Hp Ipaq 910c Business Communicator — hp ipaq 910 defective gps quick connection
The $500 hp ipaq 910 business communicator is a windows mobile smartphone with built-in gps. Like previous models of hp phones with gps, the ipaq 910 depends on downloaded ephemeris* data so that it can decode data from the gps satellites quickly. Failure to have current ephemeris data means that the phone will take 20 minutes or longer to decode gps coordinates. Hp provides a utility program, gps quick position, to download the ephemeris data, however the program does not operate correctly. Hp customer support says their engineers are aware of the problem but that no fix and no estimate of time to repair is available. Requring 20 minutes or more to decode gps coordinates makes that function unusable, like taking 20 minutes for the phone to turn on, or 20 minutes to start an automobile. The delay is so long that the function not usable for its intended purpose. It is poor judgement on the part of hp to not recognize this problem with the gps as a defect and sufficient cause to return the product for exchange or refund.
More Hp Ipaq 910c Business Communicator Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless!
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product!
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service!
- Hp Pl4260n 42 - failure to work
- Hp, Monitor, 22xi, - started hazzy lines and went bad within 4 months, accepted for repair but not completed within 2 months and requestint two more months now
- HP - hp products and customer service
- HP - repair scam
- HP - shipment delayed by 3 weeks