HSBC Bank Bangkok / yahoo lottery win

Phone: 0754283982
I received several emails from hsbc bank bangkok saying I had won one of the yahoo lotteries for the Asis Pacific regeon I tried to phone the number on the email but kept getting answering service.made me suspicious.Then got email asking for $650USD to enable my win to be sent to me.It was one million american dollars.I am not sendig the money as I have never heard of a lottery that you have to pay to get your win.Ibelieve this to be a scam.am I right in believing this to be a scam F. D. Willows

A  27th of Jun, 2009 by
This is nothing but a scam. In the US you can win a lottery unless you went to that country. Do not believe in e-mails that states you won something. It is nothing but a big scam.

A friend of mine fell for a dating scam and she had to move out of her apartment, pay the bank back over $3, 500 when the scam artist took all her money from your checking account.

1) Only play the lottery in the state you are in.
2) Do not believe any e-mails state that you win anything.
3)Do not type any personal information (SSN, address, PHONE NUMBER etc...) The scamers love it.
4)Do not post or give our your credit card or debit card information via e-mail or anywebsite that does not have HTTPS: in the start and confirm that there is a lock image that is locked.

HSBC Holdings Logo HSBC Holdings