Home Depot / amazing incompetence

My first experience was ordering cabinet knobs, the order got completely messed up and then I had to stand on the customer service line for a credit for almost an hour. I hesitated having any further contact but I needed flooring and decided to try again. I went into the Home Depot - 23rd St., NYC and Staten Island store and asked for Pergo laminate, when I could not find the color I wanted I was let to another flooring company and picked something out. When I got home, I realized I had been sold real wood instead of laminate. I accepted what I had bought but I am amazed at the incompetence of the organization.

Never again.

Va

Comments

• Va
      14th of Feb, 2007

I went to my local homedepot on January 29 2007. I wanted to purchase a dishwasher. The one I wanted wasn't available to be delivered until February 10.

I was never notified the night before when delivery would occur. I waited until almost 3:00PM the next day which was in their delivery window. Upon arrival the men didn't speak English and it was difficult to deal with them.

When they opened the product up on the truck the whole washing machine was warped. The frame itself was cracked. Yet the delivery guys wondered if I still wanted it.

They told me to call the warehouse and try to get another washer. I went back to the location and inquired about another model to be delivered. The associate said all the information wasn't filled out and he asked me more questions.

Finally he said the warehouse must be called to cancel order and get a new one. I then asked when a new one could be delivered and he said maybe Wednesday. Since he didn't realize it was past 5:00PM the warehouse was closed.

So to proceed I would have to come back on Monday at which time to complete the transaction and get the dishwasher would take at least a week. He said that the schedule is fool and that is the way it is.

Atr this time I was so enraged since I had surgery on my hand and needed the dishwasher ASAP. Since they could not comply I wanted ALL my money back. However, they said only the portion dealing with credit card can be credited on next bill. The part I used a Home Dpot gift card could NOT be given back in actual dollars.

I don't want to deal with this company anymore yet they continue to hold my money in giftcard form. It is my money yet they want me to remain beholden to them in the future.

I feel at this time I will have to contact the NY Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau to complain. Maybe even a letter to the Home Depot CEO.