Honda Usj / Bad Service, Bad Attitude

1 Malaysia Review updated:

Series of bad encounters with Honda USJ:-
1. When I purchased a Honda CRV in 2008, the sales person recommended that I purchase the add-ons from external suppliers via her because Honda is selling at a much more expensive prices. She did this in the Honda showroom itself. How unprofessional. She did not bother to run through the checklist when she delivered the car e.g. verify the engine number, show how the functions work, etc.

2. The service manager was not service-oriented and arrogant when dealing with complaints with regard to the service provided.

3. I tried calling to make an appointment for 2 straight days for 15 times before someone picked up the phone. Talk about "your call is important to us..."!!

I used to own a Toyota and Honda is no way close to Toyota in terms of professionalism, service and quality.

Do not buy Honda...it's not worth the price you pay for

Mu

Comments

• Ba
      16th of Oct, 2009

My wife purchased an Odyssey from Gillman Honda in San Antonio Texas. Not too long after the purchase I took it to the dealership due to the sliding door on the drivers door not closing properly. The problem happens most often in our drive which has a good slope to it. Of course it did not happen when I got to the dealership. I was not greeted at the drive and had to wait for a service writer to finish what ever he was doing to assist me. He looked at the door and said it probably needed lube and got a can of some spray lube. After he finished he sent me on my way. No ticket was ever opened. Problem still exists.

Wife's mother attempted to take car in yesterday. Same deal with service writers. They are busy with some paperwork or something. This time they will not get up off their lazy ### to go outside and look at the door. Had her go out and operate the door which worked ok at that time. They said there was no problem and again never wrote up a ticket.

Last night even in manual mode and on flat ground we had the problem numerous times. Do Honda know there is a problem and attempting to hide it or is their service dept that bad?

• Al
      3rd of Aug, 2011

These scammers tried to get me to clean my injectors and clean the throttle body at 40kms service!!! Even Ferraris and Lambos does not require these done at that mileage. When questioned further they tried to say that it is not a requirement by Honda. The car was running fine and had no issues with the engine so I told the to F..k off.
    I wonder if Honda Malaysia sanctioned this type of scams by their dealers, maybe someone there is getting a kickback to turn a blind eye.