H&R Block / bunch of crap and total rip off!

United States Review updated:
Hello I've been using h&r block, for years. Never had a problem--the new promotion this year, is called the imil, which 1/2 of your return, is placed on credit card (this year i went with end of the year check stub).

Which they advertise, so i did, an amount was placed on the credit card,for me,,issued by them, with mc logo on it-my first visit,,and the rest to follow--when i brought in the actual w-2,,thats when the crap started,well the remainder of monies owed to me never went on the card--they couldn't find my info in the computer(they claimed computer problems--the manager was useless, i payed 89.95& tax, for the credit card initially, the remainder was issued in two checks,,and of course they subtracted "there fees", even tho it's there "error"--what a bunch of crap--and total rip off. No more h&r block, for me.

A  8th of Feb, 2007 by
I had an appointment with Don at 5:15 P.M. after waiting 45 minutes for my appointment Don came out and told me he was taking a couple who came in off the street with NO appointment instead of me. The same thing happened to me last year at the H&R office in Ellwood City, after I waited an hour there! I don't feel the consumer who extends the courtesy to be early for an appointment should be treated this way.
A  9th of Feb, 2007 by
Tried to use the free tax filing service on H&R Block's website and instead was directed to their premium pay service. When I tried to cancel my account I set up, I was told it could not be deleted until after tax season. A talk with a supervisor was unsuccessful.
A  15th of Nov, 2007 by
N  31st of Jan, 2011 by
i too went to h r block this year as i have over the past 10 years always getting the line of credit because i am a single mother and need the money. this year everything went to crap... not only did they take the rapid refund away, i was not approved for the loan, then was not told the fee for a REGULAR refund 8 to 15 days was STILL going to be WELL OVER $300 i am soooooo pissed right now i am not NOT going to them anymore... and i advise anyone who reads this to go somewhere else as well they need to do something about h r block thats a fricken rip off!!!

H&R Block / HRB Digital Logo H&R Block / HRB Digital