ICICI Bank — unable to confirm payee while abroad
I want bring to your notice about the pathetic operations at ICICI Bank. I have an ICICI savings account in Kukatpally, Hyderabad Branch. I came to USA on a professional assignment.
My mobile number (India) registered with ICICI is de-activated and there is no means for me to receive the URN or OTP! It is quite strange to learn that, the phone banking officer says 'OTP' through phone when we provide the account number, PIN, security password and other details to authenticate myself.
But, the same does not hold good for URN to confirm a payee!! I was asked to send a postal courier to ICICI bank requesting the change in mobile number with proof of identity (Hard Copies). The entire process can take upto 3- 4 weeks.
Spoke with N Number of phone banking officers and all they could say is sorry for not being able to provide URN/ confirm payee even after I authenticate myself with all the necessary details. What is the point of having phone banking service, when you cannot provide a simple service to confirm a payee????
ICICI should either provide a feature to change the mobile number online or improve their phone banking services to help us better.
More ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service!
- ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card.
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers!
- ICICI Bank - netbankig froud
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance - fraudulent icici prudential insurance policy without my knowledge
- ICICI Credit Card - false statement
- ICICI Prudential - fraud by icici prudential agent and need urgent assistance
- ICICI Bank - sarwagya updhyay, amit goel icici bank manager cheated, mg road, blr