Having problems with Mazda?

Mazda reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 26, 2006. The latest review Mazda CX 5 and your customer service line was posted on Aug 31, 2021. The latest complaint deceptive practices/false advertising was resolved on Nov 28, 2014. Mazda has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 69 reviews. Mazda has resolved 36 complaints.

Mazda Customer Service Contacts

+1 949 727 1990 (United States)
+44 132 262 2600 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 334 700 (Ireland)
+61 385 401 800 (Australia)
+64 95 719 720 (New Zealand)
+43 46 338 880 (Austria)
+32 38 606 611 (Belgium)
+45 43 252 100 (Denmark)
+49 21 739 430 (Germany)
+39 660 2971 (Italy)
+31 182 685 000 (Netherlands)
+351 213 512 770 (Portugal)
+41 227 193 300 (Switzerland)
+852 37 684 888 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 553 2800 (Indonesia)
+60 376 278 888 (Malaysia)
+63 25 518 000 (Philippines)
+65 63 633 003 (Singapore)
+27 127 607 700 (South Africa)
+66 20 305 400 (Thailand)
+84 839 977 824 (Vietnam)
3-1 Shinchi, Fuchu-cho, Aki-gun
Hiroshima
Japan - 730-8670

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mazda Customer Service. Initial Mazda complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mazda above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mazda. Discuss the issues you have had with Mazda and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Mazda Complaints & Reviews

Aug 31, 2021

Mazda — Mazda CX 5 and your customer service line

I was in a car accident on 8/3/21. I brought my car over to Crash Champions on 8/4. First the hood was on...

MazdaRegular Maintenance, customer care, passenger seat occupancy warning.

