HSBC / mentally harassment from hsbc bank

It’s really a mental harassment from hsbc bank…

Let me explain why…

I have a primary credit card (* 8537) with hsbc bank from last one and half year. I was shopping with that primary card any paying the bills as usual. last year april/may (not sure about the month) I got shocked when I open the bill statement received from hsbc bank. I got a bill statement of rs.75000/- from hsbc bank. immediately I called hsbc customer care and informed the same. they said, on your name one more card (add on card) got released to your address. I asked about the courier details, went to the courier office, and got the details from the courier office. but the bank has given wrong address and courier had delivered it to same address (not my address). that stupid fellow (recipient of the card) received the card and purchased what ever he waned and billed around rs.75000/- with in 4 days of time. but the bill statement sent to my address.

But I did not get any call from hsbc bank regarding that add on card. and did not get even sms or a call after billed rs.75000/-.

Finally the bank customer care people (nandini/meena – from chennai branch) told that we will investigate the case and asked me to send one hand written statement about the issue. I did the same and sent a hand written fax to nandini and meena. after few days I got a call from one person (tushar – from bangalore branch) and told me that, “ we are investigating the case and will close this as soon as possible. if you get any bill statement please ignore. if anybody comes for bill collection please inform them tushar is investigating on that so please contact him ”. after few days the collection department came to my home for the bill collection, I told the same as tushar told me. this happened continues 2 months and after that no body has come for the collection. I thought may be case has been closed. but still I am getting the bill statements.

Now, I applied for a personal loan (this is my first loan in my career) they enquired and rejected my application since this amount details has been updated in cibil credit history. you know, in future also I cannot get any loan or related things from any bank regarding this bad credit history.

So, last week I called the hsbc customer care and asked about the status of my case and about the credit history.

They said that card had closed. but still I did not get any letter from hsbc regarding the issue. I had sent a hand written fax last year june (2008), so its one year completed but still no response from hsbc bank.

I called bangalore branch as well as chennai branch customer care department. but they are really help less. they were telling that we don’t have the details about this issue you contact recovery department and they have given some phone numbers [protected]-bangalore, [protected]-chennai) but nothing is working and no response from hsbc people…

- sreenivas

A  4th of Oct, 2010 by
Please allow me to introduce myself my name is Michael Mason-Mahon and I am a shareholder of HSBC Plc. I am based in London yet I am a very regular visitor to India.

At HSBC Annual General Meeting of Shareholders 2010 I did address my concerns with the Board of Directors concerning what HSBC has been doing and is doing in India to our customers.

Please allow me to say that I am very sorry the way HSBC has treated yourself.

I may be able to help you. I can assure you that I will do all that I can to help you. I have been very successful in the people that I have taken up their cases with HSBC.

I have been able to deal with complaints, and had all charges removed and had their names removed from CIBIL. they are very happy. Even if you have paid them money, I can assure you that what they did to you and this is my personal belief that their actions are illegal.

So if you would like to contact me, please send me your complaint in full.

Kind regards