Hertz Corporation / rental car in oslo, norway

Aug 11, 2015
Hertz Corporation
SAS Scandinavia Hotel, Holbergs Gaten 10, Oslo, Norway
When my wife and I picked up our Hertz rental car in Oslo on July 31st we noted that it was dirty. In the U.S., when we pick up a rental car, we are used to having it clean and washed. Since the car was dirty, it was a little difficult noting all the scratches in the paint. Also, the car was in an underground parking area where the light was not good.

When we inspected the car with a Hertz attendant, my wife noted stains on the seats. We brought this to the attention of the attendant and he told us “…not to worry about it.” The stains were not noted on the inspection form that had damage to the car from previous renters noted on it. There was one obvious reddish stain and very noticeable, just like in the photos provided to us in your e-mail. There were other not-so-obvious stains. Here again, I have never rented a car in the U.S. that had such stained upholstery. We certainly did not stain it.

We also purchased all the additional insurance Hertz offered: PLUS Insurance and Super Insurance.
Also, we dropped the car off at the Oslo Airport at 5:00 am on August 4th because we had an early flight. There was no one at the Hertz facility at the airport to discuss the alleged damage. We were at the mercy of what the Hertz personnel decided what the damage was with no input from us.

This seems like a scam to me to squeeze additional money out of your customers. Hertz, a large rental car corporation seems to be abusing its customers. I can’t imagine the Hertz Corporation would allow this sort of poor customer relations to continue if it knew about them. I certainly will stay away from renting from Hertz in the future.

I find the Hertz Europe rental car operation very unprofessional. I am surprised that the Hertz Corporation allows this substandard (as compared to the U.S.) operation to continue.

Hertz Logo Hertz