HP / repair scam
My Compaq laptop that I bought last October had a defect with the wireless card. Seems it was a crappy card to begin with and it died.
I contacted HP and they were very nice and sent me the box and all to send it in for a free replacement of the card.
Note, the wireless was the ONLY problem and everything else worked perfectly. Just the faulty wireless card that HP is replacing because it was a sub-par card they used when building the laptops.
Anyway, I get up this morning and see on the repair status that it is now out of warranty and the charge is 750.00!!!
I call them to see what the deal is and am told that the motherboard, the hard drive, the fan, the processor, the keyboard are all shot due to liquid spillage.
I did not spill anything on this keyboard and I went bezerk on the phone. The computer was immaculate when it was shipped to them, other than the wireless card not working. I filed a formal dispute with them and was told to call back in 24-48 hours.
I also did a little digging online and it seems this isn’t uncommon of HP and their shady practices.
More HP Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet 5255 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - product
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hewlett-packard / hp envy x360
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - unexpected charge for tech support 
- Hewlett Packard - tech support/possible scam