My recent service (yesterday) leaves me so angry I can't think of much else. This car is my second MX5 bought at this dealership. 3 problems so far. 1. AC failed due to bad seal - common enough problem and in exactly the same place as numerous other MX5 complaints found on the Internet who've had the same problem. I'd recommend fixing the problem where it is caused which is at the factory where the worker failed to either install the seal, or properly tighten the connection. 2. Passenger seat sensor indicates a person is in the seat and constantly warns the seat belt is not fastened. Another common problem, associated with the sensor in the seat. This isn't a sporadic problem that triggers a light that has to be reset. It is checked constantly, and the condition status is not one that is retained between iterations or drive cycles. It's caused by 1 of two things. 1. Something is in the seat and the seat belt isn't fastened. 2. The sensor is bad. Since there was NOTHING in the seat at all, the sensor obviously is at fault and should have been replaced. NOT "checked it out", "reset the fault in the computer". Even so, the tech didn't even bother to unfasten the seat belt to ensure the warning did not sound with the seat empty after he "reset the code" as I found the seat belt fastened just as I'd left it so I didn't have to listen to the constant warning bell. I'm 1000% sure I'll be forced to return to the dealership for the same issue because it was not fixed the first time. The service department is absolutely terrible. I bought paintless dent repair when I bought the car. Never was I told that it was a service not provided and managed by Whaling city. So when I needed it, I called and asked for the service. The service department twice told me they didn't handle this service, I had to talk to the body shop. My goal was to reduce trips to the dealership by scheduling regular maintenance along with the ding repair. I asked the service guy if he could coordinate the service and the ding repair with the body shop to facilitate that. Answer... wait for it. No, I needed to talk to the body shop. Not even an offer to transfer the call. Really...oh that's not good enough. I called the body shop and was told "we don't do that here". That's it, no explanation even when told I was sold the service when I bought the car. The answer was we don't do that here and I don't know anything about it. I waited a couple of days, mulling it over then called back. I talked to service (same story), I called the body shop and at least talked with someone who was willing to at least try to help. He said it wasn't done in house and he'd have to check into how the process was taken care of and he'd get back to me. Sounds good until we get to the part where he never called back. I called again, and was finally told some actionable information in the form of the name of the company who does the work. I took the time to look up their phone number and we're in the process of working through that mess. Now, final straw. I called to schedule routine maintenance and to fix the issue with the passenger seat. I was given an appointment. I brought the car in the evening before the appointment as I had things to do the following day and wouldn't have time to drop it off on the day of the appointment. The service person said good because we're swamped and he didn't think I'd be able to wait for the service to be completed anyway and he wasn't even sure they'd be able to get to the scheduled work that day. I reminded him I had an appointment but he just repeated how busy they were. I had brought in a typed letter stating what the car was there for. 15k maintenance, and the seat problem. I also stated "DO NOT rotate the tires as I've just done so". The service guy didn't suggest rescheduling, just thanked me for bringing it in early so they could fit it in as time presented itself. I told him it could be late in the day and that I didn't know if I'd be able to pick it up that day anyway. So the appointment day passed and by the next morning I'd not heard back from the service department so I called. I was told "all that remained to be done" was the oil change and the troubleshooting on the seat. I said "oh you didn't get to it at all yesterday". He said, we're swamped an I guess not and he wasn't sure they'd be able to get to it today either. Another REALLY>>>>>>> 2 days for standard regular maintenance (by appointment) and no promise to even have it done then. No offer for a rental or even a ride to work from the dealership either. I called back later in the day and was told "oh we tried to call you but couldn't reach me". The only number Mazda has for me is my desk at work which has voice mail. Nothing there including that a call might have been missed. Ok, car's ready. I went to pick it up and was told $79. I asked what I was charged for since $79 seemed high for just an oil change. He said, the oil change was done, and the tire rotation... I stopped him there and said I'd left the letter stating to NOT rotate the tires. His response, oh it doesn't matter we don't charge for that anyway. That kind of sounded odd to me but hey, life goes on. I paid and left to find the car. Nobody bothered to mention just where the car was so I walked around for a bit and found the car. I started it up and took a second to calm down since all of this was just unreal to me at this point. While sitting there I noticed there was no sticker informing me of the next maintenance interval. Hmmm odd...but figured "so what" the computer will tell me when it needs maintenance again but then I also noticed, no floor protection left on the floor, and that maintenance warning system was had been reset turned off! Not in flexible mode or set to a hard mileage or month. NOTHING. Now I was really ticked off and noticed the few small items I'd had sitting on the passenger seat (phone charging cord, spare face mask) was laying on the passenger side floor. I got out of the car and opened the hood to see if there was any sign that any work was done. Looked at the washer fluid and low and behold it hadn't been refilled either. I went back into the dealership and asked the service guy to have the fluids topped off as they should have been to begin with. I walked away to talk to the salesman who I'd bought the car from. After a bit the service manager came by and asked for me by a name other than Ray since of course Ray is a difficult name to speak (ok that's petty) and took me to the service department to explain why they didn't really want my business by saying the service department was a screwed up and he'd only been there two days and blah, blah, blah. but the maintenance was done correctly. I specifically asked him if the service was supposed to include resetting the maintenance system. He said yes...I told him that it hadn't been done. I asked if the tires were supposed to be rotated. He said yes and that they weren't because I'd asked for them to be left alone. I asked if that tire rotation was itemized as part of the cost of the work. He didn't really answer. I asked about the washer fluid. He went to the tech. and I guess asked him some questions. Another obviously disenchanted tech. joined the conversation seeming to indicate they didn't top off the washer fluid because it was the wrong color (or at least different color than "Mazda washer fluid"). No excuse for the maintenance system not being reset. When the manager returned he informed me of the washer issue, and I told him to just top off the fluids as the maintenance was supposed to top off. He told me the tech would set the maintenance intervals to 5k miles but started going on about the car and he wouldn't this or that. I asked what the maintenance schedule recommended for New England under highway only driving conditions... he said 5k or 4 months. I asked even with full synthetic oil and he said, ok I guess we can set it to flexible (or something like that) since you paid for full synthetic products. I said wait a minute. When it was here last (for it's second oil change) they system was reset to 10k miles or one year as indicated by both the maintenance system and the windshield sticker. He said oh no way, he wouldn't drive a car like this like that and oh sorry they'd run out of windshield stickers. At this point I just gave up seeing things had no chance of getting better. I got my key and went outside to search for the car again. Upon getting in it I found (no floor coverings...again), the maintenance had NOT been set but low and behold a sticker was on the windshield for 5k miles and 4 months for the next oil change. In summary. The MX5 is one of the best cars on the market but it's only as good as the service provided to keep it that way. I paid over 50% of the total cost of the car as a down payment. After this service, I'm done with Mazda. I'm trading the car in for one who has service that isn't out of the 18th century, who actually understands and believes in workmanship, standards, and ethical behavior. But I guess what I got yesterday is better than the previous maintenance where the oil drain plug seal was split by the tech. when he reinstalled the plug which caused the car to leak oil all over my garage floor. And BTW the sales slip for the work now indicates "not all fluids are topped off see advisor for details". I was also charged $3.59 for the wiper fluid, and the absolute pleasure in paying for (and being charged) $5.00 for "Customer pay shop charge for repair order". Just exactly what is that charge for and just how in the hell is the wiper fluid charge not part of service called "The Works". And BTW, a good start to fixing the problems you have with your service department is to correct the problems I've reported and survey your sales staff. Ask them if they (honestly) would have their cars serviced at the dealership. If they all answer yes, you're on your way to resolving the issue because as it currently stands there are several who have offered that they wouldn't have their cars serviced there.

