HDFC Bank Personal Loan / fooling existing customers
I am an existing customer of the HDFC Bank, and my salary is credited in the same account. I had applied for a personal loan in January 2008, and they never followed up after collecting the papers. Everyday I would give them a call to confirm the status, and they would only say that it is being processed and the amount will be in my account within 7 days. Around January-end, they changed their response and said my file is rejected because my previous employment proof was rejected and declared as fake. I submitted the original documents to them for verification and validation, which are till date with them, and no calls from them.
They never gave me the file number, and said it is rejected. I called customer care, and they gave me the file number and arranged a call back. The representative who called me today was from Naraina branch (New Delhi) and said they cannot process the file because my file was originally submitted my Noida branch (Sector-62), and said I cannot apply for another loan for next 6 months...
What is it? Are these guys just making a fool of us or what? Who should we address such issues to? What was my fault in this whole scene? Of course I am in great need of money, and that is why I applied for this loan. Are these guys just playing with our emotions and need, or simply, with us? I wanted to escalate the issue to the higher authorities of the HDFC bank, but then... there are no contact details available, not even with the call center people... Is this what they call "Customer Service"?
More HDFC Bank Personal Loan Complaints & Reviews
- HDFC bank Credit Card - late fee charges 
- Smartpay, HDFC - deactivate facility 
- HDFC Home Loan - agreement fooling customers 
- HDFC Bank Ltd - releaving and full and final settlement of my providend fund and pending salary 
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan - delay in the processing 
- HDFC Bank - undue deduction of funds
- HDFC Bank - relating security guard 
- HDFC Bank - relieving letter emp code m3528 
- HDFC Bank - credit card
- HDFC Bank - unauthorised transactions