Hertz / rental car

Colonial Heights, VA, United States Review updated:

I rented a car from Hertz in Colonial Heights VA a Nissan Versa. I returned car prior to service end date because the oil needed to be changed and I did't want to burn the engine up. When I was given another vehicle with cigarette burns in the seats and missing floor mats and upon driving away i discovered a missing spare tire. Needless to say I was pissed I wasn't told it didn't have a spare. Jamal the sales rep said he would either find me another vehicle or give me the one I had before back the next day after it's oil had been changed. I called him 5 times throughout the day and he told me it had not been finished yet. I call him and come to find out that my vehicle the one that he said would be returned to me was already given away that afternoon. So he had been lying to me the whole time! His excuse? " I guess I dropped the ball" his attitude was unapologetic he seemed not to care and almost seem jubilant at the fact that he had given my promised vehicle away. I can't speak to his motive but he is a horrible person to represent Hertz!

Gi
Nov 21, 2017

Comments

• Tg
      Oct 15, 2018

Our airline changed our flight putting us 12 hours ahead into Edmonton. Hertz are charging us $25 more for the 12 hours than they would for a whole day's rental at the same location. (I checked on line). I'm surprised a multinational company would exploit its customers like this rather than trying to help. Or perhaps I'm not surprised.

• Da
      Dec 24, 2018

I prepaid for my Hertz car and went into the Hemet, Ca. franchise to pick up my vehicle. The manager made us wait while he went on and on with a personal phone call. Then when it comes time to rent after I have been charged, he tells me that the only cars he has one needs an oil change and the other is missing a hub cap. Apparently it came off the vehicle with the last driver. When I didn't want the vehicle with the missing hub cap, the air became tense. One person told me that they would put a hub cap from another car. But we don't know if the wheel was bent and that's why the hub cap came off. They couldn't get the other car in to get the oil change. When I asked to cancel and get a refund, one service person became belligerent and said that I would have to contact customer service. The other service rep kept yelling that it was just a hub cab and hub caps come off. I have been driving for 40 years and I have never lost a hub cap. They charged the previous driver for the missing hub cap. So now I have to wait and see if customer service will refund my money. This is the worst customer service that I have ever experience. I couldn't believe that he was yelling at me it was just a hub cap. When I refused to respond, he walked away and said "fine take care of your business" and walked out.