MazdaCX30 Battery Low Warning Notification

The battery low warning notification appears when the car is driven short distances and then restarted when there is nothing apparently wrong with the battery.

This is a brand new car with approximately 600 miles . We bought this make and model based on research that rated this car #1.

This issue, while not safety related, is very disappointing, especially since Mazda knows there is an issue and has issued a technical bulletin, but not a recall to correct the problem.

The car unlocks when the fob is within 3 meters of the vehicle, according to information provided by Mazda, so even if you lock the car and walk away it may unlock automatically causing electronics to work in the background draining the battery.

Apr 02, 2021

Mazda — Jake Sweeney Mazda Tri-County

I purchased a 2021 Mazda CX-9 from Jake Sweeney Mazda Tri-County on 3/6/21. As part of the deal the...

Mazda2020 CX-30

When purchasing the vehicle, all advertisements show a navigation system and the dealership never advised me this was an optional add-on. I would never have purchased the vehicle if I had known this. Dealership seems unable to tell me whether Mazda makes an SD card for South Asia for the navigation system. 3 trips to the dealer, 5 sales associates, one manager and all I can get is "use android carplay with a phone made in Thailand" or "we can order a card for about 15000 baht". Besides the fact that this price is ridiculous, now the dealer says Mazda doesn't make the sd card for South Asia. Is there an SD card or not? If yes, who sells it?

Aug 03, 2019

Russ Darrow Mazda of Greenfield — price cheating

On August 1st, 2019, I seached online and found a 2015 Mazda CX-9 with 34981 miles at Russ Darrow Mazda of...

CMH Mazda Hatfieldovercharge

Good day
        We purchased our Ford Fiesta in October 2017. The saleman Bongani brought me a vehicle to view and I was happy to
        proceed with the purchase.
        Two days later after completing the application form I was informed that the Silver Fiesta which I viewed was not longer
        available but he could offer me a white Ford Fiesta.
        I need to mention that I did not view the vehicle, as I was scheduled for a operation the following day.
        He mentioned that this vehicle price was higher than the Silver one. He then asked me what instalment I could afford.
        could afford. My response was max R2500.00.
        My husband went to collect the vehicle and signed the contract. I was discharged from hospital and on reviewing the
        agreement a noticed a lot of discrepancies.
        I queried the additional products and my husband said Zandile said it was all included in the price. I called the dealership to
        equerry the additional cost. I do have to mention that the Dealership Principal was extremely rude to me. He would not
        discuss the agreement with me as my husband was the the contract holder.
        They added additional products to the value of R16 258.00.Purchase price went from
        R119, 236.85 to R142 000.00
        We visited the the branch and wanted to cancel the deal, After discussions with the Dealer principal it was agreed that the
        extras would be reversed and the price of the vehicle would be R105 000.00 excl vat.
        The only cost for my account should be, vehicle price tinted windows, Registration and on Road fee.
        The Vehicle Price was never amended. I did follow up with the dealership on numerous occasions. Bongani insisted that the
        price was correct

Respond

CMH Mazda Durban — Mazda cx7 headlight misted up..

