Hertz / horrible, unprofessional company

1 Oroville, CA, United States

My car in shop was supposed to be ready by 10:00 12/28. Mechanic called to say it was not going to be ready till Friday. 12/29. Called Hertz Rentals and reserved a car for pickup 10:00, 12/28. Needed the vehicle to trace 1.5 hrs to surgical review Appointment! Got a neighbor to drive me down to Hertz. We went in and am so thankful she went in with me or I would have been stranded! The clerk was frowning, no greeting, and the first words out of her mouth was, "we don't have any cars!" I stated I had a reservation and she said she didn't have a car for me. The next five minutes were difficult as she was unwilling to act like a customer service rep. Insisting that she had been calling me all morning...this proves to be a lie as I had been home all morning until 10:00 waiting for my ride to take me to Hertz. There were no !messages not hertz number or missed calls! Went back home and spent two more hours reporting and and talking to National Office, thought they got me a car from a neighboring office and pickup but did not happen, again, the Corporate passes the buck. If I miss this pre-ok appoimtment, my surgery will be delayed and I will not be able to return to work on the date scheduled...I lose my position! These companies should have some regulations to keep them legit or close them up! There must be some recourse for victims of poor work ethics!

Or