Home Depot / high prices and they do not care about their customers
I'm a single woman with a modest income, restoring a 1925 house alone. I have shopped at HD exclusively for 15-20 years. I probably spent 15-20k in there last year.
In November, I needed a 10' 1x12. There was only one left and it was busted up. I asked if they would mark it down, and I could use part of it. The manager, Quentin, said no. Then I went back 2 weeks ago to spend another 2-3k. I asked if they could work with me a little since I spend so much money in there and give them so much free advertising. They were not very agreeable. I felt as though my business really didn't matter to them. I know I don't drop 100k a year in there, but I spend a huge portion of my salary there so I can do my own work. With the economy in this condition, you would think HD would try to keep customers.
I ended up at Lowe's, where they bent over backwards to help me with everything I needed. Unlike HD, Lowe's associates did not act as if it was a chore to take time with me. They also had far lower prices and gave me an additional 10% discount.
I am converted. In Colonial Heights, Va. Lowe's beats the bad service of Home Depot hands down.
More Home Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet 
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card! 
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes 
- American Craftsman Windows At Home Depot - windows 
- Hampton Bay - Outside solar lamps Model #79339 79330 
- Home Depot - counter top / customer service
- Home Depot - service provider dispute
- Home Depot - gas grill lost - 5 calls to get it delivered by on-trac - online order wa44091606
- Home Depot - danvers in back of the mall
- Home Depot Delivery - delivery & installation