I took my vehicle to Mazda-Durban due to my Passenger side headlight misting up..I dealt with Phillip Ndlovu...

Durban

Destination Mazda — Diagnostics Turned Disaster - Horrible To Women

Going to this dealership's repair shop was the WORST decision of my life - if you love your car, run the...

Premier Mazda — Deceptive practices

We bought a used car at premier, the sales person was okay and the price was acceptable. So we did the deal...

Kieswetter Mazda — Poor service

Have had 3 bad experiences with this dealership in under a year: 1) Bought a new Mazda 6 in beginning of 2014...

Kitchener

Mazda of Bedforddeceptive practices/false advertising

Deceptive practices & False advertising:
          1) Niece very interested in 04 Beetle and on 10/21/2014 went to see the vehicle but was unavailable to test drive. The top needed to be fixed, and Jon Chaney & Kevin O'Malley said it would be 2000.00 to fix (or less) to be added to advertised cost of the car. Week or so later, Kevin called and advised that Jon said it cost 3400.00 to fix and that they would eat the difference. (no one would produce an invoice showing proof of repair or cost. After the fact and paying 2000.00, I called the dealership that did the repair and they advised the cost was 1850.00. So they owe me 150.00 plus tax on that right now.
          2) 11/05/2014, signing of final paper work and delivery. Still could not test drive because they want you to pay and sign on the dotted line first. But ad stated Transmission and Engine is excellent shape and both jon and Kevin assured this was true. After driving 56 miles, the transmission blew and they wanted no part of it. I had to pay 600.00 to have that fixed which they should pay for false advertising and lying about the condition!

Steele MazdaPoor Service

Fyi watch out for this dealership. They rip you off left and right. This is an email I sent to the general manager, service manager and parts manager. Waiting on a reply that will probably be something like up to $200 free labour next time we service your vehicle which is good for like 1.5 hrs of labour because they charge so much. Lol, never again. I had to take in my car 7 times for 3 service calls in 9 months. They lie, steal and break your vehicle so you keep coming back.

I am writing to you today to express my disappointment with the technical quality of your workmanship provided at your dealership. I just recently moved to nova scotia this year and I have required my vehicle to be serviced several times. Not being aware of quality mechanics in this area, I put my faith in the local mazda dealership. Three times I have had my car serviced at your shop and all three times I had problems. I will explain from my memory what has taken place with my car under your care.

Situation 1 - around jan-feb, I took in my car to get a safety check and I was told I failed the requirements due to the fact that my exhaust flange was cracked. I was contacted by your service department to have this fixed and I agreed to the repairs. After receiving my car back, my car was making a loud rattling sound and that my heat shield was ready to fall off.in the next couple of days, I noticed a piece of my heat shield was broken and laying in my driveway. My car stopped rattling afterwards and I contacted steele mazda about this issue and they said it wasn't a big deal so I ignored it. About a week later, I noticed a smell of exhaust in my car. I thought maybe this would go away but it never did. I contacted steele mazda again to have my car serviced about two and a half weeks later. They told me that my transmission was now leaking oil where as this problem was not there when I had my car in for the initial safety. This makes me wonder and seems very shady.

Situation 2 - so I ended up taking my car to fix this exhaust issue. They told me there were various other components that should be looked at and rectified.in addition to the transmission oil leakage, my sway bar links were problematic, my transmission mounts were loose and my belts needed to be changed. So once again, I agreed to have all the work done and I drove my car home. Immediately my belts were squealing like a pig. I had to bring my vehicle in again to have them readjusted so they wouldn't make a loud awful high pitch noise while driving. It also took a few days before they would even service my vehicle which was very surprising.

Situation 3 (most recent) - I needed to have some winter tires changed over to new tires. I spoke to erin in the parts department about pricing for new tires. He told me that steele mazda could provide me with "goodyear ultragrip ice" winter tires for a price of 571 tax included which is also indicated on my invoice. I received my car and I dropped it off at home because I was in a rush to do other errands. I went to check my tires this morning and noticed they installed the wrong tires. They ended up installing "goodyear ultragrip" winter tires.

