Home Depot - Prescott, AZ / deceptive business practices!

Home Depot in Prescott, Arizona sent us a defective LG brand washer and dryer. The set was returned to the store approximately one month later when it was determined that there was no knowledgeable repair person in the Prescott area. This purchase was made on a 12 month deferred interest plan and approximately 10 months later, we were billed for the washer/dryer interest as if the merchandise were still in our possession, but not paid in full. Numerous attempts to have the erroneous finance charges removed did not work - one customer service representative after another seemed not to comprehend or care. Finally I asked to have my account closed and was told that to close the account, I would have to pay the erroneous amount. After paying the amount, I was then $52.45 overpaid on this account. In January, I found a representative who agreed that the account was overpaid and that I would be issued a check for the over payment. Today, I inquired a to why I still had no refund and was told that the customer service representative had checked with her supervisor and was told that Home Depot will not refund interest charges that are charged regardless of whether the charges are in error. I have asked for this policy in writing as I would like to have an attorney check the legality of such a policy. What do you think about what is clearly deceptive practice? By the way, after all this, they still have not closed the account as I requested.

Home Depot Logo Home Depot