HSBC Credit Cards / unethical practices!

Providence, RI, United States Review updated:
Starting last december I received a phone call from HSBC stating I did not pay the previous bill. I explained I never received a bill that month and it slipped my mind (I never missed a prior payment). I told them I would send them payment immediately. And that's when all the late charges and bogus fee's started showing up. Shortly after those the relentless phone calls began!! I stated throwing money at them for all kinds of weird charges... finally I canceled the acct. and tried to transfer the balance which they attempted to block. However, in a round about way I was finally able to transfer the balance and get out from under their mafia...
Li

Comments

We
  22nd of Apr, 2010
You will find that HSBC typically misses sending a statement/bill when payments are about to be paid off without interest. In addition, if you pay off a promotion in an amount that exceeds the minimum payment, you will still be charged a late fee if you do not also covere the minimum payment due in addition to the promotion pay-off amount (which again far exceeds the minimum payment due). I think that this practice is unethical and should be reviewed.

HSBC Holdings Logo HSBC Holdings