At this point i'm so frustrated with your business that I will probably never return again. I don't understand how you can charge the highest labour rates out of all the mechanics and do the worst job. Three times I had my car serviced and I had to bring my car back in on all situations pending this situation. Why was I foolish enough to pay thousands of dollars this year to get work done at your shop. Please clarify. Thanks.

2006 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport — Fraud / Scam

I registered interest for a Mazda 3, spoke to the man selling the vehicle, and submitted a deposit of $500...

Melbourne

CX-5 Mazda — Ad price not honor

I wasn’t going to pursue this but after talking with Tony at Russel Mazda and how poorly he handled it...

Mazda CX9New car has wires cut and engine problem

I have recieved my new car Mazda CX9 and from the first day I noticed the car was changing gears improperly after a few minutes of the showroom. The next time I started my car which was almost 4 days after collecting my car as I was traveling for business work and was not available in my city, I noticed that there was engine light coming on and off and them blinking and after sometime the car started vibrating. I took the car to the service centre and I was told to go to the aim service centre as the computer might need am upgrading. I went to the khurais branch were I was told that there is no employee to check on the computer as it is Saturday and was told to check on Sunday. Next day I get a call that the wires to the engine are cut and needs replacement and there might also be a problem with the computer but that can only be checked after replacement of the wire hosing. The company is blaming me and holding me responsible and wants me to pay for the parts and repairs. I had just driven my car 73 kilometers and this was because I had taken my car home and then from home to showroom and them to the main service centre. I haven't even driven the car properly and now the company is blaming me and accounting me to pay for the repair. I don't understand how an international brand company can give a improper car and blame the things on customers and there is no point of customer satisfaction. I am looking for some help in this regards from relevant agencies and company to helps in this matter. The car is in the service centre fr 13 days now and no one is helping me in this regards and the service centre is just blaming me for this and I cannot take responsiblity for what I haven't done. Please kindly help someone. Thanks [protected]@yahoo.com Dr Osman Zubaidi

2002 Mazda MilleniaCar title theft, fraud

In June of 2013 I purchased a 2002 Mazda Millenia from said auto group, sold to me by "sales manager" Jonathon Metcalf who presented himself as one of the owners of a "2 man shop." I paid in-full for it and was told I would get the title with 24-48 hours... A week later I followed up, every few days after I followed up, and kept getting told they were waiting for the DOR to send it to them. Come to find out, when I run a VIN search with the DOR, they never actually requested another title and the title should still be in their name. From this we concluded the car had a lean on it and the bank must've been holding the title (which meant they didn't actually use my money to pay off the lean) and we were right. After 30 days (when you get fined for not registering a newly purchased car by) I confronted Jonathon and he then admitted it was the bank holding the title and that they owed the bank $9, 000 so he wasn't going to get the title anytime soon. I then asked for a refund of the car plus the tire I had to buy for them since I purchased it (treads were worn out) and he refused to do that either, saying he didn't have the money to. The next day, per legal advice, I gave him a final warning, and after that I filed a civil suit against the business, a report with the attorney general's office, with the better business bureau, and the Springfield police department. My suit is now being closed because the Sheriff's office cannot find the registered agent, Michael Hartly, or anyone at the business location because they closed.
                I know that this has happened to other people, and the Sheriff's office told me many people were looking for Jonathon and any information we can give will help. I believe we can all work together to resolve this issue. For those in my situation, having paid for a car they cannot legally own due to title theft and a possible lean, here's my advice: let's track down the lending institution(s, ) run a VIN search if we have to on our cars to track down these leans, and see if we can't negotiate something reasonable with them. After that, they may either give us the title or we an apply for a new one (abandoned title, etc.) This will come to justice for all of us. You may call me at [protected] if it directly about this case ONLY. Thank you.

1 Response
                  • Je
                    jenans Sep 09, 2013

If you have had any dealing with M&P Auto, please join this group:

If we band together, we have a better chance of getting justice.

