HDFC Bank Personal Loan / fooling existing customers

1 India Review updated:

I am an existing customer of the HDFC Bank, and my salary is credited in the same account. I had applied for a personal loan in January 2008, and they never followed up after collecting the papers. Everyday I would give them a call to confirm the status, and they would only say that it is being processed and the amount will be in my account within 7 days. Around January-end, they changed their response and said my file is rejected because my previous employment proof was rejected and declared as fake. I submitted the original documents to them for verification and validation, which are till date with them, and no calls from them.

They never gave me the file number, and said it is rejected. I called customer care, and they gave me the file number and arranged a call back. The representative who called me today was from Naraina branch (New Delhi) and said they cannot process the file because my file was originally submitted my Noida branch (Sector-62), and said I cannot apply for another loan for next 6 months...

What is it? Are these guys just making a fool of us or what? Who should we address such issues to? What was my fault in this whole scene? Of course I am in great need of money, and that is why I applied for this loan. Are these guys just playing with our emotions and need, or simply, with us? I wanted to escalate the issue to the higher authorities of the HDFC bank, but then... there are no contact details available, not even with the call center people... Is this what they call "Customer Service"?

Comments

• Dr
      5th of Jun, 2008

I have applied for a personal loans which the executive who had colloected my documments said to me that my loan is to be sanctioned less than a week because due to the HDFC Bank month ending on 31st may 2008 under parallel loan scheme, I was submitted all my documents on 27 th of May 2008 morning hour, but today is 5th May 2008, till date, I am Unable to get any positive answer from their end every time I wrang they said your loan will be approved today 2nd half, one report is yet waiting to come, on 4th May evening one person from your bank came to my chamber asking several questions, which I feel unnecessary because I have a very long term relationship with this bank ..

I have a Car loan of Toyata Innova running more than a years without having any delay in EMI Payment,

I have a personal loan amounting rupees 4 lacs 36thousand running since last 04 months.

I have closed one car loan before date of termination of the loan in your bank

I was applied for this Personal Loans( parallel loan) to purchase medical equipments to run my New Chamber but till date i am unable get any response from the bank end.

Expecting a positive response from your bank end regarding my loan application.

Thanking You

Your sincerely

Dr jintu Bora

9435196520

Nemcare Hospital
    Dept- Ortho

Guwahati ( Assam)

14th of Oct, 2008

let me help you guys out in this.

these banks need business..and for more business they need to contact more people, and to contact more people they have to hire more people which they cannot...now the so called HDFC employees who are calling you guys are not at all this banks employee...they are based somewhere else they collect information and call you up...the worst part is wen you handle your personal banking details to them.

the best part is please move your ### and visit a bank near you to take any loan and never never give away any personal or financial information over the phone.

You let these thieves in your accounts then cry for your losses...its you who can stop it.

be aware open your eyes...never make any buisness deal over the phone...never talk of your bank account over the phone...

dats the best tip i have for all of you...may be for the life time..

• Ra
      26th of Oct, 2008

Dear All,

I agree there are so called agents who are not HDFC employees.

I strongly suggest at least ensure they have some office and regular business with HDFC for bringing the clients.

Get always things in email minimum.

If at all issue arises contact email addres sprovided for customer service of HDFC and escalate the issue.

First 1/2 times they will try to close issue in normal way, reply to it saying I am not happy with your solution and then they will take everything seriously as they are not supposed to close the mails with I am not happy with solution remarks.

I got this experience man this changed my interest rate from 19 to 14.5 %

16th of Feb, 2009

For existing customers the home loan rates are 11.5 and for new customers home loan rates are 9.5 .This is cheating . Since we are already their customers, HDFC is not bothered about us.