply by August 25th !!
    2. They'll charge you multiple time. I was amazed to see my previous bank statements that 2 times in a year they were charging for card. NRI's will never find any bank worst than this one.
    3. Money2India: If you forget to check your bank credit amounts, there is a great possibility - the money will not be credited to your bank account automatically.
    4. Customer service: is a joke
    5. icicidirect.com : my cheque is lost or missed (intentionally??)
    6. people who call you from some numbers, need your personal details. they may even approach you for the jobs overseas.

If this is your hard-earned money - and that you want to see it worked - keep yourself away from ICICI bank.. Online service, banking platforms which it seems - won't work when you need it.

National banks like State bank of India is best choice where you wont get any surprises!!!

Keep away from ICICI - best alternative is State bank of India.

Satyendra - Brussels

• Bh
      3rd of Jan, 2013

ICICI BANK IS EXTREMELY BAD AND TAKES PLEASURE IN ROBBING NRI CUSTOMERS!!! THEY ALSO FEED FLASE INFORMATION AND TELL LIES!! UPON OPENING UP MY NRO ACCOUNT IT WAS SAID THAT I HAD TO SEND DOCCUMENTS AND A CHEQUE TO MUMBAI. I SPOKE TO AN ADVISOR WHO SAID THAT HE WOULD ARRANGE A COURIER SERVICE TO MUMBAI FROM MY UK ADDRESS. I SPECIFICALLY ASKED HIM WHETHER THIS SERVICE WOULD BE FREE OF CHARGE AND ARRANGE BY ICICI BANK WHICH HE ASSURED ME IT WAS. HOWEVER I TODAY RECIEVED A BILL FOR THIS COURIER SERVICE TO MUMBAI FOR £58!!! AND EVEN MORE AMAZING WAS THAT THE BILL WAS SENT TO MUMBAI BUT THEY HAD THE CHEEK TO FORWARD IT TO ME IN THE UK!!! I HAVE SENT MANY EMAIL REQUESTING A CALL BACK BUT HAVE NOT RECIEVED A RESPONSE. LET ME TELL YOU I AM NOT GOING TO PAY THIS BILL AND I HAVE NOT WORRIES ABOUT TAKING THIS MATTER HIGHER SO GIVE ME A CALL BACK SO THIS CAN BE SORTED OUT!!

• Ra
      6th of Mar, 2013

This bank is one of the worst bank! I am struggling to make one simple online fund transfer, their system simple do not work, even they can't track the transaction number generated from their system! If their system is so stupid, how can we trust they keep our money safe. I have reached customer service several time and try to make the transfers as they direct, the result "we can't process your request, please try later". This happened all the time and I was not able to make the transaction at all. After several failed attempts, they said I have to talk to recipient bank to fix this, this is crazy..
    After all these frustration, next day, for each failed service, you get a call to take customers satisfaction survey..perhaps they have to work to make their system workable than putting flashy add in their website and paying useless customer service team.
    Worst bank ever!!!

• Pi
      23rd of Jun, 2013

I have a ICICI account an today i found about 20, 000 Rs of fake transaction from my account.. when i called customer service they blocked my card but they are not ready to return me the money. They want me to go to India and log a FIR. worst service ever.. Anyone has any suggestions?

• Pr
      1st of Jul, 2013

I have triggered a transaction to convert 4800 GBP to INR using ICICI Money to India.
    They were holding my money for 15 days and telling some stupid reasons they gave money back to my UK account after troubling me a lot.
    My loan account in India was due and I couldn't pay that on time because of ICICI.
    Because of all these troubles I have undergone, ICICI offered £ 50.00 and additional 20 paisa more on rate to me on my next transaction.
    Later again I transferred 4800 and they converted with very less rate. Less than Rs 2.50 from XE rate. Moreover I have not got the £50 and the additional rate of 20 paisa.
    They will put a good rate in the website to attract the customers, and when they do the conversion, they will reduce the rate in the site and will apply only that rate.
    Do not trust ICICI. I have been using ICICI money to India in last 5 years and I had a big loss and will never use it again.
    Only on my last transaction I lost Rs. 14300. Please can someone please advise, how I need to take this forward.
    Pradeep T
    pradeepj1980hyd@yahoo.com

• Ku
      26th of Nov, 2013

Worst NRI services, Main problem is with their phone banking officers as they don't know anything when you raise a problem. Dear ICICI Bank..please do not provide the toll free numbers if they are not able to help and finally we have to write an email for the issue. I am facing an error message since last 3 days and no one is replying on email. Fed up with their services, No superviser is looking the issues. Fed-up and going to use other bank services. Its Enough...