Mazda of Orangebuy back bait scam

17 months ago we purchased a 2012 Mazda 3 from Mazda of Orange. Wednesday 6-5-2013 I received a call from Larry Taylor one of the top Managers at Mazda of Orange. He said his reason for calling was unique and he needed our help. He had a long time customer that was looking for the exact car we had a 2012 Mazda 3 touring with sky-active technology. Because he needed our car he said they could put us in a 2013 or 2014 vehicle, cut our 17.5% interest rate which we had paid on time for 17 months (which he was looking at on his computer) in half, give us the options we wanted originally but couldn't afford. And also give us all the incentives that were available so that our payments would be lower without any money out of pocket. We told him that we had not been thinking about a new car or trading ours, and we did not want to waste our time unless he could come through with all his promises. He said he could if we found a vehicle, if we didn't he would at the very least refinance our current contract to half the interest rate. We felt that with all these incentives it would be to our advantage to give up our car. We arrived at Mazda of Orange Saturday 6-8-2013 met with Larry Taylor who handed us off to one his salesmen so that we could Inspect our vehicle and choose a car we liked. We found a 2013 Mazda 3 5 door with a $1500 (sun roof/Bose system) option. Then it was time to get it financed we were introduced to the Finance manager who started an application as if he did not know of all the promises Larry Taylor(who was gone for the day) made. Our existing contract was 17.5% on $20, 650 $446/mo., the best offer he had on the 2013 was 9% on $23, 250 ($1500 of it was our supposedly free option) and $440/mo. payments. He told us the only way was if we could come up with a down payment. We told him this was not acceptable after all the promises that were made. He was very rude from that point, said he would be back. He came back 15 minutes later told us he could not help us and left. After wasting 4 hours and gas, we left that dealership Humiliated and Angry beyond words. I don't know if there's any recoup for us, but this bait scam needs to stop I'm sure we are not the only ones scammed. So far no more calls from Larry Taylor. What can be done ?

Thank You, Richard Rios ([protected]@hotmail.com)

1 Response
                    • Go
                      GokuSS3 Jun 10, 2013

Report it to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and Larry Taylor's name as well. Maybe even file for a civil lawsuit against Larry Taylor, stating you are out money for gas & whatever other expenses that came due to this (on that day of course and relating to the visit) such as food if you went out to eat, wear and tear on the vehicle you own, like tires, mileage, (gas as stated), anything else you can think of. There might even be a criminal case (unsure) if it's considered false advertising or something, I'm sure there's a consumer law somewhere for this situation, IMO it is at least harassment. A quick google which lead me to wikipedia search shows this - Also, the majority of states have a Department of Consumer Affairs devoted to regulating certain industries and protecting consumers who use goods and services from those industries.[7] For example, in California, the California Department of Consumer Affairs regulates about 2.3 million professionals in over 230 different professions, through its forty regulatory entities. In addition, California encourages its consumers to act as private attorneys general through the liberal provisions of its Consumers Legal Remedies Act, Cal. Civil Code § 1750 et seq. More on that at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_protection#United_States

Hope this helps you

Freeway Mazda Cutrubus — scamming deceiving crooks

i bought a car from here couple months ago i have to admit when i pulled up the employees were very generou...

Gerald Jones Mazda Augusta, GAUnfair & Racist Policies

Gerald Jones Mazda Augusta, GA, also has many complaints, lawsuits, ACCUSATIONS of Fraud, racism, misuse of funds, wrongful employee terminations, and job discrimination- filed against the company, by former customers & employees: BBB's Numerous Bad Business Reviews for Gerald Jones Mazda Augusta, GA: enforcing Unfair & Racist Policies (like other southern car dealerships in the Georgia-Carolina Area), Lots of Bad Business Reviews and Very Poor Ratings for Gerald Jones Mazda Augusta, GA.. This Dealership has more employee turnovers than McDonalds, and Gerald Jones Mazda Augusta, GA staff has been accused of harassing new employees, job discrimination based on race, lying/falsifying documents to prospective car buyers, unethical car sales tactics, enforcing unfair policies/contracts, & more... Also goes by the name : Gerald Jones Audi | New Audi dealership in Martinez, GA 30907

www.bbb.org/unethical/Gerald-Jones-Mazda-Augusta-GA